Chinese publisher is now stealing from Don't Starve

Do not you first have anything to say to Mr. Jason?

1 Like

It’s too late.

1 Like

Hello, I was the Japanese version of the player.
I read this and I was very disappointed.
It is embarrassing now that I had been playing the mobile version if I had a free time.
Then we pay homage to Mr. Jason.
Goodbye, mobile version

Reed the full disputed before you make any personal judgment. Thanks

2 Likes

I can also download the app directly from this website too as it appears. I’m hoping any of the new info uncovered has been put into consideration. Idk,it all seems really off to me. https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/the-china-version-app-free-trial/4114?u=shnappers

1 Like

It seems negligent of Dual Decade to allow their publisher to act on their behalf without without any checks or balances, especially with all of these issues being brought to light.

3 Likes

I think they have to go through this publisher in order for it to be available to china. The desicions on the publishers part are definitely questionable though.

1 Like

Well, not this specific publisher necessarily. You would think they would have done some research about the people they chose to do business with. But beyond that, giving them carte blanche seems like a poor choice given the complexity of this situation. It makes me wonder if the publisher was even made aware of the whole truth to begin with.

3 Likes

The Chinese publisher still hasn’t removed it.

Eh, blaming dueldecade for everything the publisher could end up doing is bound to cause confusion though. It’s definitly worthy to make them aware of what’s happening with the publisher. Especially if the publisher isn’t taking the proper efforts to inform them or check stuff with them.

I’m not blaming them, I’m blaming the Chinese publisher. Are you talking about something else?

The Don’t Starve thing has been removed now.

It’s easy to forget that China is 12 hours behind, so they were all asleep when we were discussing this.

1 Like

Clear your history and cache and have another look.

The style looks similar, no?

Don’t Starve

Chinese OHOL website

Something doesn’t seem right. Certain parts of the website are stretched out. See for yourself, and look closely.

It was looking stretched until I cleared cache and history.

As to similarities, it’s close but no cigar in actually replicating Don’t Starve.

It’s still stretched on my side.

Eh, I’ll do some more digging.

Maybe its for chinese players to play the game in their language.

OHOL doesn’t have chinese so maybe they decided to make a chinese version of the game.

What do you think?

1 Like

Yup , I think so too. In China , pokemon go is banned so they made their own version. However , there are still people in China that copy popular games from japan and elsewhere. So , it is hard to differentiate between those two .

你们好,我是一个中国玩家……
正在玩这你们讨论的那个游戏
我想了解你们

Hello, I am a Chinese player…
Playing the game you are discussing
I want to know you guys.
from Google Translate