Update 2.20.0 / アップデートバージョン2.20.0

You are right , Christopher. I just realized a big problem. Remember those days we put soil and water on the brown bushes. The bushes doesn’t become brown, thus people still think they can’t put soil and water.

Yes, one of the new changes is that you don’t have to wait for the bush to turn brown. You can put the soil on immediately when the bush becomes empty.

Apparently, it is not well known yet . The berries provide 2 to 3 energy which is low . Most eves have their villages on greenland and near water area. With berries producing 2 to 3 energies, most eves or early family do have a hard time finding food. Making stew is a good idea. But most village plant berries first before (must find the seed, sometimes they are far away )stew to get stable supply of food before getting full with stew. More advanced village will have pie instead. While, it returns to gathering rabbit and eggs age. But , I do worry some beginners can’t survive . Thanks for the reply. Most of the people don’t really read the forum. Neither they know they can put soil and water on empty bushes. It is a bit sad but they will soon learn I guess.
Thank you.

1 Like

Let’s hope so.
The wild berries are good for new villages, because they replenish themselves with all 7 berries every 10 minutes now (it was only one berry per 10 minutes before). Planting bushes in new village is not a good idea though. Good players will plant carrots first instead and wait with berries. They can also make the new stick bread very early.
It will take some time for people to learn this. Hopefully, players will teach each other :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work

1 Like

This is the proof . After adding the coal, it changes. Weird right ? I am sure many village can’t advance because of this bug.

4 Likes

Omg i just experienced this bug too!!! When i put water and coal in the oil rig, it turned into a well!!! Omfg all the effort to create the oil rig was wasted

2 Likes

1st picture is before. after adding a bucket of water and basket of coal, it turned into the well in the 2nd picture. omg… this is awful. Now the crucial oil rig is gone just like that

edit: it affected the newcomen multipurpose engine too. i feel bad because i think this is someone’s rebirth marker town and now the crucial machines are ruined.

3 Likes

beginning towns are no longer going to thrive, since gooseberries only give +2 food im afraid people are going to be dying of starvation left and right. also, i’ve found not many beginners know how to make food and usually they don’t eat any other foods besides gooseberries. great update tho, other aspects are really cool thank you for your work christoffer <3

2 Likes

i was at half health and it took me a whole gooseberry bush to fill me up, compost and water are going to be so valuable and literally no beginners know how to make compost or refill a newcomen well ):

2 Likes

Is it that all the base stone of the Oddity have been deleted from the private server by this update?
I connected around 15 of them with road, with only 1 completed with gold and horse, others not complete. It looks like all non-complete ones have banished. It’s so sad. All my efforts extending more than a year is now gone.

No off. but I don’t like the sheep update. I’d rather just risk sheep dying and use insurance sheep from the town outskirts for lambs than have to feed sheep to kill them. We are going to have so many sheep skins if I decide to make mutton pie and it will consequently make wool more expensive to harvest when I want both wool and mutton. Before, my “system” was to feed baby sheep, shear for wool, then kill for meat for maximal gain, but now I can’t do that anymore.

Edit: just found out through @RubyAce that you can use shears on a dead sheep for wool.

3 Likes

found some random gold nugget in the dessert :star_struck: i think its a good idea you can get gold without a pickaxe.

and i did put a note on a sign which is nice to have that now :slight_smile:

made some stick bread :yum: good and easy recipe.

and made some gravel roads, i think it blends good with the bioms. :slight_smile: with one freshly made shovel i was able to make 21 tiles of road. i also liked you can walk fast on it and it has a good sound.

2 Likes

Great update! Thanks for your efforts!:pleading_face::pleading_face:
@Maengish Notes on a board finally! Yayyyyyyyy!!!

3 Likes

I agree with this. While killing sheep is the most common griefer act, it is also the EASIEST to remedy. It is easy to just venture out to find another sheep to replace it.

The more permanent acts by griefers are:

• locking boxes and hiding the key (so a removal key can NEVER be crafted)
  • surrounding important machines with immovable objects eg. Partial bell tower base, car without the engine etc.

If the goal of the sheep update was to hinder griefers, attention should be focused on these sort of acts instead. After this update, many towns will have lots of sheep skin with nothing useful to gain from it except having more nice looking but useless rugs.

There will be less sheep fleece, which is more useful in crafting bandages, cloth and torches. Those items actually help other players and enhance gameplay. Recent updates like this one seem to make gameplay more tedious (like the iron vein update)

3 Likes

All the domestic gooseberry bushes in the private server withered :’(
Is this designed so, or unforeseen effect?

2 Likes

@Candylim940802 @Mei_65
Thanks for reporting the bug with the Newcomens!
We have fixed the bug now and are in the process of updating the servers with the fix. By the end of the day, all servers should have been updated.

5 Likes

OMG you took the stick bread in…!!! :heart_eyes::star_struck::two_hearts: omg yeahaaa. And so much more from what we talked and discussed about in beforehand. That’s so nice!

1 Like

I think it’s a good update. Finally all the people just standing around and eating berries will have to work to not starve. Too many settlements relay only on berries for food In my opinion that always was a bad thing… so let’s see what is going to happen with these changes.

1 Like

I love to see this. Fairly early village with raspberries, carrots and gruel in addition to the gooseberries. Before this update, there would have been nothing but gooseberries.

4 Likes