What's cooking in the developers' kitchen? / 開発チームは今何を?

Since when did YAH have a strictly Asian theme?

No, the mosquitoes fear the flame because it can kill them. You need to hunt them down without getting stung.

I did a quick Google search and found this.

All insects have a mortal fear of smoke because it is a harbinger of flames and flames - for an insect - means instant death.

I didn’t actually know this. The more you know! :grin:

Asian characters, Asian food, i hope thats where they going.

We need diversity.

Ok

Haven’t you cooked it yet?
When can I update it?
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::ramen:

Very soon. All the graphics have been done for a while already. The reason it has taken longer than expected is that there was quite some manual work with defining the game logic. We realized that we need better tools to be able to efficiently add to the tech tree. So some time was spent in tool development for our process. The good news is that this will make it faster for us to add more things in subsequent updates.

By the way, cooked rice is also almost done, graphics wise.

8 Likes

Maybe spaghetti bologna could be another meal, you could make spaghetti and you can kill a cow cut the beef in mince then you would put the spaghetti in a bow of water and put it on hot ashes and the mince on a flat rock on hot ashes then you can pick up the mince with a bowl or a plate and put it in with the spagetti, after they are cooked

Adam and Eve event…

1 Like

Yay very excited for future updates, and one bowl of ramen plz xD

Here’s a new sneak peak:

9 Likes

Seeing this, i see your nice art style again. It realy looks other than the textures from OHOL and i like this more. What about changing all the textures of items to new ones? It wil take some time but i am sure that looks beter.

3 Likes

Thanks. This feature is trickier graphics- wise than the previous ones, since the tile has to look different depending on what is in the tiles around it (ground or more water). There was no support for that, so we had to build it. I think it is turning out nicely.

4 Likes

First of all, I just want you to know that I really like your idea to grow rice. However, on the other hand, I feel very uncomfortable with this picture you uploaded.

The drawing style of your recent updates are so clearly different from previous items. Whether you have a purpose on it or not, new items do not match with previous ones at all. They just reduce the unity of the game. They also reduce the will of users whose want to architect harmoniously.

I, of course, like mobile-only items such as rice and onigiri. However, even I think they are very cute, I am rarely accessing to the game after the update. It’s only because these different drawing style items (rice and onigiri) bother me while I play.

To me, it looks like they made an emergency landing on a 2D world drawn and painted with crayons. They never melt into the background at all. They are so different from others. They are so alien.

One of the reasons I purchased this game was its drawing style. Thus, I personally am dissatisfied with your recent moves. Meanwhile, I also know that you want to take a different line from OHOL for any reason.

If you want to change the drawing style of the game, I recommend you to replace all the other items, too. You should not just change new items conspicuously. This kind of updates only ruins the unity of the game. This is a request and a demand as a customer who paid for the game.

4 Likes

Wait is my city gonna be reset and I have to start over?

That’s the best!
YouAreHope has not replaced all characters yet, but it is better to use mobile characters for mobile tweets

So in the upcoming update, you will be able to dig ditches and fill them with water, for rice farming:
次のアップデートにて、溝を掘って水をため、稲作をすることができるようになります:

You could of course also use this as a way to do some landscaping, with canals.
もちろんこの運河を使って庭を作ったりもできます。

There was a concern that people might use this for griefing, so now we are working on adding bridges to the game as well:
この溝を荒らし行為に使う人が現れるかもしれないので、橋を追加するべくただ今作業中です:

This will come in handy if we want to add natural bodies of water to the map, like rivers, lakes and such.
これにより、今後マップに川や湖のような自然の水を追加することが容易になります。

If you feel that water will make it more chilling to run around without clothes, then you might be interested in sewing up the new set of clothes, which will be the warmest ones yet…
もしこの水のエリアのせいで、服無しでは寒くなってしまうと感じられたら、このとっても暖かい新しい服を作ってみてはいかがでしょうか…

Bear-skin clothes!
熊の毛皮の服です!

11 Likes

다음 업데이트 예고, 도랑을 파고 물을 채워서 쌀농사를 할 수 있게되요.
물론 이 도랑을 정원을 꾸미듯 조경에 이용할수도 있어요.
혹시 그리퍼가 이 도랑을 이용해서 사람들을 방해할수도 있어서, 이 도랑 위에 다리를 놓을 수 있게 작업을 하고 있어요.
자연에 있는 강이나 호수와 같은 물가를 지도에 추가할때 도랑을 이용할 수 있을거예요.
옷을 입지 않았을때 물가에서 더 추워질거라 생각한다면, 새로운 풀세트옷을 만들어보세요. 지금까지 옷 중에서 가장 따뜻한 옷이 될거예요.
바로 곰 가죽 옷세트!

4 Likes

Isn’t Bear-skin closures rotten? If it is rotten, how long will it last? It’s so cute.

4 Likes