I honestly think the banishment system should be explained right from the start. Not just in a tutorial. I think about maybe add an FAQ to the starting screen. @Heidi_van_Bergen is totally correct, that if you don’t read the forum you basically know nothing about this system. Here is what I think should be right in every players face from the start:
- New and/or inexperienced players don’t know when it is actually right to vote for a ban, so often it happens that they vote just because they don’t like someone or they misunderstand a situation without asking why someone is doing something first. (Tbh when I was new I was much more ready to ban someone than I am now and that shouldn’t be the case). So in an FAQ it should be explained, that the main reason for voting to ban should be just when someone is griefing - everything else is (in my opinion, maybe others think different) absolutely no reason for it. Irl you sometimes also have to deal with ppl you don’t like, just avoid them as much as possible. But don’t ban! Maybe this lowers the problem @Jeremypantlin also mentioned.
- New and/or inexperienced players don’t know what happens to banned ppl. So pls explain in FAQ
- How many votes it takes to get banned
- Where you go to when you are banned
- How long you will be banned
- How long and what it takes to be unbanned again
From this I also hope, that new and/or inexperienced player a more careful not to do anything that might come up as griefing because they know right from the start what the consequences might be.
Maybe others can add something to the list. Also if there would be a FAQ on the homescreen we could in general collect some stuff that is necessary to know for beginners, that is not already included in a tutorial. I think the respawn system might be something good to add - for me it took the goodwill of Heidi to explain to me ingame and a closer look to explanations here in the forum.
If this is a topic @Christoffer and others think is a good idea, maybe open a new topic for „FAQ on homescreen“?