上級者向けサーバーの導入の提案

最近はユーザー毎のレベルの差が大きくなってきており、初心者プレーヤーと上級者プレーヤーとの間での軋轢が生じやすくなっているように感じます。
これを是正するため総プレイ時間が一定時間以上ないとログインできない上級者向けサーバーを作ることを提案します。

棲み分けを行うことで上級者だけでなく初心者にもメリットがあります。
例えば初心者サーバーではPKを無効にしたりライフの減少を抑えたり、資源を多く設定することで様々な道具を作りやすくして良い練習場になります。

イベントサーバーに関しても、「全員が特定の目的に向かって効率よく作業をこなさなければならない」という性質上、上記の上級者サーバーと同じようなログイン制限を設ける方が良いと思います。

以上提案でした。英語のわかる方、翻訳して開発の方に伝えていただけますと幸いです。

4 Likes

(Google Translate)

Proposal for introduction of advanced server

Recently, the level difference of each user is getting bigger, I feel that conflict between beginner player and advanced player is more likely to occur.
In order to rectify this we propose to create a server for advanced users who can not log in unless the total play time is over a certain period of time.

By dividing in and out, not only advanced users but also beginners can benefit.
For example, in a novice server, it becomes a good practice area by making PK invalid, suppressing the decrease of life, setting more resources, making it easy to make various tools.

As for the event server, I think that it is better to set login restrictions similar to those of the above-mentioned advanced server due to the nature that “everyone needs to work efficiently for a specific purpose”.

That was a suggestion. It would be greatly appreciated if you understand English, please translate it and tell it to the developer.

4 Likes

This is exactly what’s needed. Thinking back to when I was still new. I found that isolating myself from experienced players made learning easier. For one you don’t have to worry about being in someones way at the forge, oven, farm, etc. and two you can focus on a specific task with out people ■■■■■■■■ that you ■■■■■■ something up. For the advanced server, the benefits are self-explanatory. I am also curious to know if donky town is coming to mobile. Seeing as the cursing system doesn’t seem to work. Trust me I have watched entire civilizations try just for me to say “that don’t work here”. Being a griefer myself I neglected to say anything about it till now for obvious reasons. But I do need to prepare and plan for the future.

2 Likes

Three separate thoughts:

1. There is something to be said for having a server with “training wheels” on. Slower hunger and no PK would probably be the most important differences. So, rather than making a dedicated server for experienced players, there would be a dedicated server for learning the game at a more easy pace.

2. Some people have asked for an extended tutorial mode, where you play alone and can try everything out at your own pace, without being a nuisance to anyone else. This is also a possible option.

3. A third idea is to create a single player challenge map (similar to the optional tutorial escape challenge). Only after you can complete this challenge are you allowed to play normal games on the “experienced players” server. My personal opinion is that this would be a better way to assess a player’s skills than measuring play time.

Please respond with your feedback on these three ideas.

Yes it will come to mobile. We intended to implement the cursing system as a banishment sentence all along, since we thought that the previous PC implementation was not useful enough. Now that Jason has embraced that idea, you can expect the cursing system to come to mobile pretty soon.

6 Likes

Training wheels server… upvote.

Extended tutorial, great idea, also upvote.

The third… mmm, maybe. I think it depends on how “advanced” one has to be to, for lack of a better word, graduate. I’ve logged a LOT of hours. I still don’t know how to smith mainly because I’m doing even runs or second gen baby runs and the civs I’ve lived in have never gotten that advanced. On the few times I’ve spawned into a big city as an Eve by myself, I’m dropping too many babies too fast to get a chance to play with the tools to learn.

The basics, don’t run around like a baby headless chicken starving your struggling Eve mother and yourself, stack foods for yum bonus, build kiln, dish ware, farm, make pie, trap, conserve in your environment… yes. Those should all be must do’s to play with ‘advanced’ players.

I learned a lot from watching vids of people playing. A ton more from the main desktop forum (including just generally enjoying the convo’s and especially enjoying griefer tears regarding donkey town). BUT… my best learning experiences have been in game, where people teach me something new.

1 Like

1.server with “training wheels”
とても良い

2.extended tutorial mode
あまり良くない
1人だけでは学べることに限界がある

3.“experienced players” server
とても良い
しかし、“experienced players”の定義が難しい。
飽くまでも私の意見だが、“experienced players”は全く道具の無い状態から羊パイを作ることができる程度のスキルは必要だと思う。
ただし一世代では羊パイを作るのはは困難だと思うので、複数のキャンペーンに分けた方が良いと思う。

(google translate)

1.server with “training wheels”
very good

2.extended tutorial mode
It’s not very good
There is a limit to what you can learn by just one person.

1. “experienced players” server
    very good
    However, it is difficult to define “experienced players”.
    My opinion is that “experienced players” need skills to the extent that mutton pie can be made from a state without tools at all.
    However, I think that it is difficult to make mutton pie in one generation, so I think that it is better to divide it into multiple campaigns.
1 Like

I think 1 and 2 could be amalgamated. Essentially use the tutorial you already have and then add an extended/infinite lifespan and slow food consumption. After you escape you have heaps of resources from the tutorial areas above and below as well as the rest of the map around you to do as you please - trying out the different tech trees (maybe add a pond, wild carrots and dirt to just outside each escape area to allow for farming)

I love idea 3 (probably because I’m an experienced player). It would also then put noobs together on the other servers to work out the simple stuff together and that would make them the ‘training wheels’ maps. It would also give the average player something to strive for instead of reliving the same ‘get born, make a kiln, make bowls, make a farm’ repetitive gameplay which happens so often. I imagine that griefers would be less likely to run rampant on the experienced server as well

1 Like

I really love the third idea. A challenge map would be great to test players skills. I have a few ideas but I’m still working on them in my head lol.

1 Like

I agree with you on these ideas even if such a statement means nothing now.

1 Like