The Running Baby Problem

Forgive me, allmighty Christoffer, for i have sinned.

I HAVE BEEN A BABY RUNNER :scream:

However, i came with a solution to this problem. But first, here’s the problem.

One day, i had lots of fun in a village, so much that i decided to BUY the family chronicle and observe my children/family members. But upon closer look, some families tried to have me as a baby back. In fact, one woman was holding every children they had while saying “RedBug? Is that you?”

That made me so sad. So i tried going back to her, since she was emotionally invested in finding me again. I tried, but i always spawned as another baby. So… I ran.

I RAN

I was not proud, but i really wanted to return there. I could not have used a lily flower as i already had a village of my own.

Here is the problem worded differently…

RUNNING BABIES KILL THEMSELVES SO THEY CAN RETURN TO MORE VILLAGE THAN ONLY ONE

AND

BABIES WHO WANTS TO PLAY TOGETHER SUICIDE UNTIL IT FINDS A FAMILY THEY BOTH PLAY IN

Here is a solution to both problems.

1. babies should be either able to respawn to their previous families WITHOUT the use of a lily

OR

Being able to use multiple lily flowers, and being able to choose where they would like to respawn

1. add twins to the game. Some people (including me) at least once wanted to play with someone irl, and tried to be in the same family by suiciding over and over until they were on the same family.

I understand if those mechanics would break the idea of the game, but understand that babies running in the wild ALSO breaks the game, AND leads to frustrations. Do we not play a game to be able to have fun instead of being frustrated by running babies?

In conclusion, i think we should get more freedom over choosing where we spawn, so that less babies feels the need to suicide until they get what they want. The system right now promotes babies suiciding because at the end they are rewarded by what they want. By giving them what they want in the first place, the suicide problem will vanish.

7 Likes

Agree, I think that’s so true! And for the eve, who keep getting runner babies, it would be such a big help as well! If the babies who wanna rebirth to a specific family is filtered out, then maybe the approximate 5 babies an eve gets, would want to stay and help build a city. It’s also more fun, as a child of an eve, to have siblings and stay in a living town. Often that isn’t the case tho, and if you are a boy the lineage often stops with you…if you are a girl, you basically become a second eve, because no one else is left in town :cry:

I forgive you, @TheRedBug :grin:
The rebirth system was intended as a way for people to collaborate on making sure they can meet again. In this case it sounds like that would have helped you with your problem, but you also wanted to keep your “normal home” on the server, correct?
I do want to give players choice, but I also want the game to keep its core spirit. This is sometimes a difficult balance, but maybe there is a possible extension to the rebirth system that will not also go against the spirit of the game. I will think about this.

6 Likes

Maybe this would go against the spirit, I am not sure, but I just want to throw an idea out there:
Maybe at the end of each life, where it says “you died” there could be an option:
“Respawn in previous town?
Yes or No”

6 Likes