Release 1.13.0 what’s new? / バージョン1.13.0とは?

We will release this update as soon as it passes Apple’s review. This update took longer than expected to finish, in part due to release of new devices and new requirements from Apple, but mostly because we couldn’t stop tweaking and changing our minds back and forth on how the new backgrounds should look.

We are changing the look of the biomes, and there are so many ways to go wrong, and also many different ways to do it right. At the end, we had to pick one approach and stick to it. Hopefully, most of you will like it, even though people generally don’t like changes.

There are of course some other news as well, so here you go:

• All biome backgrounds have been replaced with new, more colourful ones.
  • Avoid spawning new animals in the wrong biome.
  • A bug report button in the settings menu.
  • Family Chronicle posts can now be deleted or flagged.
  • Fixed a bug which sometimes interrupted writing in the family chronicle.
  • Other small fixes & improvements.

ーーー
【日本語】

今回のアップデートまでにはいつもより時間がかかってしまいました。と言うのも、アップルからの新端末と新要素に合わせる必要があったのと、それよりもまず、新しいバイオーム背景の最終決定まで、なかなか心が決まらず修正を繰り返したからでした。

バイオーム背景を変更したことで、なかなかうまく機能しない点もあり、またそれを機能させるための色々な方法もありましたが、ようやくひとつの方向性に決めるに至りました。時に変化を受け入れることは難しいですが、多くの皆さんに気に入っていただければ嬉しいです。

もちろん、その他の更新点もごさいますので、以下をご参照ください:

• バイオーム(気候区分)の背景を新しくもっとカラフルに差し替え
  • 適切でないバイオームに生物が生まれることを回避
  • 設定画面にバグ等の報告ボタンを設置
  • 一家年代記の投稿を削除・報告可能に
  • 一家年代記の入力中に中断してしまうバグを修正
  • その他の修正と改良
10 Likes

I read that as couldnt stop twerking :joy:

5 Likes

APRIL FOOLS???

The black bars will be no more! :grin:

The release is out now. Hope you like it!

2 Likes

Woohoo!

アップデートをありがとうございます。
早速プレイしました。
しかし、新しい背景の色が濃いため、一時間プレイした後、目がとても疲れてしまいました。

砂漠や雪原の色合いは素敵だと思います。
しかし、ジャングルや草原、湿地の色合いは少し濃すぎるのかもしれません。

どうか、再検討してください。
よろしくお願いします。

Thank you for the update.
I played immediately.
However, my eyes were very tired after playing for one hour because of the new background color.

I think that the color of the desert and the snowy field is wonderful.
However, the color of jungle, meadows and wetlands may be a little too dark.

Please reconsider.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We will give it a while and hear from everyone who has opinions before deciding if we should tweak anything further. Your opinion is also valuable in this.

I agree.

1 Like

For me its not out :frowning:

Love the new textures. I have a love-hate relationship with the dark jungle because of the mosquitoes. I do agree the grass and wetlands should be lighter though.

新しい色合いが好きになれません。
背景にカラフルさは求めていないのです。プレイしていると頭が痛くなってきます。
全体的にもっとパステルカラーにしてほしいです。

2 Likes

The green of the wetlands is very similar to the green of the grasslands. They blend together. Thankfully the blue spots help out though I think the grass should be a little lighter

1 Like

You are very correct . I get very confused too.

1 Like

My eyes hurt. The dark background makes it very difficult to discern items. They are very pretty backgrounds, but please make them lighter.

Grasslands and swamps are easily confused
They look like oil paintings
I think it should be concise

草地和沼泽太容易混血
他们看起来很像油画,颜色太浓太多了
我认为应该简洁明了一些
对了,我喜欢雪地的感觉

如果有语法错误请见谅

Thanks for all feedback on the backgrounds, both in this thread and in other places. Please go here to see what will come out of it in the next step: https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/the-new-backgrounds/4438/13