Update preview: Railroad system update / アップデート予告:線路の更新 (2.22.0)

Living in a big advanced town but no way to transport everything around efficiently without using a horse cart?

発展した街で、馬車なしに物資をうまく運び切れない時はありませんか?

We will be adding turning plates and stop flags to the rails. Have carts running through the town able to make turns and stop wherever you want it to, transferring resources to different work stations. This will make cooperation between players at different work stations fast and easy!

This is still work in progress and will take some time to develop, we want to make sure this will be a good update experience for you. Thank you for waiting patiently for our next update :heart:

ーーーーー

次回、線路に転車台と停止旗を追加する予定です。これで街を走るトロッコの進行方向を変更したり、好きなところでストップさせたりして、物資を色々な作業場所に移送することができます。それぞれの地点で作業するプレイヤー同士の連携がもっと早く簡単になります!

こちらはまだ制作途中で完成までにはもうしばしお時間をいただきますが、きっと皆さんに楽しんでいただけるよう頑張って参ります。お待たせしてすみません、いつもありがとうございます :heart:

14 Likes

このアップデートをずっと待ってました😍
ありがとう😭

3 Likes

This sounds good! It would be super good, if the cart capacity is increased😀

4 Likes

Sounds great ,hopping that you will increase the speed of the rail car at the same time . It’s efficiency is so low for using now .
By the way , I think the manufacturing costs of the track is too high ,maybe we can change the creation method of the track .

5 Likes

Here is a video of the rail turner in work !

6 Likes

I tried, but it doesn’t work. 1 second is the smallest time allowed for a time action, and the carts have to move one tile at a time, so that must take 1 second. :pensive:

For now, my answer is: “Dig more mines”, but let’s see how it turns out now that tracks become more useful. It’s a possibility for the future.

7 Likes

All right , thank you for your hard work and your answer . Hopping we will see the new track soon :beers::beers::beers: .

3 Likes

Is it possible to connect tracks? I think that the transportation volume will increase even if the speed remains the same. I would be delighted if people could get on.

8 Likes

Update 2.22.0 is ready. After it’s approved, you will be able to build railroads like these and larger :grin:. While it may look simple, this update required more than 60 new objects and more than 200 new transitions to work. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Oh yay, a new update

1 Like

It’s not possible to connect carts like a train, but you can still transport a lot of carts at once .

4 Likes

@EmberWolf
I’m so excited at this new rail road😍 Also I’d like to ask if it is possible to get people on a track, too… I’ve longed to be able to do that if we could…

2 Likes

@Half_Wing Unfortunately people in carts is very hard, took forever to make the new rail system work. But I’m sure you’ll like this update it’s very good. :blush:

2 Likes

What’s the function of the flag ?

1 Like

oh that’s unfortunate, but I got it. I’ll think of how I can use this new up date! Thank you for all of your hard work😊

3 Likes

3 Likes

Red flag stops the cart , once you remove it the cart will keep going.

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts ! we really need this function to stop the train . By the way , you can push out different colors of the flags and make them can be put on not only tracks but also everywhere . Our home will be more interesting with these colorful flags .

4 Likes

I still dont know anything about coding after all this time lmao but i get the feeling that if you treat the mine cart entity like an animal but the only landing zone the minecart could move to is tiles with tracks you might be able to get it to move five tiles in a given direction.

But that might come with other problems like the cart jumping tracks or traveling backwards along the tracks now that i think about it lol.

4 Likes