Using the backpack

Recently I have been using the backpack more and more. It took me quite a while to figure out how to consistently put things into and out of it.

It seems to work by holding something and single tapping anywhere on the character - which will place something in there. Having nothing in your hands and single tapping your character will pull something out.

I understand dragging to the backpack like in pc would be insanely frustrating on mobile devices - but I’m wondering if a double tap would work better.

Essentially with the single tap I am constantly pulling things out and putting things in there I don’t mean to.

Also - it would be good to have these controls mentioned in the mobile control guide on this forum as those controls are different to anything else in the game

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I have updated the guide with backpack and clothes:
https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/touch-gestures-in-ohol-for-mobile/32/3

1 Like

Double tap is unfortunately very unpredictable on touch screens. On many screens it could register as separate taps (sometimes with different coordinates too) or even a drag gesture, and it would become difficult to perform the operation on those devices. That’s why we don’t want to use double tap as a control.

3 Likes