Server change experiment / サーバー設定についての実験

I would like to hear feedback on an idea I had regarding the game servers.

Background: it seems that more people like to play on the beginner servers, even though there are more experienced players than there are beginners. It would be easier to limit briefer play styles on the non-beginner servers though, but players choose to remain on beginner servers anyway.

Here is an idea:

1. make all servers have the slower hunger rate that the beginner servers have today.
  2. also disable killing on all servers (like we do on beginner servers).
  3. increase the requirement for playing on the advanced servers to 20 hours play time.
  4. disable banishment votes on beginner servers, but keep it on advanced servers (however, a player that was banished to Donkey town on an advanced server, will still be in Donkey town even on beginner servers until the punishment is over)

A player who behaves weird today could be a beginner or a griefer - it is difficult to know. But on an advanced server with a minimum requirement of 20 hours play, there would be no doubt.

I am thinking of running such an experiment for a month or so, but no decision has been made. What do you think (and why)?

ーーーーー

通常サーバーについての以下のアイデアにフィードバックを募集します。

背景:もう長くプレイされていて経験豊富なプレイヤーの方でも、初心者サーバーを好んで選ばれる方が多く見受けられます。荒らし行為を制限するためには、上級者サーバーを選んでいただくのが一番簡単な方法なのですが、それでも初心者サーバーに残られる上級の方は多いようです。

アイデアはこちらです:

1. 全てのサーバーを現在の初心者サーバーと同じ空腹速度に落とす。
  2. そして全てのサーバーを同様に殺人行為禁止にする。
  3. 上級者サーバーで遊ぶための必要プレイ経験を20時間に引き上げる。
  4. 初心者サーバーでは追放投票ができないようにする(しかし、上級者サーバーでドンキータウン送りとなったプレイヤーは、初心者サーバーでも追放時間が終わるまではドンキータウンに生まれることになる)。

不審な動きをするプレイヤーが荒らし行為をする人なのか初心者なのか、最近は見分けることがなかなか難しくなりました。しかし、最低20時間経験が必要な上級者サーバーなら間違うことはありません。

一ヶ月ほど以上のような条件で実験をしてみようと考えているのですが、まだ決定はしていません。これについてどう思われますか?またなぜそう思われますか?どうぞご意見ください。

7 Likes

I agree with ur ideas but not no.4.

I have a town in beginner server and of course there has been some griefers and beginners in my town. But I personally think it is not that hard to distinguish real griefers and just beginners. Beginners usually make mistakes like watering all the carrot seeds or cabbage seeds, making unnecessary iron tools, etc. and when someone teach them that their behavior are not welcome, beginners usually accept that and apologize.
But real griefers, who steel keys, make unmovable items, kill all the animals on purpose, never apologize to ppl. They don’t admit what they did or badmouth toward ppl.
(Maybe it would be different among servers)

In addition, I usually play in korean beginner server because korean non-beginner server has slow responds.(Originally I wanted to play on advanced server but i gave up because of its speed)
So I hope the vanishment vote system can be used on beginner servers continuously🥺

6 Likes

I agree with 1-3 but strongly disagree with 4.

Players will flock to whatever server has the most number of players in it. I’ve seen US players join japanese servers when they are new to the game. When i ask them why they even play on this server, the response is always “because it has the most people”. People just want a game with more players so it is less boring. So even with your proposed changes, it’s possible people will still remain in beginner servers.

That brings me to the next point. Griefers dont care if they grief experienced or new players. They just want to make the game insufferable for others. That’s it. That’s all they want. So if you disable banishing on beginner servers, griefers will FLOCK there and have an absolute field day because they can ruin someone’s day, AND wouldnt face any consequences. Imagine if a brand new player joins the beginner server and sees this. They will never play again.

Also, griefers have MANY methods of griefing. @Dayoung already listed many of these. They will have so much fun tormenting beginner players with those methods and beginners wont know how to deal with it.

It seems that your rationale for these changes is to protect beginners from getting banished wrongfully (correct me if i am wrong). If that is the case, my suggestion would be this: require even more votes for first time offenders to be banished to donkey town. Or reduce their time in donkey town for their first 3 banishments. Something along those lines. Dont disable banishing completely.

As @Dayoung already said, it’s not difficult at all to differentiate between a beginner and a griefer. Beginners wont make steel keys, lock things and hide the key. Beginners wont use up all the iron to make steel cylinders. Beginners simply dont have enough experience in the game to understand how to ruin it for others. So there’s no need to cast such a wide range of protection such that it incidentally protects griefers as well. That would be the end of this game.

Also, this game does not have many players left, and there’s no consistent marketing effort to get new players. My worry is that splitting the playerbase into even more servers would mean fewer players in each server. That would make games more boring.

4 Likes
  1. in which categorie is eu-2? i don’t need slower hunger, but maybe i already have and didn’t realize it. i thought eu-2 is a regular server. not beginners and not advanced.

2. disable killing on eu-2 is okay with me :slight_smile: thats actually the main reason i don’t play with others on eu-2 because every 4th player is a griefer asking for knifes or bow and arrows :wink: but it is kinda like considering killing as griefing, so i don’t know why it’s in game in the first place.

3. i don’t play on the advanced servers so i wont comment on that, but will be interested in seeing how it goes. How long do you play in donkey town as a B8 griefer? i hope 20 hours is enough :wink:

4. could be an interesting change for a month. but also could be griefers hell for noobs. don’t want them to turn away from the game because of griefers. and i hope that dosen’t count for eu-2. i want to ban my griefers.

3 Likes

maybe there could be a noob protection. in the first 10 or 20 hours you cant get banned. altho i dont know if griefers could exploit that by re installing the game.

3 Likes

I agree with1 and 3 but not 2 and 4.

There are some reasons of ppl prefer play on beginner servers:
(1)I’m new
(2)more players for fun (Main reason)
(3)slower hunger rate

The player who choose advanced server most are solo players. They don’t want news or griefers or unknow people mess their town.

Let’s back to these ideas:

2.Killing makes game has more dramatic plots. It’s not a good thing be killed, but that’s an experience of life. It can increase the playability.

4. I am firmly opposed to DISABLE BANISHMENT VOTES ON BEGINNER SERVERS
How can we protect ourself if we are in real trouble? We can’t ban or kill griefers on beginner server? This will not help news, but push news give up this game.
As Dayoung said, it’s not a problem to distinguish real griefers and beginners. Beginners may make mistake, but griefers ruin the town.

5 Likes

1 and 3 are okay for me, but I strongly prefer to keep killing and banishment system on servers. These are the reason why I’d like so:
①Killing
it causes to be griefed, but also is the only way to protect from them depend on a situation. If the play limit on advanced servers increase to 20 hours, we can know that a player who acts weird or like grifer there is exactly malicious one, not new player and we will ban or kill them.

②Banishment system
Since advanced servers require 10 hours play time for playing, many players tend to be on beginner servers even if they aren’t new because of the population. I don’t think it’s a problem if advanced servers have less people than beginner, but I’v seen several times that it causes that malicious players gather and grief there more often than the population in advanced servers used to be high. (For example, hiding or taking away important stuff, wasting nature materials, or killing animals no matter how hard people fix or get them back. And we clearly saw they did those behavior maliciously at that time.) And in this case, banishment is the only way to get them banned so far.

About people who get banned for no reasons:
I also understand that some innocent players have been banned for no reason or misunderstanding. (I was the one who got banned and sent to Donkey town for no reason, too.)
So, how about adding an instruction explaining what banishment button is and how to reduce BP on the top screen of the game instead? I guess it would be good to avoid to ban a person by just interesting. And many people still don’t know how BP will reduce and B number will disappear. So everybody can see how it works and I hope people who is depressed about getting banned would decrease.
it might make your work harder, and it won’t help to avoid to be banned for misunderstanding, I’m sorry. But I remember I was so relieved when I learned B number would disappear while I was disappointed. (I asked you about the problem at that time, and you gave me the answer, thank you! )

2 Likes

What if leave all the servers as they are and create a new PVP server where everything is allowed: killing, grieffing, no banishment, bad mouthing, disable lily flower and no need to burry to respawn, deseable baby’s, etc…all players are allowed to joint. I think the grief problem will be slowed down for the other servers and if you as creator creates small towns with everything needed ( garden, forge, tools, pen… like a head start it will make people either fight for it or work together form alliances when die spawn on home markers kind of like a battle Royale the possibility’s are endless.

4 Likes

This- this is smart it actually makes lesser urges for griefers to kill :skull:

1 Like

I like that idea.

It’s kinda like hunger games.

1 Like

It’s fun to kill criminals!
Banishment doesn’t do any good when you are playing by yourself.

Game is fine as is. What it needs is some ad spend to get more players. I either play on the JP server because it is the most populous or advanced US for the challenge.

3 Likes

Why oh WHY would you disable player killing? What would be the point of even having separate servers then? Please dont do this!!

3 Likes
  1. Hmm, it makes the game easy. I actually go to normal server because of the challenge of normal hunger rate. Of course, it is frustrating to die when you are working and you constantly needs to eat, but it did provide some challenge( survival needs) which is fun.
  2. Disable killing. I have contradicting thoughts about this. I hate being killed (especially killed by mum using bow or near the nursery) but cursing need 5. There is not enough people in the normal server. But, maybe by having your ideas, the normal server will have increase of players. It is a hard question.
  3. Increase or no increase, griefers will be griefers. Oh ya , those in normal server hate to be born in advance city cause there is nothing to do. The more advanced a city , the more griefers and reset marathon.
  4. By disabling cursing, griefers will be free. Town are not easy to be built but can be destroyed easily. Please reconsider this proposal.
    In conclusion, beginner server doesn’t seem to be challenging at all . I would prefer you to ask the Japanese or make a survey in Japanese. It is unfair to them cause they have the most server. Thank you.
4 Likes

日本人の一人として意見を書かせていただきます。
まず「上級者サーバー」という呼び方は好きではありません。
自分が上級者なんておこがましいと思ってしまいます。
日本人は謙遜する人が多いと思います。
そのため普通サーバーと呼びたいです。

出されたアイデアについてですが、「1」は反対です。
空腹速度を落とすと、ある程度発展した村では食べ物が余ってしまい
仕事が減り、暇になり、やりがいがなくなってしまいます。

「2」は部分的に賛成です。
慣れた人が初心者サーバーに行く理由の一つとして、
PK(PKK含む)が嫌いというのがあると思います。
日本人でPKが嫌いという人は多いと思いますし、私もそうです。
ただし荒らしとしてPKをしたい人や、
荒らしが出たらPKして解決したい人もいると思います
初心者サーバー・普通サーバーの中間で、
準初心者サーバー(空腹速度普通・PKなし)を作るのはどうでしょうか。
空腹速度がはやいのが面倒という人は、
そのまま初心者サーバーでやればいいと思います。

「3」は賛成です。「4」は反対です。
初心者サーバーはPKできない分、荒らしへの対処が難しい事があるので
「4」にしたら無法地帯になってしまいそうです。

英語はまったく分からないので、書き込みに間違いがあればすみません。

6 Likes

hmm just realized setting all servers to no-kill makes the peace-lily monument useless.

2 Likes

グリーファーは上級者サーバーには少ないのでプレイヤーを初心者サーバーから上級者サーバーへ誘導したい。しかし皆初心者サーバーに留まってしまう、と言うのが目的と思います。

初心者サーバーに集まるのは「簡単な方がいい」「サーバーに愛着がある」等様々な理由があり、それを変えるのは容易ではありません。

ただ上級者サーバーを選択させる方法はいくつかあります。簡単なアイデア。上級者サーバーが初心者サーバーより魅力的であれば良いのです。
上級者サーバーでしか作れない便利な道具。あるいは魅力的なシステム。上級者でしか倒せないような猛獣。差別化があれば上級者サーバーを選ぶ人が増えるのでは無いでしょうか

Greefer is rare on advanced servers, so I want to guide players from a beginner server to an advanced server. However, I think the purpose is to say that everyone stays on the beginner server.

There are various reasons for gathering on a beginner server, such as “easy is better” and “there is an attachment to the server”, and it is not easy to change that.

However, there are several ways to let you choose an advanced server. A simple idea. It’s good if the advanced server is more attractive than the beginner server.
A convenient tool that can only be made on an advanced server. Or an attractive system. A beast that can only be defeated by advanced players. If there is differentiation, more people will choose advanced servers.

10 Likes

1について、私は必要ないと感じます。
空腹速度の違いはゲームの難易度と思っています。空腹速度遅いで物足りなくなった人は、上級者サーバーで空腹度早いに挑戦出来る環境がある事は良いことだと思います。

2について、今回と違うタイミング、もしくは別の方法はどうですか?
上級者サーバーにグリーファーが現れた場合、現状では村人の数が少なく、ドンキータウンへ飛ばす呪いの数が確保できない時もあります。そうすると、殺人での対処が1番手っ取り早い方法になる事も想定できる為、今の状況で殺人を禁止にする事は良くない気がします。この方法を試すのであれば、上級者サーバーでプレイする人数が増えてから、改めて検討実施されてはいかがでしょうか?
もしくは、既存のアイテム(ナイフと弓矢)での殺人を禁止にして、新しい殺人専用のアイテム(?)はどうですか?殺人行為のみできるアイテムがあったとして、そのアイテムを所持しているプレイヤーを警戒すれば、自らが突然殺害されるケースも減るので、殺害を恐れるプレイヤーが遊びやすくなるのでは無いでしょうか🤔?
(新しいアイテムを作る為の労働が発生します。簡単に言ってすいません🙇‍♀️)

3について、問題ないと思います。

4について、反対です。
初心者サーバーにグリーファーが現れた場合、対抗手段に呪いシステムしかなく、それが出来ないようになってしまう事は、グリーファーを野放しする行為だと思います。

上記の4つとは別に、上級者サーバーの人数が減った原因の一つに、サーバーの表示順位が下がった事も要因の一つではないか、とも思っています🤔

6 Likes

1.反対。住み分けは大事です、空腹速度は十分です。

2、賛成。現状、荒らしを殺人で成敗するより荒らしによる殺人の方が圧倒的に多いです。
その代わりに呪いのシステムをしっかりしてほしいです、グリーファーによる呪い荒らし対策として、他の人の呪い投票の時には呪いポイントの消費0で賛成できるようにしてもらいたいです。
グリーファーが同じ町に二人以上同時に現れることは滅多にありませんので、グリーファー一人では健全なプレーヤーを追放できないでしょう。
これならば家族と協力すればグリーファーの追放が捗ります。

3、賛成。上級者サーバーというぐらいならば20時間では全然足りません。100時間でもいいぐらいです。
後上級者サーバーはリセットマラソン禁止にしてほしいです。10歳以下で死んだら、上級者サーバーに5時間入れないというペナルティはどうでしょう?
どうしてもリセットしたい場合は母親にリセットしたいと申し出て、母親、または家族の誰かが許可すれば10歳以下で死んでもペナルティなしとします。

4、これに関しては私はビギナーサーバーであまり遊ばないので分かりません。

3 Likes

What about creating the opposite of the banishment system? Like if you do well and help others you get a “good” vote. Assume everyone is new unless they have a good rep?

5 Likes

私は2年以上ゲームをプレイしているファンです。いつもありがとうございます。私は上級者に分類されると思いますが、いつも初心者サーバー(jp-begi1)で遊んでいます。以下は私の意見です。

1. 反対です。空腹速度が難易度に繋がるため、簡単な環境の上級者サーバーはおもしろくないと思います。
  2. 反対です。殺人は良くない行為ですが、無価値とは思いません。人生を楽しむゲームとして、殺人行為があるからこそ自分のキャラクターや、家族の命の価値を感じます。また、武器管理や治療等からプレイヤー同士の助け合いやドラマが生まれる経験も多くあります。また、悪質な行為をするプレイヤーに対して、現在の追放投票では解決しないことが頻繁にあります。まずプレイヤーの人数が少ない時に投票人数が足りないことがあります。またプレイヤーが多い村では、複数の悪質なプレイヤーがいる場合があり、追放投票では対処できずにただ壊れていく村を見ているしかないことがあります。そんな時、上級者サーバーであれば、追放投票以外に立ち向かう術が残されていてもいいと思います。
  3. 賛成です。例えば10時間のプレイ時間では、上級者とは言えないと思います。
  4. 賛成できる点もありますが、どちらかと言うと反対です。いつも初心者サーバーで遊んでいる中で感じるのが、初心者が間違って追放されるケースが多いこと、悪質なプレイヤーに誘導されて善良なプレイヤーが追放されてしまうケースが多いことです。上級者であれば、状況判断をしながら追放投票ができますが、初心者にはその判断は難しいと思います。そう考えると、追放投票は必要ないのでは、と思います。しかし、やはり追放投票ができなくなると困ります。現状では悪質なプレイヤーと遭遇した時に追放投票以外の対処方法がないので。

私がなぜ初心者サーバーで遊ぶかと言うと、空腹度や殺人行為があることは何の問題でもなく、ただ単に初心者サーバーで遊ぶプレイヤーの数が多く、遊んでいて楽しいからです。たまに通常サーバーに行きますが、世代が続かないのでつまらなく感じます。

残念ながら、上級者サーバーにしかない魅力的な何かがない限り、私は上級者サーバーで遊ばないと思います。

3 Likes