Rework of server picking and language matching, plus private servers

この議題について週末に書き込む人が増えそうだ
来週まで待っていてほしい

ツイッター上でサーバー選択が自動化されることについてアンケートを取りました。結果、回答者の約6割がサーバー選択できないと困ると回答しています。サーバー選択自動化については実装するかどうか慎重に検討していただければと思います。

1 Like

oholヘビーユーザーです
日本語で失礼します

プライベートサーバー賛成派ですので
是非実装していただきたいです

こちらが機能すればリセマラ行為が
少なくなるのではと思っております
わたしは一期一会を楽しみたいので
通常サーバーでプレイしますが
リセマラ行為が減ってくれるのであれば
我が子が死ぬ悲しみや
女児死亡での絶滅が少なくなり
より世代交代しやすくなるのではと期待しています

サーバー選択と言語マッチングの再設定につきましては反対派です

なぜなら遊び方の幅が狭くなります
私の楽しみの1つ
初心者に教えてあげて成長の瞬間を共にすること
その喜びを分かち合うことが
出来なくなってしまう気がするのです

言語マッチングを実装するには
旅行をしている方や
故郷と遠い場所を考慮するのは
難しいのではと思います

異文化交流や
言語を超えた思いやり
愛などが育む前に
芽を摘んでしまうのではないですか?

もちろん私の意見は平和の上で基づいているので
悪質なプレイヤーがいれば一気に崩れてしまいます
その問題を解決するには
呪い より あなたと遊びませんボタン が欲しいです

今現在 呪い は機能しておりません(抜け道が存在します)
さらに善良なプレイヤーは呪いをしにくい傾向にあります

そこで悪質なプレイヤーと遭遇したら
来世で物理的に遠ざける方法が欲しいのです

半径何マス以内には生まれない(同じ村には生まれない)
などのほうが日本内のトラブルや海外ユーザーとのトラブルすべてに役立つと思っております

現実の世界でもそうですが
気の合わない人や危険人物は避けますよね?
来世で同じ場所に生まれないようにして頂きたいです

悪質な方は孤立していきますので
社会の縮図のようなこのゲームには
ぴったりの機能だと思って検討のほどよろしくおねがいします

1 Like

I would not minde paying for privite server.

1 Like

So it’s guranteed that there will be no mixing of languages when servers are auto picked? Will there be any choice of a server from a set? Will existing servers be wiped clean (reset I guess)? Can you set a current lock on which server people can join based upon their chosen language at least?

1 Like

Perhaps building larger towns would be easier if we had a “sleep” option for players. This would mean you would age at the same rate, but hunger would run out less quickly and you could close the app and come back to the game to wake up even without WiFi in the meantime. This is particularly important for the mobile version. This would mean someone would be able to have a break for a short time without dying. Perhaps if WiFi cuts out unexpectedly sleeping could also be an automatic preset, meaning far fewer player WiFi deaths that are particularly common on phones with unsteady WiFi. If the Internet cuts out for a few seconds, you could simply rejoin the game and wake up. There have been quite a few cases for me when I’m the last girl in the village yet wifi cuts out and that’s that.

The situation with a short disconnect should already be solved in update 1.5.0. Have you tried it out lately?

The “sleep” feature is a valid request, but with a downside. It worries me what it would do to the immersion if your family members were prone to take breaks from their lives. There’s a definite risk that it would reduce collaboration and increase self centered play, don’t you think?

1 Like

That’s true, but the alternative is simply for those players to die off. Thanks for listening anyways though. I don’t know about this new version, except that whenever my game crashes due to WiFi I cant come back on even while my player technically is still alive. Makes for an interesting family tree : ).

1 Like

And you are absolutely sure that you are picking the same server again after the disconnect?

1 Like

Just checked it and it won’t let me rejoin because of account conflict.

1 Like

I have way to reproduce this.

(In iOS)

1. Use wi-fi and get born.
  2. Move to settings app and change wi-fi network.
  3. Return to OHOL app.
  4. Relaunch OHOL app, and Get Born.
  5. You receive “Account conflict” error.

Notice, if you terminate OHOL app before change wi-fi network, you can get born to last village.

1 Like

It might be a simple quick solution, I think the main language should determine spawn. If we want to spawn in a family of another language then our main language has to be set to that language. (Basically take away 2nd language option).

The language they choose determines their server list.

Seems easier then geo-tracking and auto selecting for each player. I don’t mind playing with anyone if they’re fluent in English, which they would have to at least purposefully choose English.

1 Like

@Christoffer what do you think about sleep* if we had to build a bed to do it? Like long posts, sheep skin, and boards?

Will you have an option to specify a private local server as can be done in the desktop version please?

I’ve set up a local server for my kids to practice on via their laptops, but it would be much easier if they could connect from their mobile devices as well.

If you play on a server that is placed far away, you will experience lag. This is why language alone is not enough to decide which server is good for you to play on.

1 Like

If geo-tracking is implemented, I will be alone forever in ohol. I will build the most big cities as eve, but I assure you I’ll be alone.

Thanks for this. Steps to reproduce is very valuable when tracking unexpected behaviors. :+1:

1 Like

Ah i had this error to. I havnt played in almost a month but my wifi router would cut out for a moment. i could keep playing but after a while everyone would freeze and the game would eventually crash. If i exited the game and tried to get reborn on any server i would get the account error for a while. I think the time frame was until my character starved to death before i could get reborn.

2 Likes