Griefers still so powerful and problems with ban by id

Some images as proof.

3 Likes

Wow, I was there after this happend and worked hard to get the compost and farming going, such a nice town :heart:

I don’t understand the bear tho, is there a story behind that? :rofl:

The bear is just for fun, he has crown so he is like the royal sacred bear of the village. Also, I just tried to be born there and get ppl to ban the ids. One person out of 7 did it while the other 6 either said they would and did not or even worse started to move the bushes and thus change the id on them. I had to kill those 6 bbs to prevent them from changing the ids! This griefer turned me into a monster, now I have to keep killing bbs who don’t ban the id until enough bbs do ban it. In the end I might just kill all bbs, basically the whole ban by id idea does not work even when it is clear that one person destroyed all bushes and sheep and raspberries. Any suggestions?

Also, how many bans does it take on that id to geographically ban that person given that the bans happen over a period of time, perhaps days, and in different families?

3 Likes

The problem with ban by id is that most ppl do not do it even with evidence, on the update notes for ban by id the situation described was a griefer being banned by id after their deaths. In reality most ppl do not do this despite clear evidence of a griefer. I am not sure how to change this.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear :frowning: I tried to find the post about the new anti griefers system, but it doesn’t say anything about amount of people needed or how long it will last.

But if I remember correctly, it’s 5 different players and the votes lasts a months. So your vote should still be valid, also the player can’t be reborn as your child, when you voted to banish him/ her :slight_smile:

Most of the players here at YAH is lovely people and it’s fun meeting you :heart: but some choose to be griefers and some players choose not to help in town - just eating berries.

Tbh that’s why I sometime love my solo play, I have my own little town, and when I go there I always use the carrot seed as prevention. I’m a bit scared to let someone in, if they start ruining my work.

1 Like

I am sorry for you, though I cringe a lot about the amount of „I have to kill bbs“ in your posts…

Quote: * If there are three or more votes against the same player (but from different players) inside the same square, that player will not be able to enter that part of the map again, until the votes expire.

That’s what Christoffers introduction says about the amount of ppl to get a person geographical banished. Already got 3 to banish that person? Maybe the bb killing can stop then. And for the time you clean up that town, maybe consider the anti bb pill. And when you are done you can have happy bbs again :relieved:

4 Likes

I really don’t want to kill bbs but the way the system is set up I am forced to do it or the id of the griefer will be changed, there are 2 votes so far so after one more I will stop killing bbs. I don’t like solo play and like bbs but I am afraid that if the griefer id is not banned before people change the id then it will be easy to destroy it again by the same person.

The real problem is that only one out of 9 ppl I tried to get ban actually did it, which makes the process take a long time. Many ppl do not know about banning by id and do not believe me when I tell them, so I think the game needs to inform ppl about this either in the tutorial or in the update notes or somewhere else, because in the update notes it says read the forum for details but most ppl do not do this.

So do I understand that correct? A baby spawns in. You say „ban that id for griefing (pls)“, the baby does not do this (you get a ban token just when you played 40(?) minutes) and then, even before it is 3, you run into the wilds to kill it? Because on this server there’s no other way to kill a baby (or maybe imprison it until it dies). So in a time when a baby has not enough time and letters to write to be able to understand if it is behind your cause and maybe even does not have a ban token you already have enough informations for yourself to chose who gets to play and who not… :thinking: I know of the pain to see griefer destroying my city. It is awful. But just get babies and raise them or take the anti bb pill. Imo serial bb murder are worse than what that person did to your town. And even if that person does not get geographical ban you may be more lucky next time. You shouldn’t blame the system when you are the one killing.

Even if this text might seem offensive to you, I absolutely don’t mean it that way! I hope it’s just food for thoughts

2 Likes

The system forces me to kill them as they move the objects with the id, and I can’t take the anti bb pill because I need someone to ban the id. I don’t kill them as bbs because ppl can only ban when they are 3. You are right, I imprison them later but only if they start moving evidence. The problem is, I tell them to not move the evidence because it has the id on it and they move it anyway. It’s fine to wait 40 minutes but they have to at least not change the id on the evidence of griefing and so far all the bbs do not listen even when I repeatedly ask them to stop. I usually don’t kill bbs but the way the system is set up if I don’t kill them the evidence will disappear. If there was some kind of log with the id so that ppl could not remove the evidence then there would be no need to kill them.

whats wrong with you? you kill other players because you got griefed? that’s griefing too. stop that. you will get more griefers when you kill players.

2 Likes

Or alternatively, if there was a way to ban an id without having to touch an object. You would have to type in the id and it would be banned. That way, ppl who I trust could see the id and then ban them even if the evidence was moved. There are many ways to change the system to not incentivize bb killing.

when you can’t play with others please go to a private server. killing players without reason is griefing.

All the bbs have to do to not get killed is to stop moving the evidence when I am nice to them and ask them repeatedly. They are removing the evidence of griefing which is a good reason to kill them.

no it’s not. it’s a multiplayer game. and you claim stuff for yourself. that only leads to more griefing. try to play with others. let them help you rebuild the city or go to a private server.

1 Like

So you are saying it is fine if the griefer never gets banned and the evidence is destroyed. The rebuilding takes hours and they will come back and destroy it in a couple minutes. There is no point to build anything if there is no way to punish griefers, nobody has suggested an alternative to bb killing that will get the griefer banned. I don’t like or enjoy bb killing but it is the only way to save the town for all the ppl in the long term.

don’t put words in my mouth. i did not say anything of that. your images don’t even show heavy griefing. there is much worse than that. seems like you spend a lot of time in killing babies instead of play with others. i would come to the server and would help you ban the griefer and rebuild your city. and i did that on other servers already. but it seems like you are a griefer too. if you can’t handle other players just take the birth control pill.

this game is way easier when you play together instead of killing each other.

1 Like

I played with ppl and didn’t kill a single bb for weeks in that village. Most of the ppl are good. The killing is not a lot of time as you said, it’s one life out of hundreds. And, when you say to not kill bbs even if they remove the evidence as I said they do, that implies that the griefer will not get banned due to all the ids being changed. So not killing bbs leads to the griefer getting away with it. Also, there is more evidence of griefing in other parts of the village but I just didn’t take photos because for example, if tools are missing you can’t take a photo of that.

I think we will never agree, it’s about values. Punishing some innocent people in order to punish one very guilty person vs letting the griefer get away with it without punishment and not punishing any innocent people. In the long term, I think the stricter anti crime approach is better but it relates to your values/beliefs about justice.

here is the link to the offical discord of YAH: https://discord.gg/PvBaYA

maybe it’s a bit easier for you to get the help you need. you can post in the us-beginner channel about the griefer and i bet players will join and help you.

1 Like