Farming technology updates in the making / 農耕技術アップデート準備中 (2.16.0)

“Who could have known that a watering can requires so much technology to make!?”
「じょうろを作るのってこんなに発展した技術が必要なの!?」

“Phew, I’m so warm after making the can, I feel like watering myself…”
「ふ〜、じょうろ作りで熱くなっちゃった、自分に水やらなきゃ…」

14 Likes

uuuh i like it :slight_smile: great job!

me all day long:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-10 um 17.24.18

3 Likes

I like it but will you add melons in the next update?

1 Like

Civilization has improved! yay!!!

3 Likes

Does this can also safe some water? Or has it still the capacity of 10 bowls of water? Cause it kinda feels like using this can 10 times instead of having a bucket and using a bowl 10 times on it is not really worth the effort and iron :woman_shrugging:t2: When it at the end just requires more resources than saving resources (and/or a significant amount of time when using it) I am not sure it’s wise to make it?! Just my opinion

1 Like

@Katjes
No, this doesn’t add water or make plants require less water. It saves time and effort for the user. That’s the practical use for it. Then there is the aesthetics too, but that’s a softer value.
This is supposed to be a higher tech level item, so it would not make sense to make it in an Eve settlement. But by using the watering can together with the new wheelbarrow (and the 5-carrot basket?), a single player could definitely farm much more land than without them.

1 Like

Why use a bowl to dispense soil, when you could use a wheelbarrow?!
一輪車があるならもうボウルは使わなくてもいいよね!?

13 Likes

Finally, you will be able to convert dead dirt into fertile soil, using a Worm Compost Bin.
2 Dirt + 3 Worms + Cabbage + Corn -> 12 Soil + 10 Worms
Bring a Bucket of Worms with you when you are going fishing in the future!

ミミズを入れるコンポストボックスで邪魔な泥を肥沃な土に変えることができるようになります。
泥2+ミミズ3匹+キャベツ+トウモロコシ=土12+ミミズ10匹
ミミズ入りバケツは魚つりにも便利です!

22 Likes

Everything I have described in this topic thread has now been released in version 2.16.0
(plus some other small things and bug fixes)

Enjoy!

8 Likes

Awesome! I just made the wheelbarrow and the compost bin :smile::+1:t3: Sadly I was too slow to use the smithing hammer on all 4 steel rods. One cooled down on the flat rock and now I can’t pick it up anymore :confused: not with bare hand and not with tongs. Can I pick it up somehow? The book doesn’t say anything about it.

5 Likes

I don’t know. I don’t think christoffer said anything about it yet. I will inform you if the wheelbarrow decayed when I look tomorrow

4 Likes

I already Made watering cans.i Like it. it s easier handling so far.
Two Things i recon
I try in english:
To light the newcomen saw one cant use the torch. But i think you should be able to use torch there. Because its the more advanced Version.
And
It would be nice If one can water compost with watering can.

5 Likes
9 Likes

I really like this new update especially since I can get more worms for fishing! Wheelbarrow and watering can is really convenient too if you already have the smithing machine and tools.

5 Likes

the fishing feels more balanced now with more worms. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

It’s a nice way to make soil, from dirt that’s just laying around… But… The problem is, that people have start to make pits all around, to get dirth for the Worm Compost Bin. All those holes is so bothering, especially if they are around busy areas :expressionless:

Would it be possible to fill the holes with soil? Or another way to fill them up? :thinking:

5 Likes

If you shovel 4 times, the pit remains.
However, if it floats 1-3 times, the pit fills up over time.
Therefore, pour one shovel into pit 4.
Then the pits disappear.
Reuse the remaining stakes or remove them with a sharp stone.

삽으로 4번 파내면 구덩이는 사라지지 않습니다.
하지만 1~3번 삽질하면 시간이 지나면서 조금씩 차오릅니다.
따라서 당신은 새로운 구덩이를 만들고 한 삽씩 4번 구덩이에 부으면 됩니다.
남은 말뚝은 재사용하거나 뾰족돌로 파냅니다.

8 Likes

Thank you very much - gomawayo :grin:
That is a very helpful information :clap::smiley:

1 Like