Eve petition

i just tried to play the style of playing im forced to do with your suggested new eve respawn update. three things i did find out. my first run was as a female character and the second run as male character. here is what i did discover:

its easy to have this many babies but as female character you can‘t never leave the town again. why? because you have to feed every baby or they will come back as your griefer.

the second thing is that it gets pretty lonely as a good player. you will be the last player in the family. today i was playing 40min with nobody else, because they all died and i was a male character and had no kids.

the third thing. even though you can’t do much with 57 years old you have to feed yourself for 3 minutes so you can hold your eve respawn. you eat food for nothing. as eve thats okay but as a old male character it makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

its also a mayor pressure you put on new players who play as a female character. they have to hold all eve respawns of every baby they have, even though they are new to the game and dont know that.

4 Likes

@Maengish You mean that mothers should try to keep their babies alive? That isn’t really new to the game idea. :wink:
In fact, new players already try to do this, it tends to be some of the more experienced players who stop doing this.
I’m still listening to the feedback, but this one I see as an argument for the change, not against it.

2 Likes

I think it’s cool that you tried it out. How many babies did you get in your trial? How many lived beyond their baby years? That would be interesting to know.

Maybe play the game for a cople hours

5 Likes

Dumping babys is part of the game

In extreme situations, not because you don’t like other players or want to go solo.

1 Like

There are lota of situations where i would dump a baby could be that i just want to do somthing more important like getting iron or whatever but i like how ur showing ua how we need to play the game

1 Like

So how would any of this make you change how you choose to play, Ben?

Exactly. The players should have as much control as possible over how many babies they have or choose not to have along with the ability to plan their own civilizations. What is an example of an extreme situation?

1 Like

Ill be playing on japan servers

1 Like

When two other kids would die instead of the one, I’d say. Others may have a different answer though.

1 Like

This chance will not chance the game for how it is now it will be the same.

A hard enough choice to begin with. Why add more weight to the decision?

5 out of 7 got older than 3 years old. two died: one suicide kid and one time i got out of town to get something and it took too long.

of the 5 who survived the first 3 years and lived in town with me just two got older than 17. there was enogh food.

and there you have it. you seem to see only the female character giving birth as the care taker. you call female characters mothers. i didn‘t saw them as the only care taker. in a developped country females have jobs other than motherhood. maybe you should also hire a female developper :wink: your view is getting onesided.

1 Like

Lol. Interesting card for you to play, Heidi

Well, yes you did, in your own words:

An hour ago your argument was just that.

We are actually hiring right now. Are you looking for a job? Send me your resume.

4 Likes

Just developers?

That’s what we need more of right now, yes. Although from the way this thread is developing, I guess it’s possible to argue that we also need a community manager, to replace myself with a more capable person… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Anyway, I’m headed for some much needed sleep now, but I will check in on you guys again tomorrow. Maybe someone will have cracked the problem by then. Cheers everyone :sleeping_bed: :sleeping:

4 Likes