Why am I receiving this error message in the family page?

When I opened the app to view the family I played in, it showed an error message saying that the Data is not currently available. I have checked other families, and the data on those families load perfectly fine, While this family shows an error message. Why is that?

2 Likes

Update: I have been receiving this error message on more and more of the past family pages I have played in, and on some pages when the family data does show up, I cannot show who a player’s mother was, or how many children a player had. What is causing this? Is the servers shutting down? Is it a problem with my application? What could be causing this to happen?

1 Like

Which server did you play on in this family?
Thanks!

The server I played on was us-beginner2.

I have not been able to replicate your issue. This could either mean that the problem was intermittent and doesn’t occur at the moment, or it could mean that the problem occurs only for you. It’s hard to say which is true.

This symptom occurs when there is a problem for your device to connect with the particular server that you played the life on (each server stores the information of the lives played on it). If you encounter the problem again, could you try to immediately play a game on the same server? It only needs to last for a few seconds, then you can kill and restart the app. In theory, if you are able to play on the server, then you should also be able to view your past life. Vice versa, if you can’t view your past life on the server, then you should also not be able to play on it at that time.
It would be very helpful if you could verify the theory, if and when the issue occurs for you again.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I think that this problem is only occouring for my device, because if the problem was intermittent, I wouldn’t be receiving the problem right now, But I am still receiving this problem. When I played in the server, I was successfully born, And after leaving the Application, I was able to see the whole family, But only for some time. After some time passes, parts of the past family data (Or the whole family) Becomes unviewable. A few of of the past families can still be viewed, A few more other past families, I can only view parts of those past families, And when I try to tap the button to expand the family and show other players, Nothing happens. Sometimes, It only shows myself within the family, Only shows 1, or varying Generation(s) out, or other limited cases. Some of the past families are still viewable, But the majority of them show an error message and won’t show up. I am currently still having this problem.

2 Likes

I have this issue too, but only a bit…I ran back through my plays since October and it only happened twice.

I cannot tell which server it was from, but I can say I only play on a the three US servers and I CAN see other families from past plays on all three of them.

2 Likes

Same here, happens often. Either i get the error message and see nothing, or i only see myself and the tree won’t expand when i tap on it. My suspicion was that it happens when somebody you banned or someone you’ve been banned by is in the family, but it has become so frequent that it’s unlikely (8 out of 10 of my last games).
I play on us-2 from Android 14.

3 Likes

I’ve recently been hit with the same issue, though I’m a private player and haven’t been on the family servers in more than a year. Many old logs are now “not available” too, with no rhyme or reason.

(Android 10, logs would have been from beginner or us-1)

1 Like

No, this has happened to me several times. I’ve been ignoring it since it doesnt stop me from playing.

I’m on REVVL+ 5g or something. Running android OS.

EDIT: I only play us-beginner2.

Ill get the error message, but I’m pretty sure it stops being an issue once I play a game, or maybe if I restart the app.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional data, guys!

2 Likes

It is possible that the problem was caused because of too little available space on the hard drive. We have moved some of the data, which hopefully will help with future family trees.

4 Likes

It worked! I can see the trees that were unavailable now. Thanks for the quick fix :dizzy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.