Eve petition

The game works. Period. That it doesn’t do precisely what you want it to do doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. You’ll soon have your private server to play however you like. Demanding your money back? Tsk.

You aren’t supposed to have an Eve spawn set if you’re not an Eve. Hence the term Eve spawn.

I understand that its ok for players like you that are still trying to master the basics and like the roleplaying part of the game. But im don with making eve towns.

1 Like

Next to that have a little respect i did not go to school with u.

3 Likes

You think ur being helpful when in reality you sound like a catlady with nothing to contribute to the conversation besides your over exaggerated, outraged reactions. As if your opinion is the only one that matters. self righteous cat

8 Likes

His posts in different threads suggest otherwise.

It’s called constructive criticism. Would you like me to provide the definition?

The exact same thing can be said about yourself. Excluding the parts about his profile picture, which you bash for quite literally no reason.

Why can’t we all be courteous and respectful of each other?

2 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things

4 Likes

No not like thisss😂

To me if you want the easiest solution for people to be able to play with friends and others they know. A eve spawn mechanic that people who are not eves can spawn in as eves is required.

You could make something simple like craft a “eve spawn marker” from a home marker and if you die of old age then the next time you become an eve you will spawn to the spawn marker if it is intact.

To solve the baby abandonment issue all there needs to be is a “no build” monument, much like the “no kill” monument but instead you cannot build or destroy floors/walls in the area it covers. Only the actual monument itself can be destroyed. This way people can then trust anyone without worry of them destroying the place they worked multiple years on. Same as people can build actual public work projects without worry of them being griefed.

Of course the same keys could be double crafted so if a greifer is good enough to have all of them, then your out of luck.

A “no baby” mode would be nice.

Of course I get the games intentions but these are just my suggestions. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. Only trying to offer up solutions.

3 Likes

I like this idea

Sign.

I like the idea of having a monament that prevents building within the area and modifying fences. Could use it to protect the sheepfarm and keep nurserys from being locked with people inside

From Christoffer’s comment in https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/eve-respawns-messed-up-again/3470/6 :

Eve respawn is not and has never been a main feature of this game. Its purpose is to make the game enjoyable when there are no other players online. Jason created it as a bit of a hack

If it wasn’t intended, why else would it be possible to respawn in game? Jason wouldn’t have added this into the game at all. Its a collateral feature, but a feature nonetheless.

2 Likes

:joy:

It’s right there. That’s the purpose. Collateral or not.

1 Like

If nothing else, this thread shows clearly that different people do wish for different things, sometimes mutually exclusive ones. Something to keep in mind.

Since we update the game as often as we do, there is a bit of freedom to experiment. So: we will change the logic to the one I mentioned for the next update, and see what that leads to. None of you have to write an essay about how the game has been destroyed because of developers who don’t listen to the users because of this. We might change it back the next update after that if it doesn’t improve anything.

Thanks for caring about the game.

10 Likes

It does mean deviating from the “gold standard” though, which you in general try to avoid. :wink: Why do you leave the path of jason?

1 Like

I appreciate the updates the devs do. This isn’t a PC game so of course there will be a different player base and changes accordingly. The fact that the devs listen to players is great, of course there is a fine line between listening and catering.
I’m worried if you have to live to 60 each life to maintain eve spawn it’s not going to go over well.
I understand the need to stop baby suicides so it’s a difficult line.

My idea: Moms should be able to hold baby til they are 3, and if a player dies between 5 and 40 they lose their eve spawn. This won’t stop suicides but it will be less likely, and believe me, kids can easily be force fed til 5.

Also, cursing enough to be sent to donkey town will make you lose spawn, thus less likely to have pro griefers. They are less likely to risk losing eve spawn.

1 Like

Maybe a spawn in restriction could be implemented. People who were chasing eve spawns took advantage of the birth cooldown time in order to eve spawn. Say 3 fertiles are online. You spawn in and suicide, it now takes x amount of time for her to have another baby. Lather rinse repeat and if done fast enough you will spawn as an eve cause the women are on cooldown. A delay in respawning should help with that, it doesn’t have to be any crazy amount of time. Maybe 1 spawn per 180 seconds?

I don’t understand the logic behind this solution. It basically gives power to people who purposefully want others to lose their eve spawns.

Stopping baby suicides is one thing, stopping baby killing is another thing. And so with this new condition, if I’m born a female, I’m being asked nicely to keep all babies lest they lose their eve spawn? That doesn’t seem fair to me or to the other player. And if my village or family dies I’m forced to live out an entire life with nothing to gain other than keeping my spawn going. Seems like an unproductive waste of time. This idea will change game play in a much more complex way then any update before.

Avoiding overpopulation in game play is a strategy I use often but I feel like I would be forced to keep all babies at the risk of possibly ruining their saved eve spawn.

Also, I’m betting you will find more people who are afraid of death to the point where they won’t leave their village to avoid it.

And even though I personally couldn’t care less about cults, religion or any type of roleplaying, this solution also discourages players from engaging in this part of the game which they enjoy.

Basically I think this idea is too narrow and restricting and is going to create more unnecessary problems when the solution is actually simple.

Sorry for the essay style response.
TLDR This is a bad idea.

6 Likes