Newcomen Machine—what’s next?!

Hey! I have finally got my Newcomen device and all the various parts. So what should I make first? What is the most interesting thing you have made once you’ve gotten this technology?

2 Likes

watering can is very convenience.
I like firestriker a lot as you need no leaf or bellows then.

wheelbarrow

car… :smirk:(lot of work and lot of iron!!but fun to drive)

and if you like glas yarn, you can make a glas pipe.
I think you need the roller, then drill, THEN JUST ROLLER(the first machine) AGAIN. this is the part where one often search long. maybe the pipe need to be heated again before put in roller…

2 Likes

Ha! All the glass jars and such! Fun. And a watering can would be awesome.

2 Likes

You could make a blowpipe for baby bottles :hushed:

1 Like

Technically you can get fire starter and watering can from the trader for mined gold. So I think the most useful is the blowpipe. Can also be transferred to other cities, skip a bunch of tech and still make glass with it. Also needed for rubber noodles I think.

All great suggestions! I am trying to figure out the steps to a watering can. I so wish the guidebook would go further forward in a recipe than one step!!

2 Likes

Damn, thanks for asking that question, newcomen is kinda hard to figure out imo bc i repeated everything else up to sheep stuff a trillion times in every Eve Village, but when my own place finally got there it already had so much other stuff to maintain that i wasn’t dedicated enough to invest some lifes just in learning newcomen.

But 2 years ago i prbly spent like 20ig lifes to build a car just from the ig book and it was so damn worth it! Nothing better than just crushing all those goddamn snakes! SO much fun! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would love to make a car. But need to figure out diesel first…and cannot find an oil well near my homestead! :frowning:

2 Likes