More paints and dyes

As you all know in the game you paint walls and dye wool clothes(also when will there be wool pants) and I’ve while I like it the way that it is I feel like we could go the extra mile and add more colors, first I will be discussing the paint cause it’s more simple then the dyes, so we already have the primary colors of paint red, yellow, and blue but what if we could mix them together to get more, to mix paints together you have to have at least three buckets make paint in too of them, in this example I’m using blue and yellow, now you pick up the yellow paint and pour it into the bucket, both buckets will only be half full, you can do it again if you want to change what bucket the paint is in, and then you take the blue paint and pour it into the bucket, the bucket will become unmixed blue and yellow paint in a bucket, to mix the paint together you will have to use a skewer, White paint would also be added but I don’t know how it would be made, anyways this post is getting to long so instead of adding the dyes in this post I’ll make another post.

5 Likes

Ah i think white paint was added in the recent update for bricks. Although i dont know about what the recipe is.

I think it would be easier to handel if you could take a bowel of paint from the primary paint buckets (blue red and yellow) and mix them into a empty bucket to get new colors.

For example lets say each paint bucket has 4 bowels of paint in them. Take two bowels of blue and two bowels of yellow put them into a empty bucket and stir to make green paint.

1 blue and 3 yellow would make a lighter color.
3 blue and 1 yellow would be a darker colour like a purple shade

Black could be 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 red , and a charcoal piece in a bowel of water.

There could even be much lighter shades of paint using a mix of wite paint and primary paints. Like making various shades of pink mixing red with white.

3 Likes

Also I’m not making part two because I was making it but I ended up closing out of safari to check something and when I came back all of my progress was gone

1 Like

Nvm I didn’t lose my progress and boy am i glad I didnt

3 Likes

This suggestion was so long ago and I don’t know why it’s not already a thing :smile: I was thinking about the same today. I would go for the option that @Mandrake suggested with the bowls. More colors for walls and bricks would be so nice! More creative ways to decorate a town

5 Likes

Also, maybe some high tech to make painting walls an easier process. Now it takes two limestone, one cinnabar, which is kind of rare, and one bucket of milk to pain only one wall red.

6 Likes

Maybe it would be better If we could use one bucket for more walls. For example 3-5 walls can be painted with one bucket. This would make it more profitable and wouldn’t be too hard to use all the materials.

Btw I would Like to be able to paint wooden things like boxes, floors, fences etc. too. This would be very nice!

4 Likes

That’s a good idea! I think it would be even nice to make a brush to paint everything. Maybe straw (or horse hair? :thinking:) + short shaft + rope. Then you can dip the brush into the bucket 3-5 times and use it on walls or wooden stuff. I would like to decorate my town colorful.

But using a bucket of paint more often because it’s so hard to make is definitely a good suggestion

Edit: also it is not possible to store colored paint in crocks right now as I remember. Is this correct? Because I would like to make a lot of paint in advance without a ton of buckets standing around and then run around to color everything.

4 Likes

I do not understand(It seems to be the limit of the translator.)
The default paint without added color is white paint.White paint is already there.
I am looking forward to the black paint.

This was a post from when white paint was first made usable. It was also before many other paints were added so we were making suggestions to make different paints.

Thank you very much for explaining. I understand.

1 Like