Update on the recent lag issue

We seem to have found a way to work around the “super lag” issue. We have just concluded a 3 hour experiment on the US-3 server with plenty of players, and the super lag did not happen once.

So, right now you can play on US-3 to avoid it. We will roll out the change to the other servers during the day.

Thanks for helping us out with reports and for struggling through the problem!
Note that the change is not a complete solution, but more of a work-around. We will pursue a final solution starting tomorrow. Right now we need a bit of rest - it’s been a long work week for Jincheng and me.

Cheers!

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Update: All servers have been updated with the temporary fix now. Let us know if you experience the issue again. As I said, we’ll get to the bottom of it and find a long term solution soon.

We wish you many happy lives!

2 Likes

I have been playing in the jp and sg server 5 hours ago and I still experienced occasional lags. I was alone in the server and experienced 10-60 second lags

1 Like

Thanks for reporting!

We have been able to find the source of the problem. The work-around reduces the use of that code, but what we need to do for a real solution is probably to replace it altogether. The work continues…

3 Likes

currently playing now on the jp server, still experiencing 5-10s lags although very rarely

1 Like

We are rolling out a new change now, where some of the network logic between game servers and head servers has been replaced.

Servers will update as soon as they are empty, so all should be up to date within 60 minutes.

Please continue reporting if the problem returns despite this server update.

2 Likes

Still not resolved completely. It’s an elusive bug this. We continue to hunt it down though. Thanks for your patience and perseverance.

2 Likes