The new backgrounds

Personally I find the new backgrounds hard to see objects on. I really prefer the old ones. These ones are far too dark/saturated.

1 Like

I agree.

I like the new backgrounds. Its also easier for me to see mosquitos in the jungle as long as i stop moving for a second.

I love them too

You mean the new backgrounds or the old ones?

They could put in options to make the screen less saturated. Or bolder lines around the items would work.

New ones

1 Like

I like them, I believe they are going to change the other items to match the new backgrounds hopefully. The other spites look off compared to the detailed background. The green biome looks like the jungle now. And thatโ€™s my only complaints.

I see it as a good first move, we still need to get used to it. Iโ€™m curious about how the Japanese like it.

3 Likes

My only complaints are the snow and desert. Theyโ€™re super weird :grimacing:

I love the way the swamp looks now. Holy cow though they are over saturated. Itโ€™s an eyestrain, thatโ€™s for sure. Agreed that items are much harder to see now, and really kind of makes me wish I hadnโ€™t updated. A setting option to tone it down would be welcome.

couldnt see difference between swamp biome and grassland
swamp biome color is confusing
grassland is too dark and cant see item on it
snowbank in tundra and sanddeposit in desert
IS very weird hard to find it
every biome looks oldish and too dark

The swamp bioms have blue water marks. But the swamp grass is almost the same color as the normal grass. Thats why you cant tell the difreance.
Also because the bioms are still all mixed together its hard to see the borders of the bioms but once the servers are resset (bassicaly the apocalypse) it should be easier to tell them apart.

Itโ€™s been a week with the new backgrounds, and feedback has been accumulating. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
These are our takeaways:

Feedback we will act on:

• The backgrounds are to colorful (saturated). That may look nicer in screenshots, but it is more strain on the eyes to play long ours.
  • Most backgrounds should be a bit lighter and snow should be darker.
  • The contrasts in each background should also be reduced. This will make objects feel more like they โ€œfloatโ€ on top of the ground (not good), but make it easier to see all objects without straining your eyes (good).

Feedback we accept, but choose not to act on:

• One fairly common complaint is that wetlands (swamp) are now harder to tell apart from green grass. We actually think this is good. Most camps are built on a combination of grass and wetland. We want that to look good and natural (not be like the earlier patchwork of green grass tiles with some orange/brown/blue bare ground). We will still make some changes to the look of the wetlands (the water is too bright blue for example), but we will not remove the green/grass component which we judge to be a natural part of wetlands. If your instinctive reaction to this is โ€œThatโ€™s a bad ideaโ€ then please explain why it is important to you to see a strong dividing line between these (in nature) fairly similar biomes. Is it game-play, looks, fear of boars, โ€ฆ? We always listen to feedback.

The result of these changes will be that the game looks a bit more dull, but that it will hopefully play better. Thatโ€™s a trade weโ€™ll have to make.

ใƒผใƒผใƒผใƒผใƒผ

ใ€ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใ€‘

ๆ–ฐใ—ใ„่ƒŒๆ™ฏใซใชใฃใฆใ‹ใ‚‰ไธ€้€ฑ้–“ใŒ็ตŒใกใ€ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒผใƒ‰ใƒใƒƒใ‚ฏใŒ้›†ใพใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸใ€‚็š†ใ•ใ‚“ใฎไฝฟ็”จๆ„Ÿใ‚’ใ‚ทใ‚งใ‚ขใ—ใฆใใ ใ•ใฃใฆใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ—ใŸ๏ผ

ไปฅไธ‹ใŒใใฎ็ตๆžœใงใ™๏ผš

๏ผœๅฏพๅ‡ฆใซ็งปใ™ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒผใƒ‰ใƒใƒƒใ‚ฏ๏ผž

• ่ƒŒๆ™ฏใŒ้ฎฎใ‚„ใ‹้ŽใŽใ‚‹็‚นใ€‚ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆใงใฏ็ถบ้บ—ใซ่ฆ‹ใˆใฆใ‚‚ใ€้•ทๆ™‚้–“ใฎใƒ—ใƒฌใ‚คใซใฏ็›ฎใฎ่ฒ ๆ‹…ใซใชใฃใฆใ—ใพใ†ใ€‚

• ใปใจใ‚“ใฉใฎ่ƒŒๆ™ฏใ‚’ๅฐ‘ใ—่–„ใใ€้›ชใฏๅฐ‘ใ—ๆš—ใใ™ใ‚‹ๅฟ…่ฆใŒใ‚ใ‚‹็‚นใ€‚

• ใใ‚Œใžใ‚Œใฎ่ƒŒๆ™ฏใฎใ‚ณใƒณใƒˆใƒฉใ‚นใƒˆใ‚’ๆธ›ใ‚‰ใ™ๅฟ…่ฆใŒใ‚ใ‚‹็‚นใ€‚ใใฎใ›ใ„ใงใ‚ขใ‚คใƒ†ใƒ ใŒๆตฎใ„ใŸใ‚ˆใ†ใซๆ„Ÿใ˜ใ‚‰ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ€‚

๏ผœ็†่งฃใงใใ‚‹ใŒๅฏพๅ‡ฆใซใฏ็งปใ•ใชใ„ใ“ใจใซใ—ใŸใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒผใƒ‰ใƒใƒƒใ‚ฏ๏ผž

• ๆนฟๅœฐใŒ่‰ๅŽŸใจ่ฆ‹ๅˆ†ใ‘ใŒใคใ‹ใชใ„ใจใ„ใ†ใ”ๆ„่ฆ‹ใ‚’ใ‚ˆใใ„ใŸใ ใใพใ—ใŸใŒใ€ๆˆ‘ใ€…ใฏใใ‚ŒใŒ่‰ฏใ„็‚นใงใ‚ใ‚‹ใจ่€ƒใˆใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚ๅคงไฝ“ใฎๆ‹ ็‚นใŒ่‰ๅŽŸใจๆนฟๅœฐใฎไบคใ‚ใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚ใซๅปบใฆใ‚‰ใ‚Œใพใ™ใ—ใ€ใใ‚Œใ‚’ใ‚‚ใฃใจ่‡ช็„ถใซ่ฆ‹ใ›ใŸใ„ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ—ใŸ๏ผˆไปฅๅ‰ใฎ็ท‘ใจใ‚ชใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธใƒป่Œถใƒป้’ใฎๅœฐ้ขใฎใคใŽใฏใŽใฎๆ„Ÿใ˜ใงใฏใชใ๏ผ‰ใ€‚ใใ‚Œใงใ‚‚ๆนฟๅœฐใซใฏไฟฎๆญฃใ‚’ๅŠ ใˆใพใ™ใŒ๏ผˆๆฐดใฎ้’ใŒๆ˜Žใ‚‹้ŽใŽใ‚‹็‚นใชใฉ๏ผ‰ใ€็ท‘ใฎ่‰ใฎ้ƒจๅˆ†ใฏ้™คใ‹ใšใซใ„ใŸๆ–นใŒ่‡ช็„ถใฎๆนฟๅœฐใ‚‰ใ—ใ„ใจ่€ƒใˆใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚ใ‚‚ใ—ใใ‚Œใซใคใ„ใฆๅๅฐ„็š„ใซใ€Œๆ‚ชใ„ใ‚ขใ‚คใƒ‡ใ‚ขใ ใ€ใจๆ€ใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใชใ‚‰ใ€ใชใœใใฎไบŒใคใฎ๏ผˆ็พๅฎŸใฎ่‡ช็„ถใงใฏ๏ผ‰่ฟ‘ใ„ใƒใ‚คใ‚ชใƒผใƒ ใ‚’ใฏใฃใใ‚ŠใจๅŒบๅˆฅใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒ้‡่ฆใชใฎใ‹ๆ•™ใˆใฆใ„ใŸใ ใ‘ใพใ™ใจๅนธใ„ใงใ™ใ€‚ใ‚ฒใƒผใƒ ใชใ‚‰ใ€่ฆ‹ใŸ็›ฎ็š„ใซใ€ใ‚คใƒŽใ‚ทใ‚ทใŒๆ€–ใ„ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ€ใชใฉใงใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹๏ผŸๆˆ‘ใ€…ใฏใ„ใคใ‚‚ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒผใƒ‰ใƒใƒƒใ‚ฏใ‚’ๅคงๅˆ‡ใซใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚

ใ“ใฎไฟฎๆญฃใซใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€ใ‚ฒใƒผใƒ ใฎๅฐ่ฑกใŒๅฐ‘ใ—ใผใ‚“ใ‚„ใ‚Šใ—ใฆใ—ใพใ†ใจใ‚‚ๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใŒใ€ไฝฟ็”จๆ„Ÿใฏ่‰ฏใใชใ‚‹ใ“ใจใ‚’้ก˜ใฃใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚ใใ‚Œใฏๅฟ…่ฆใชไบคๆ›ๆกไปถใงใ™ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ€‚

8 Likes

i might be wrong but the wetlands (swamps) are colder than green/grass. it was easier to see where to stand as a baby to have perfect temperature. but this is my only concern. i like the changes you are making. thanks

1 Like

Thank you guys for listening!

1 Like

Iโ€™m a big fan of the new wetlands, even a week later, and I feel there is just enough distinction between the two to assuage my fear of boars. Would love to see the grasslands smoother, even after practicing itโ€™s just way too hard to see things on that biome in particular.
I know itโ€™s not part of the backgrounds, but the new character heads are just gorgeous.

ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒผใƒ‰ใƒใƒƒใ‚ฏใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

ใŸใ—ใ‹ใซๆนฟๅœฐใฏ่‡ช็„ถใซใชใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ใ—ใ‹ใ—ใ€ใ‚„ใฏใ‚Š่‰ๅŽŸใจใฎ่ฆ‹ๅˆ†ใ‘ใŒใฏใฃใใ‚Šใคใใ‚ˆใ†ใซใ—ใฆใปใ—ใ„ใงใ™ใ€‚

็†็”ฑใฏ๏ผ’ใคใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚๏ผ‘ใคใฏใ‚คใƒŽใ‚ทใ‚ทใŒๆ€–ใ„ใ‹ใ‚‰ใงใ™ใ€‚ใ‚‚ใ†๏ผ‘ใคใฏๆ‹ ็‚น้ธใณใซๆ™‚้–“ใŒใ‹ใ‹ใ‚‹ใ‹ใ‚‰ใงใ™ใ€‚

่ƒŒๆ™ฏใฎใ‚ขใƒƒใƒ—ใƒ‡ใƒผใƒˆใŒใ‚ใฃใŸๅพŒใ€็งใฏ๏ผ’ๅบฆใ€ใ‚คใƒ–ใจใ—ใฆ็”Ÿใพใ‚Œใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ไปฅๅ‰ใฏ่ƒŒๆ™ฏใฎ่‰ฒใ‚’่ฆ‹ใ‚Œใฐใƒใ‚คใ‚ชใƒผใƒ ใŒใชใซใ‹ใ‚ใ‹ใ‚Šใ‚„ใ™ใใ€็ขบ่ชใฎใŸใ‚ใซ็ซ‹ใกๆญขใพใ‚‹ใ“ใจใฏๅฐ‘ใชใ‹ใฃใŸใฎใงใ™ใŒใ€ใ‚ขใƒƒใƒ—ใƒ‡ใƒผใƒˆๅพŒใฏๆนฟๅœฐใชใฎใ‹่‰ๅŽŸใชใฎใ‹ใ‚ใ‹ใ‚Šใซใใใ€ไฝ•ๅบฆใ‚‚็ซ‹ใกๆญขใพใ‚Š็ขบ่ชใฎใŸใ‚ใซใใฎไป˜่ฟ‘ใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆๅ›žใ‚Šใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

ๆฑ ใ‚„ๆค็‰ฉใ€ๆจน็จฎใงใ‚ใ‹ใ‚‹ใจ่จ€ใˆใฐใ‚ใ‹ใ‚Šใพใ™ใŒใ€ไปฅๅ‰ใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใซใ€Œ่ƒŒๆ™ฏใฎ่‰ฒใ‚’่ฆ‹ใŸใ ใ‘ใงๅˆคๆ–ญใงใใ‚‹ใ€ใจใฏใ‚นใƒ”ใƒผใƒ‰ใŒๅ…จใ้•ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚ใ‚คใƒ–ใจใ—ใฆ็”Ÿใพใ‚Œใฆใ™ใใซๅญไพ›ใŒ็”Ÿใพใ‚Œใ€ใ‚ˆใ‚Šๆ…Ž้‡ใซ่กŒๅ‹•ใ—ใฆใ„ใŸใฎใงใ•ใ‚‰ใซๆ™‚้–“ใŒใ‹ใ‹ใ‚Šใจใฆใ‚‚็–ฒใ‚Œใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

ๆนฟๅœฐใฎ็ท‘ใฏใŸใ—ใ‹ใซ่‡ช็„ถใฎๆนฟๅœฐใซ่ฟ‘ใใ€ใใฎๆ„่ฆ‹ใฏ็†่งฃใงใใพใ™ใŒใ€ใ‚„ใฏใ‚Šๆนฟๅœฐใจ่‰ๅŽŸใฏใ‚‚ใ†ๅฐ‘ใ—้•ใ„ใ‚’ๆŒใŸใ›ใฆใปใ—ใ„ใงใ™ใ€‚

I personally like the new swamp bioms. But if your going to change it maybe an idea would be to add a tiny brown ring around all the water like mud and mix a little into the green grass. Should make it clearer for people which tiles are actually swamp tiles without being to difreant from the grasslands. Never been in a swamp irl begore but ive played around plenty of creaks growing up and you can almost always tell where the water saturated soil was compared to the normal everyday not sink half a foot into muddy grass soil.

ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™๏ผ
ๆ–ฐใ—ใ„่ƒŒๆ™ฏใŒๆฅฝใ—ใฟใงใ™ใ€‚
็งใฏ่‰ๅŽŸใจๆนฟๅœฐใซใคใ„ใฆใ€ไปŠใฎใพใพใงๆง‹ใ„ใพใ›ใ‚“ใ€‚
ใ‚ฒใƒผใƒ ใฏๅฐ‘ใ—้›ฃใ—ใ„ๆ–นใŒๆฅฝใ—ใ„ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

ไปฅไธ‹google็ฟป่จณ ------
Thank you!
I look forward to a new background.
I do not care about the grasslands and wetlands.
I think the game is fun if it is a little difficult.

ๅฎถ็•œๅฐๅฑ‹ๅ†…ใซใƒใ‚คใ‚ชใƒผใƒ ใŒๆททๅœจใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใงใ€ๆ„ๅ›ณใ›ใšใซ็งปๅ‹•ใ—ใชใ„ๅฎถ็•œใ‚„ๅญไพ›ใ‚’็”ฃใพใชใ„ๅฎถ็•œใŒ็™บ็”Ÿใ™ใ‚‹ใ‹ใ‚‰ใงใ™ใ€‚

If you make a farm on multiple biomes, there will be a barn animal what canโ€™t move or canโ€™t breed.

1 Like