Waiting to be born bug

We’ve found the reason that some people get stuck here for a minute or more. A fix will come in the next update, but in the meantime, there is a work-around:

• Open the settings in the app by clicking the gears button in the upper left. Close it again by pressing Ok or Cancel.

• Press the Get Born button.

After that, you should be fine. Thank you all for your patience while we have been struggling with this irritating bug.

2 Likes

Still isn’t working for me.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, Selena! Seems there may be a second way to encounter a bug with the same behavior.
We are aiming to push out a new build later today, where this work-around will no longer be needed. Given that you have already tried it, I can’t say if it will solve the problem for you. We will not rest until we have solved it for everyone though.

One last question: Are you on wifi or cellular connection? Some wifi networks (companies, schools) configure their firewalls to stop traffic through certain ports. If you are on wifi, there is a possibility that switching to cellurar would remove the block.

We’ll keep you posted on the progress.

1 Like

Is there any chance the two bugs are separately exclusive to the OS systems… the going to setting fix doesn’t work for me on the newest build either and I have an iPhone, whereas ambrose who found the work around has an Android.

The only work around I found worked for me is using the 1.9.7 build… idk I was just thinking maybe the settings fix may only work for Android.

1 Like

The error is really that there is no connection established between the device and the server, and there are of course several ways to cause that to happen (no internet, selective firewall, programmatic bugs, etc). The server itself is freely accessible from the internet. The work-around takes care of one programmatic bug where an IP address was not properly initialized. That should not depend on iOS or Android. In fact, Selena is on Android, but the work-around did not solve the connection issue for her. You are on iOS and are also having some problems.
Obviously we have to find any other potential sources of this problem and remove them one after another.

1 Like

It’s been a long day in Europe, but now we have finally published an updated and improved version of the game for you to try out. Hopefully it takes care of the issues and provides us with a way forward.
Check this topic here:
https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/new-build-v0-9-8-build-6-whats-in-it/112/2

1 Like

Please try the 0.9.8(6) and see if that resolves your issue. The 0.9.8 builds have better touch controls than 0.9.7, so I hope it will work for you now.

1 Like

Yeah it’s all working perfectly! Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming the fix.

Where do I go for the update I have android. Flight test isn’t avalible

1 Like

There is a separate thread regarding this issue, however this is the link that was provided for the Android update.

https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4699036296287124706

1 Like