Re-design of the Curse system

The most common complaint we see today is that it is too difficult to defend against griefers (players who wish to sabotage the game for others). There are two types of tools in the game that you are supposed to use against these players: weapons to kill them and curses to banish them. But it seems that it’s necessary to give the normal players more power in this fight, so we will make the curse system more powerful.

This is how it currently works:

1. Players gain one curse token by playing for two hours. You can only have one token, not more.
  2. When you curse someone, your token is used. You cannot curse again until you have regained a token.
  3. A player who gets cursed gains one curse point per curse. These points are local to the server though.
  4. A player who has 8 or more curse points on a server is banished, and will be born far away from the others. This is called Donkey Town, but it is not a real place - just far away into the wild.
  5. One hour of play reduces curse points by one, so the player can re-enter society eventually.

This is how we think we will change it:

• 1 and 2 remain the same.
  • 3 changes, so curse points become global and affect all servers.
  • 4 changes, so curse points become global and so the banishment limit doesn’t always have to be 8. Players who repeatedly get banished to Donkey Town can get their limits reduced, so they get banished quicker if they repeat their bad behavior. The tolerance becomes lower for repeat offenders.
  • 5 remains the same.
  • 6 (added) If a player gets cursed N times in the same life, their character will die of the N:th curse. The value of N can be lower (~3) on a server with low population and higher (~5) on a server with high population.
  • 7 (added) A player who has been cursed to death on a server, will be banished to Donkey Town on that server until they have zero curse points left.
  • 8 (possibly added) Not playing the game for 24 hours also reduces curse points by 1 (encouraging a break for those who have misbehaved).
  • 9 (added) Observers can also use a curse token, if they have one available.

The system is supposed to do three things:

• a) Make it possible for a settlement to “vote away” griefers, so they stay away and can’t easily come back
  • b) Prevent those griefers from just continuing to sabotage one settlement after another.
  • c) Make it possible for players who have been cursed without good reason (because this will also happen) to keep playing the game without being severely affected.

Please let us know what you think about this design. We encourage you to submit your feedback before we lock it down.

Thanks!

13 Likes

呪いシステムの改善について

今、皆さんから最も多くご意見をいただいているのが、荒らし(ゲームを妨害したいプレイヤー)から自身や村を守ることが非常に難しいということについてです。荒らしプレイヤーに対抗して使用できるツールが2タイプあります:彼らを殺傷するための武器と、ゲームから追放するための呪いです。しかし、今よりも通常のプレイヤーにより強い対抗力を与える必要があるように思われるので、我々は呪いシステムをより強力にしたいと思います。

以下に現在のシステムがどのように動作しているかを説明します:

1. プレイヤーは2時間プレイすることによって一つの呪いの権利を獲得します。 一度に一つの権利しか持てません。
  2. あなたが誰かを呪うとき、あなたの権利が使われます。権利を取り戻すまで、あなたは再び呪いをかけることはできません。
  3. 呪われたプレイヤーは、呪いごとに一つの呪いポイントを受けます。ただし、これらのポイントは一つのサーバーに対して有効です。
  4. 一つのサーバー上で8以上の呪いポイントを受けたプレイヤーは追放され、他のプレイヤーから遠く離れて生まれます。これはドンキータウンと呼ばれていますが、特定の場所ではありません。
  5. 1時間のプレイで呪いのポイントが1つ減るので、プレイヤーはいずれ社会に再び生まれることができます。

そして以下が我々が新しく変更しようとしている点です:

• 1と2は変わりません。
  • 3を変更、呪いポイントがグローバルになり、すべてのサーバーに影響します。
  • 4を変更、呪いのポイントがグローバルになることにより、追放制限が常に8になるとは限らなくなります。繰り返し犯罪者の許容範囲は低くなります。
  • 5は変わりません。
  • 6(追加)同じ人生でN回呪われたプレイヤーは、N回目の呪いでキャラクターが死亡します。 Nの値は、人口が少ないサーバーでは低く(〜3)、人口が多いサーバーでは高く(〜5)なります。
  • 7(追加)サーバー上で死ぬまで呪われたプレイヤーは、そのサーバー上のドンキータウンに、呪いのポイントがゼロになるまで追放されます。
  • 8(おそらく追加)24時間ゲームをプレイしないことでも、呪いポイントが1減少します(迷惑行為をする人にゲームを休むことを促します)。
  • 9(追加)権利がある場合、観察モードからも呪うことができます。

このシステムは次の3点のことが可能になります:

• a) 多数決で荒らしを追放することを選ぶので、彼らは離れて留まり、簡単に同じ村に戻って来られなくなります。
  • b) 荒らしが次々に村を渡り歩き妨害し続けないようになります。
  • c) 正当な理由なしに呪われたプレイヤーが(これも起こり得るため)、深刻な影響を受けずにゲームをプレイし続けることができるようになる。

この新しいデザインについてどうぞご意見をお寄せください。実際に運用する前にフィードバックをいただけますと大変幸いです。

いつも遊んでくださってありがとうございます。

5 Likes

As a pro griever i say its still to easy to grieve and if ur in donkey town will u get a eve spawn ?

We can grief with curse now :joy:

I just annoy the grifers constantly

The changes is good idea. I appreciate you considering our feelings. I wonder about a couple of things however.

1. There’re griefers who accuse another player of messing up that they did, in order to make the token of the others be used and beat getting curses. When the pinned player get enough curses to die, the player have to play in donkey town, so I think we need more higher threshold or a system to cancel misdirect curse.
  2. a griefer come back again and again after got cursed by many players. I guess the griefer use emulator so I wonder if you ban the use of emulator.
1 Like

Hi, I really appreciate those new changes to the curse system.
the ‘’ cured to die’’ system(6) is just what we’ve been wanting. However, I assume the number should be a little bit higher as it could be easily reached even when the player doesn’t mean to grief. I usually play on Japanese servers, and there seem to be more than 40 players per village( I didn’t count them exactly, but especially after engine things were implemented, there is a greater number of players per village.)

When I’m observing, I noticed that there are other types of griefers; they take away newborn babies and kill them far away from their village, or take tools with them and hide them. How about making observers curse those griefers?

4 Likes

This will help teach the noobs to not grief, and either be good citizens or not a citizen at all. I agree with this 100%, except Im not to curtain if I like the cursing to be global at a such a low tolerance, i think it should only be global if they have been cursed out of 2 servers, not one. Since the goal is mostly to keep griefers away from the towns they have victimized I dont see a reason to push it too much and potentially ruin the idea, because this works great to keep away repeat offenders until people cant play in any large towns on any servers at all. So like i said already, global donkey town should only be in effect if someone is sent to donkey town on multiple servers around the same time. Not just a repeat offender of one particular server.

2 Likes

@Joey9981 It won’t be as easy as it was before, and even if it will be, the punishment for getting caught is higher, will hopefully scare you enough to not grief as much.

Also, you will only spawn as an eve in donkey town if there are no other people in donkey town that are fertile.

1 Like

呪システムの改善ありがとうございます。

上のシステムですと下記の荒らしに対応できません。

1、子供を産む年齢の母親が産まれた子供をナイフにより、pkをする。

2、拠点外の荒らしがものを隠したり、熊をだす。

3、荒らし情報の嘘を他のプレイヤーに言う。

以上より、私は下記の改善も必要と考えています。

1、赤子でも呪システムを使えるようにする。また、家系図でも呪いシステムの権利を行使できる。

2、街にいる人の表示が出来るようになる。

3、呪いシステムを使ったら、ユーザと呪われた人が全プレイヤーに通知される。

以上です。
今回の呪いシステムの改善は我々ユーザとしてもとても心待ちにしていたものです!

感謝と心より応援申し上げます。

8 Likes

私もあなたの意見に賛成です。
今のoholだとまるで火花飛び散るぐらい荒らし達との戦いをしています。
こんな事起きて欲しくもないし、ユーザーが失望する姿も見たくありません。なので、自分には見えないが相手から見える呪いメーターも追加で欲しいです。

4 Likes

呪いの効果が全サーバー共通はありがたいです。
要望を加えるとするなら、家系図からも呪えるようにして欲しいです。
荒らしは結構やり方が巧妙で、生きてる時に犯人がみんなに周知されてる事のが少ないので。

7 Likes

Thanks for your working.
私は呪いシステム強化の効果を期待します。
気がかりが1点あります。それは荒らしが呪いを無効化している、ということです。
その人のアカウントへの対処を含めた再構築を、どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

4 Likes
  • 9 (added) Observers can also use a curse token, if they have one available
12 Likes

荒らしの呪いが溜まったら可視化できるようにしてほしいね…

荒らしの吹き出しが黒くなるの、そいつがドンキーに送られた後なのはなんか…遅いと思う

いっそ呪いポイントが一定量溜まったら、ドンキーに送られる前のすぐに吹き出しが黒くなって欲しい

6 Likes

4番、繰り返し呪われるとドンキーまでに必要な呪いポイントが少なくなるのは良い考えだと思います。
ドンキーに行く前に吹き出しが変わるのはあまり良い考えには思えない。
呪いトークンを持っている人は、吹き出しが黒くなった人を見たら呪うだろうから。
荒らしだけでなく勘違いやうその証言で呪われたプレイヤーもドンキーへ送られやすくなる。

4 Likes

1 and 2 remain the same.

[en] Two hours is too long. Actually I have encountered three griefers in an hour and I felt that the number of curses was insufficient. I recommend that players gain one curse token by playing for 30 minutes (Note that only one token in one life).

[ja] 2時間は長すぎます。実際、私は1時間に3人の荒らしに遭遇したことがあり、呪いの回数が足りないと感じました。私が推奨するのは30分のプレイ毎に1呪いトークンの増加です(ただし1回の人生で1トークンのみ)。

3 changes, so curse points become global and affect all servers.

[en] This is the feature we needed most.

[ja] これこそ私達がもっとも必要としてた機能です。

4 changes, so curse points become global and so the banishment limit doesn’t always have to be 8. Players who repeatedly get banished to Donkey Town can get their limits reduced, so they get banished quicker if they repeat their bad behavior. The tolerance becomes lower for repeat offenders.

[en] Sounds good. A serious defect of this game is that assets built over hundreds of hours by dozens of players can be destroyed in just 30 minutes by one player (In general MMO games, Griefer can only ruin at most a few people’s life). Griefer must compensate for it.

[ja] いいですね。このゲームの重大な欠点は、何十人ものプレイヤーが何百時間もかけて構築してきた資産を、たった一人の荒らしがわずか30分で壊滅可能なところです(一般的なMMOではせいぜい数人の人生を台無しにする程度のことしかできません)。荒らしはそれに見合う代償を負わなければなりません。

6 (added) If a player gets cursed N times in the same life , their character will die of the N:th curse. The value of N can be lower (~3) on a server with low population and higher (~5) on a server with high population.

[en] I agree. Especially it is an effective solution in non-PK server.

[ja] 賛成です。特にPK不可な初心者サーバで効果的な解決方法になりますね。

9 (added) Observers can also use a curse token, if they have one available.

[en] Awesome! Another problem different from described above was that it was difficult to track in order to curse griefer in mobile app UI. Also, as a Japanese ideology, it is a natural way of thinking to curse an opponent whose deceased had a grudge before die.

[ja] 最高。上で前述したものとは別の問題点として、モバイルアプリのUIでは、荒らしを呪うために追跡するのが困難なところにありました。また、日本人の思想として、死者が生前に恨みをもった相手を呪うのは自然な考え方です。

7 Likes

I agree with your re-design plan, but let me point out the missing points from other perspective.

私は呪いシステムの再設計案に賛成ですが、別の観点から欠けている点を指摘させてください。

Kill off livestocks (家畜の全滅)

One of the popular malicious acts is the kill off sheeps.

人気のある悪質な行為の1つが羊の全滅です。

actual (現状)

The griefer kills the all sheeps with a knife at the interval where there is no other player.
We need a means to identify the griefer and indirectly curse it.

荒らしは他のプレイヤーがいない間に、全ての羊をナイフで殺してしまいます。
荒らしを特定し、間接的に呪う手段が必要です。

expect (あるべき形)

When selecting livestock carcasses, display the name of the slayer and make it curseable from there.

家畜の死体選択時に、殺害者の名前を表示し、そこから呪えるようにしてください。

PK escapes quickly when stabbed (PKは刺されると素早く逃げる)

I think this is a bug.

これはバグだと思います。

actual (現状)

Player killer will result in a blunt feet for 60 seconds, but if it is stung by PKK, that blunt feet will be released. This problem will allow PK to escape quickly and reduce the risk of being cursed.

PKを行うと60秒間鈍足になりますが、PKKによって刺されるとその鈍足は解除されてしまいます。この問題はPKが迅速に逃げることを可能にし、呪われるリスクを減らしています。

expect (あるべき形)

When PK is done, please do not release blunt feet even if there is a change in status after that.
In order to curse, the target needs to move slowly for 60 seconds.

PKが行われたら、以後ステータスが変わっても鈍足を解除しないでください。
呪うためには、対象が60秒間ゆっくり動く必要があります。

Griefer is liar (荒らしは嘘つき)

Griefer often lie to complete their harmful acts or lie to trap good people.
The person who accumulate evildoing will be greater or less, it should be appear on the outside.

荒らしは悪事を遂行するため、あるいは善良な人を陥れるためによく嘘をつきます。
悪行を積み重ねた人は、大なり小なり、それが外面に現れるはずです。

actual (現状)

We can not detect anything.

何も検知することができません。

expect (あるべき形)

When there are more than three cursed points, each time curses accumulate, please make the chat balloon gradually black.
Griefers can play as normal player by taking the choice not to talk. However, lying and deceiving will be effectively suppressed.

呪いポイントが3つ以上あるとき、呪いが積み重なるごとに、チャットの吹き出しが徐々に黒くなるようにしてください。
荒らしは喋らないという選択をすることで普通のプレイヤーとしてプレイ可能です。しかし、嘘をついたり欺くことは効果的に抑制されることになります。

10 Likes

オブザーバーからの呪いは荒らしに効果があると思うのですが、冤罪も増えると思います。(自分の集めた資源を子孫が意にそぐわない使い方をしてたから呪う、荒らしが一般プレイヤーを陥れるために人の多いところにいるプレイヤーを狙って呪う等)
他の新規対策を試してから実装を検討してもよいのではないでしょうか

2 Likes

運営に荒らしプレイヤーを報告できるようにしていただきたいです。
また、サーバーの様子を記録しておいて、報告されたプレイヤーが荒らしであればBANしていただきたいです。

5 Likes