Does the bunny hat decay?

It’s so cute and I’m thinking of making it a goal to try and get it. But if it decays then maybe not anymore lol

1 Like

I don’t think so, at least not nearly as fast as other clothes do. It’s a bit hard to tell bc i don’t know for sure if it’s the same, but it has been knocking about for a month or so. And they’re so cute :rabbit:

1 Like

Hmm maybe it’s like the santa hat. If it’s been around for a month i have a feeling it doesn’t decay - so tysm for letting me know! New goal lol

1 Like

I’ve seen this hat before in a Chinese server, but do y’all know how to craft it?

1 Like

You have to craft a flower basket and trade it with the desert trader. You need all 4 colors of roses. The red and white roses take the longest to make.

2 Likes

Oh, I really don’t wanna do that now :fearful: I heard the roses take HOURS to make.

It does not decay, and it’s totally worth it! Trust me!!! I had a bunch of them in my old town. And the thing about the roses is that once you get it planted, you never have to go through that process again. And also it’s not like you are actively creating these roses for one to two hours. It’s just on a timer. So if you have some time where you’re going to play two games in a row, just make the first thing you do be the roses.

It sounds complicated, but its pretty simple. There’s a relatively recent post on the forum about the roses that i, myself, contributed to. It will have all the information you need.

Plus there are really cool ways to decorate with roses, as well as players like to give them to each other sometimes. It’s really cute.

If you get an experienced player born to you, ask them to start the rose process for you or to help you with it. Sometimes people like the direction or to be given a task.

I even had a job postings board at the most recent town I abandoned. You could easily ask for someone to do the roses on that job board. The only one that you really need to keep an eye out is for the one hour Rose. The two-hour Rose you can just leave it out forever and it doesn’t really matter, as long as it’s 2 hours or more. You could leave it there for days and months and still come back to it and get the rose that you need.

1 Like

This must be two hours of play time…that is, someone has to be in the server and relatively nearby for two hours. Because I got excited by this and tried again to get white roses in my little solo-play town, cut a wild rose seed at the beginning of my life, lived and died, and then went away from the game for six hours. Then jumped in and played again, planted my seed and got Red roses. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

@Quartermoon i think it is also depending on your server settings. if you have slow time activated for decay, it might also take that much time longer for the roses.

2 Likes

Well, I am in US1 so the settings are as normal. But I have now trimmed a couple of seeds and left them near my kitchen and banquet hall (I have seven tables lined up with all sorts of goodies to manage my Yum bonus). And I am trying to just ignore them and play through several lives…that should get them over the 2 hour mark eventually!!! Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: imo roses are the hardest part of the game. Sorry for not being specific.

2 Likes

Wait, what? What the heck? I’ve never heard of that. R u talking about private servers?

2 Likes

Each server (public or private) has a decay time set. That is what influences the rose colors. If you manage to figure it out for each server, you’ll have no issues with rose planting and things including them…

2 Likes

yes on private servers you can set slow decay, but it also slows down such timed things like the roses.

This worked!! I left the trimmed seeds alone for several lifetimes, five I think, and tried to be near them for at least half the time I was playing. And now I have a lovely white rose bush. Now I am going to design a little rose garden!

2 Likes