About the burrying, grave spial stuff

I made this nice place the last two days at EU2, always making sure I burry my bones to come back and improve the place…today I had some peeps playing with me there and one asked me to burry them…
Buuuut…
When I came back after them, my bones were gone so I thought they did that for me too, because I told them, I made the place and so on…
I’ m disappointed, that I again, made a nice place that is now lost.
I couldn’t burry myself because my bones were “cleaned away” :,(

I will not invest in building clay ovens anymore …ending up naked in the wild with a round stone, then a sharp stone and a stick…nope.
I’m serious! Real life is enough round stones and sticks, I came for peace and all I got is something that feels like doing taxes :frowning:

Please tell me, how is your fun vs frustration level playing this game? Maybe I don’t understand the deeper meaning of it…

3 Likes

Why do you say that it’s lost? If you have made your rebirth marker, it will stay in the same place unless you yourself make a new marker in another place. No-one else can move it but you.

I rebirthed in the wild, because I couldn’t bury my last lifes bones, I couldn’t find them.
At one point I always mess up the cycle like this…
Am I wrong, you will need a grave for the last lifes character after the first rebirth with a peace lily marker?

I guess the problem is not the marker itself, it’s the new character placement. As I understood (and may be wrong), you will respawn too far away and will not be placed next to the marker, even if the marker still exists on this server…

Maybe the other person will continue there though.

It doesn’t matter if your bones from one life have disappeared. Just live a new life and there will be new bones to bury.
When you get born through the Rebirth mechanism, you will see compass pointing to your marker’s position. It’s usually 50-100 tiles away, so it’s never too far.

1 Like

To get into the “Cycle” as you called is is hard and you have to be lucky. As Christoffer said your rebirth marker is not lost, you just have to be burried in another life.
But since it only works one time you will spawn at your place but if your playing solo no one will be there to burry you again. So you have to live somewhere else again, die there AND be buried AGAIN in the other life so you can get back to your place and burry your old bones. BUT that has to happen rather fast and you have to be lucky bc your bones will disappear after some time. Your place could even just be updated bc someone ran past it closeby or spawned somewhere close… you can see that with torches or baskets too, which can last a while but when you respawn they might also have burned/broke down… only way to get back into your cycle is coming back fast enough before something triggers your place to be updated…

I’m playing in a similar way as you but just lived 3 lifes without proper burial… so maybe i have to be buried twice too when i come back and i ince had the feeling that you have live some time in the other lifes before burrying really triggers the rebirth marker? Since some ppl where nice and let me die and buried me as a baby, but it didn’t work multiple times before i tried to live a whole life and was buried and then i was able to respawn… (paid for the surveillance thing to see if ppl really buried me - that way i also found out that some newbies burry you but dont add a tombstone and some ppl plainly say that they’ll burry you but then don’t -.-)

Those are not the only things that frustrate me - had another place for a while but hated what ppl did to it over and over again bc my rebirths only consisted of damage control in the end…
But at the new place i just take the carrot seed birth control at the start and burry myself when i’m in the cycle so i can build stuff in peace and when i lose the spawn again for some lifes i’m really happy to meet other ppl and help for example to build up a nee Eve’s Village or just work a simple job like baker for a whole life…

All in all it’s not really supposed to be a solo game, right… so this kind of works for me atm.

GL with being buried :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.