Stop oven griefing

I think everyone who has played a few lifes had this happen to them at least once: you make a kiln with an extra adobe for charcoal and an oven a few tiles away to make pies and other baked goods. A few minutes later a player comes along, they’re unexperienced or just not the friendliest of persons and they take the extra adobe and pop it on the oven, rendering the thing useless and forcing anyone wanting to smith to make an unnecessary trip into a swamp full of boars.

Ok, maybe it’s not the most destructive thing to do, but it sure as hell is annoying. And I think it would only need a small change to solve the problem once and for all.

Make the two adobes turn into a wet adobbe oven when you use a stone on them. Use another Adobe on that wet oven to make a kiln or wait for 1 or 2 minutes and it turns into a normal oven.
The wet oven could have the same color as the partial adobe wall or wet plates and bowls.

7 Likes

For real. Like if I wanted another kiln I would have MADE one.

2 Likes

Yah it happens a lot. I think it has to do more with the fact that typically the smithy always has two kilns in it so that you can make coal while forging and since 99% of forging areas players ever see wether the player is a pro or a noob have two kilns they might just assume that second oven is just incomplete. The noobs probably dont know you need that spare adobe meanwhile pros probably dont realise theres not a seperate kitchen area or just didnt realise it was the spare for the charcoal. Or they just griefers.

Maybe you need to build the oven further away from the kiln or preemptively make some dough and put it on plates around the oven so players know for sure its a oven.

1 Like