Tombstone Re-use

I mean i understand if you absolutly cant find another rock and you absolutly need it but i find it offensive to the creaters of any given town that many people think its okay to just take a tomestone and reuse it.

When involved in building a town and you happen to stumble on it again its nice to see where you and your relatives were burried next to each other.

Just an opinion. What do you think?

2 Likes

I get your point… i hate it when ppl erase notes; i had a place where i kept every note and ppl oftwn were rly happy when they came back and they found their old note… and then someone erased all of them… about 40 or so…

But i’m very guilty of that with the rocks bc i hate mega graveyards :xxx. maybe leave a note saying “pls don’t take my tombstone away” and ask whoever digs ur grave to mark it with that?

Sry of i ever took yours away.

1 Like

I leave rocks with notes and that have been carved, but if you are in a long term town you really have to take down the stones or the graves just take over

2 Likes

Im not entirely sure how to make a note. Hmmm

Paper+Charcoal Pencil

Paper is a longer process, where u have to make wood shavings by using flint on those small sticks u use for clothes or the smithing hammer for example (sharp stone on steaight branch twice). Youll get chopstcisk to but can turn them into shavings by using flint again too. Put them into a bowl of water, use stone on the cooked shavings, put the stuff on a flat rock, use stone on it again, then flat rock on top. If u take it away again u have paper.

Pencil=knife on piece of charcoal.

If u hold pencil and drag it to paper ull hold both. Whatever u say while holding ut will ne written down.

1 Like

I hate grave diggers in general. all that effort for the dead while to living people die in the process.

at least there is some value in burials but I got some concerns.
you should bury people who ask for it and maybe old people who died at higher age.
you should just dump out bones of griefers, kids that died early and such. no reason for those to return.
you can and should dig out old graves, I don’t think there is reason for multiple graves for same ID player.
you should keep spacing. Graves space Graves space graves
GSGSG
GSGSG
then you can visit graves and reach them, those blocks of graves won’t allow to reach middle of it
a space can also help with efficiency. like you dig one grave, use the dirt to make bricks, then when they dump bones in it, they fill it with the dirt taken from a new grave spot. if you dump dirt on floor, is slower and breaks shovel more.
don’t use shovel for it. I guess it’s faster but people ignoring iron all their life then waste shovels on graves is super irritating. use a skewer or a hoe, it might be slower but then again people need to live having some iron for tools. definitely don’t use shovel before having a well or sheep pen. I would say even digging soil pits and reed for adobe is more valuable than graves. shovel is not directly needed by higher tech other than fences which is a requirement for the horse, so technically you could use ponds for water to save an iron for making an iron mine, then you got excess iron for shovel. if you don’t know this, it doesn’t mean you are innocent, you will piss off your veterans and they leave town, and then you play in a pisspit graveyard alone.

4 Likes

Yes omg finally someone with some common sense. I literally have to hide the shovel while making the pen bc people can’t seem to understand that tree stumps and graves literally are not the top priority. I also hate players that make iron hoes when we have like 3 peices of iron. As for graves pls take some off and let the ground respawn, y’all make these big ssa graveyards that everyone has to walk around. “Respect the dead” no one is dead. They probably partying at a new town rn, it’s not that deep.

4 Likes

I definitely only bury people who ask, and if they seem new I check that they actually have a lily somewhere. You will find some people dedicate their lives to bury suicidal bb bones and it’s a nice thought but also such a waste on energy and recourses : (

3 Likes

Graves are controversial. I say that you can dig up graves that don’t have notes or markings for reuse and to save space in town. It’s important to bury because it allows for rebirth and I know I’d rather continue a project at my favorite town than be born to a town with annoying people. Also, grave digging is easy so new players tend to do that. Get them away from graves. They will waste resources, teach them to farm or cook instead.

I agree. Once you are buried, after all, the grave does not still need to be there for you to be reborn nearby, right? So I am all for clearing out all but a few, like 4-5 to marking where to bury, and having a bit of a graveyard is nice. But these enormous ones I have seen just feel wasteful.

My biggest headache right now is all my own old graves! I guess I play too much, but constantly re-burning myself each time is using too many stones. Is there a way to actually get the stones back earlier, or do I just have to wait the week or whatever for the grave to collapse?

You get the stone back by hitting it with shovel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!!

Only your last one counts and I guess it does not need to be on it constantly.
They need to place the flat rock to activate your reborn. I know cause someone blocked himself and died before doing that.
After a while stones fall and graves decay. You still got like 10-20 minutes to put back but I don’t think it’s necessary.
You can dig out all but the last of same players. You can bury top to bottom in 2 columns of 2 and one spacing then dig older ones out.

You can use graves creatively. Make them in a jungle and block mosquitoes with it as a wall. You can use it as a temporary sheep pen, gen 3 usually has enough for a 33 pen if placed in circle then you can get sheep and surround with fences or do an L shape from graves, L shape from fences even 22 then get sheep and extend afterwards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.