Eve petition

We are considering replacing the fertile women limit from the eve respawn logic with a different condition.

What we want to achieve:

1. Even if you are very few on a server, there should still be a possibility to reach high up in the tech tree, if you play well enough (the 60-year condition)
  2. If there are times in the day when too few people play for the families to go on, there should still be a chance for a city to be repopulated later.
  3. You should not be able to abuse the system through either baby suicide or baby abandonment strategies.

Here is the suggestion:
A. Living to 60 as an Eve means that your death position will be stored. The next time you are an Eve, you will spawn in that position. (This is nothing new)
B. Dying before 60 will always erase your Eve spawn position. You must start again from a new position. The news here are that if you are born as a baby, you must also live to 60 if you want to keep your Eve spawn position.

So a skillful player would be able to “go back” to a city even after all family lines have ended there, and bring other players there too, by giving birth to them. But that player must never baby suicide. Also, the other players should not abandon babies before they can take care of themselves, lest they risk erasing the Eve spawn points of those players.

If there is support for this, we are willing to make it happen. So let me know!

5 Likes

I like that, though i think it should be live to 30 not 60. (Just my opinion). I think if a baby dies before 3 they should be exempt from losing their eve spawn BUT they cant jump from moms arms til 3.

3 Likes

please just make it so we can buy privite servers.

This would not even a problem on like a japan server its only on us and eu cause we have 20 players and 50% is noob it will be the same, u will spawn to a noob eve she will die her self before ur even 3 years old. And the players that play alot will be building eve towns forever.

Its not hard just a eve spawn wont chance the game in general like on the big servers and the people that just want to play with friends or alone can do so.

I dont see the problem please explain to me what the problem with version 1.8 was ?

Also players can just bin babys to troll.

3 Likes

If u guys dont want to fix it u can say in the app store that this game only works if ur from japan.

And give me my money back cause im not even playing anymore just waiting for u guys to fix something

5 Likes

I am not sure if it works better or not.

1. I have born with lots of newbies eve, and they hold the baby and run for food and die in badlands.(of cos I can’t live without my mum)

2. I sometimes born as eve and stand in the middle of jungle with lots of mosquito, 3 or 4 times comes with a baby and we both got yellow fever and the baby died.

3. I born with village which my mum hold me and said " come back as girl" (which i am boy), and i leave to strave.

4. I born in eve camps which haven’t start / starting a farm, my bro and sis and mum have eaten up all the food surrounded. I run for food when i am 3 and nothing i can find and straved. (so do my bro and sis)

5. sometimes you lag, and born with mum run far away and not in the screen, you can’t find her to feed you. (maybe she left in purpose)

sometimes i can’t reach 60 because of noob player, sometimes babies die because of bad luck(mum just got attack by snake/ boar /mosquito), sometimes babies die because of unwanted gender. If changing the system to erase the eve spawn location by living a life to 60, I think you have to be super lucky to have yourself respawn to your saved village.

5 Likes

I think this is a great concept but agree with @Ranma that babies that die before 3 years old should not lose their eve spawn. Some eves may be beginners or have not enough resources to feed another baby or, as mentioned by others, be “trolls” and choose to abandon their babies, knowing that their babies are unable to curse them.

After all, the eve would have nothing to lose by abandoning the baby. By abandoning her baby, the eve would still keep her spawn position, while the baby loses his eve spawn position.

Another problem I can foresee is that the eve gives birth to a boy, and after the boy turns 3, the eve dies (of starvation for example). The boy will then be forced to live his life alone till hes 60 and never have any family, which can be quite unenjoyable in that life. But maybe that’s justified as just a high price to pay if we want to keep our eve respawn positions. After all this respawn feature is not a key mechanic of the game and is more of a premium.

Apart from that I think its a great solution. And I appreciate you guys taking the time to genuinely consider the feedback received and coming up with new solutions. It really shows you care about the players.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. I very VERY!! serious at playing this game. I use my time 3-4 hour for try build a good village for everybody come here and want to play. Hey guys you know that? I can’t back my home again!! What happen!! I’m not solo, die old age, died is my home, take care kid if they want to play(no run away for me) what happen guys!? I bought this game because I can play with other and HAVE EVE SPAWN! If you not fix please give me my money back and I not tell my friend buy this game for play together. I hope you will understand and sorry If my english is not good.

4 Likes

Ya the problem for the baby side is that things happen like earlier today i popped into the US begginer server and was sacraficing babys to the snow man gods. Id built a square of incomplete snow men leaving one open spot in the wall and would wait to have a baby name them sacrifice and throw them in there and seal the exit while muahahaha ing. That would have been multiple babys losing their eve spawns and there would be no way for the program to distinguish that from a suicide.

Maybe theres another way like a point system? Every year you live you gain a point every time you jump from your moms arms you lose 1. And the goal is to have a a balance of 0 or higher when you die to keep your eve spawn. There could be more checks too like eating large foods such as pies and soups when you only have 1 hunger tick missing would give a negative point. being cursed would give like 10 negatives. And for moms letting their baby starve would net negative 5-10 points.

And there coud be other things that give positive points of course. Bulding wells, peace monaments feeding others babys feeding sheep and pigs.

This system wouldnt be perfect but it would work for all stages of ohol from eve camps to fully developed citys. Even if you catch a stray curse from a griefer as long as you survive 10 minutes your score would be back to 0 as long as you were a good baby. But itd work best if babies cant be cursed since a mom could still curse their child and then abandon them.

The negative points could also be used so that when they reach a threshold they atomatically get a special curse something along the lines where it says “Zander Mandrake has been punished for their evil” and the curse point would be permanent untill they get sent to donkey town.

Of course this is all easy to say than do since i dont know anything about programing lol
@Christoffer

Ah and each time the special curse takes effect it could lower the threshold to get another. There could be a bonuse for good players to like a +1 food tick for all foods once they reach the threshold or maybe a extra ten mins for their lifetime or more avaliable food ticks theres really all kinds of things that could be rewards for outstanding players.

I like it, except for this part.

This could be abused by trolls.

3 Likes

The problem is that people destroy the game for each other when they chase the Eve respawn. Private servers is the solution for people who want to go solo. For people who want to build a city together, but are too few to keep it going, the respawn is a possible way forward.

Private servers are coming. Please be patient.

5 Likes

please dont make it even worse than it is! players die from several reasons as babies, not just suicide. with the actual system i saw 3 villages with a partly built bell tower on europe-2 (17 player max.) this weekend alone. so please dont screw it up even further!

Im sure if there is like a private server with eternal cities for us and eu no one will play the normal game anymore hope well see.

Looking forward to it thanks

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks for replying. How about a system where you can regain your Eve spawn but not if you die, as you said, however this only counts if you die before 60 beyond the age of 5. That way at least players won’t be so likely to get unlucky and get abandoned by an Eve who does not see them, or simply is not fed properly. Babies die all the time in primitive communities in Ohol however the 5 year mark would mean players would at least have a chance to survive off of their own skill at the game.

3 Likes

If you’re Ben, then it’s impossible to be patient. :joy:

5 Likes

I agree with ranma and greenwood. The game would need specific limits then that would exempt a person young enough from losing their eve respawn while also forcing them to become a baby again after however many exempts they get. I think since people could just as easily be trapped in a room with limited food and force fed by the mom until 5 or so, or just an area that ran out of food, the exempt limit should be 7-10.

With that being said if it was introduced in this way too, this would discourage many players from hunting because of the fear of death. What I’m thinking players should also be exempt from losing their eve respawn when they are 40+ too. So at least they can hunt without worry at that age.

Maybe something else would have to revolve around this though. This in turn would force players to keep working on an area even if the eve already died. As I see it there is no way for players to develop an eve spawn in an area without being an eve. That’s all I see missing.

Thats true :joy:

3 Likes

Like I think we could avoid a lot of this if players are just given a way to develop an eve spawn when they’re not an eve.

5 Likes

It was never intended that there be solo play. Ever. Where on earth do you get such an idea?

Relying on goodwill for people to NOT abandon babies isn’t going to work considering the history and experiences of people, in particular of those demanding a way to play solo.

Also since babies aren’t Eves, why on earth would a re-spawn mechanism be built in for them? Am I missing something?

There should be some kind of trigger killing the Eve spawn location for abandoning babies.