Is it a custom for American to grief in Japanese server?

Just asking. I am more worried for American beginners who accidentally enter Japanese server since those who claim to be American always grief in Japanese server. Is this a custom? Do you all not scared of being cursed, griefers? Do you like to tarnish Americaโ€™s name ? Or you just grief every server creating enemies both in your country and overseas.
For those peaceful foreign people and Americans , I am sorry for you all if you all get cursed for nothing. As you can see , the reputation is quite bad. So , I hope you donโ€™t blame the Japanese or hate them . Griefing is bad no matter who you are.

4 Likes

yeah seems like there are some griefers using every server to bring suffering to everyone. kinda sad they dont have the skills to play the normal way.

5 Likes

Not just Japan, my American server farms have gotten briefed many times.

2 Likes

๋ฏธ๊ตญ๊ณผ ์ผ๋ณธ์—๋Š” ํฐ ๋ฌธํ™”์  ์ฐจ์ด๊ฐ€ ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋ฏธ๊ตญ์ธ๋“ค์€ ๋Œ€์ฒด๋กœ ํ‰์˜จํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ทธ๊ฒƒ์€ ์ผ๋ณธ๊ณผ๋Š” ๋Œ€์กฐ์ ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ทธ๋“ค์˜ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ๋“ค์€ ๋งค์šฐ ์กฐ์‹ฌ์Šค๋Ÿฝ๊ณ  ๊น”๋”ํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ทธ๋“ค์€ ํ•ญ์ƒ ํŠน์ • ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ด ์Šคํƒ€์ผ๊ณผ ์ž‘์—… ๋ฐฉ์‹์„ ๊ฐ€์ง€๊ณ  ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋ฏธ๊ตญ์ธ๋“ค์ด ๊ทธ๋ฆฌํผ์ธ์ง€ ์ „ํ˜€ ์˜๋ฌธ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์•„๋งˆ๋„ ๊ทธ๋“ค์€ ์ž์‹ ์˜ ์„œ๋ฒ„์—์„œ ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ด ํ•œ ํ›„ ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ดํ•˜๋Š” ๋ฐฉ๋ฒ•์— ๋Œ€ํ•ด ๋‹ค๋ฅธ ์ƒ๊ฐ์„ ๊ฐ€์ง€๊ณ ์žˆ์„ ๊ฒƒ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์‹ค์ œ ๊ทธ๋ฆฌํผ๋Š” ์ผ๋ฐ˜์ ์œผ๋กœ ๊ฒฐ์ฝ” ๊ฒ์„ ๋จน์ง€ ์•Š์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

์˜ˆ, ๋ชจ๋“  ์„œ๋ฒ„์—์„œ ๋‹น์—ฐํžˆ ์Šฌํ””์ด ๋ฐœ์ƒํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

๋•Œ๋•Œ๋กœ ๊ทธ๋“ค์€ ๊ธฐ์ˆ ์„ ๊ฐ€์ง€๊ณ  ์žˆ์ง€๋งŒ ๊ทธ๊ฒƒ์ด ๊ทธ๋“ค์—๊ฒŒ ๋” ์žฌ๋ฏธ์žˆ์„ ๊ฒƒ์ด๋ผ๊ณ  ์ƒ๊ฐํ•˜๊ธฐ ๋•Œ๋ฌธ์— ์–ด์จŒ๋“  ์Šฌํ””์„ ์„ ํƒํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋‚˜์—๊ฒŒ ์Šฌํ””์€ ์‰ฝ๊ฒŒ ํ•  ์ˆ˜์žˆ๋Š” ๋„๊ตฌ๊ฐ€ ๋งŽ๊ธฐ ๋•Œ๋ฌธ์— ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ด ์Šคํƒ€์ผ์ด์ง€๋งŒ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ๋“ค์ด ์„ ํƒํ•˜๊ธฐ๋ฅผ ๋ฐ”๋ผ๋Š” ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ด ์Šคํƒ€์ผ์€ ์•„๋‹™๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋น„ ์œค๋ฆฌ์  ์ธ ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ด ์Šคํƒ€์ผ๋กœ ๋ณด์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ฒŒ๋‹ค๊ฐ€, ๋‹น์‹ ์€ ์–ด์จŒ๋“  ๊ทธ๋“ค์„ ์ž๊ทน ํ•  ๊ฒƒ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ทธ๊ฒƒ์€ ๊ทธ๋“ค์˜ ๋ถ„๋…ธ๋ฅผ ๋ถˆ๋Ÿฌ ์ผ์œผํ‚ค๊ณ  ์Šฌํ””์„ ๋” ๋งŽ์ด ๋งŒ๋“ค ๊ฒƒ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ฒŒ์ž„์„ํ•˜๋Š” "์ •์ƒ์ ์ธ"๋ฐฉ๋ฒ•์ด ์žˆ๋‹ค๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์€ ๋ฌธ์ œ๊ฐ€ ์•„๋‹™๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์‚ฌ๋žŒ๋“ค์ด ์œค๋ฆฌ์ ์ด๋ผ๊ณ  ์ƒ๊ฐํ•˜๋Š” ํ”Œ๋ ˆ์ด ์Šคํƒ€์ผ ๋งŒ ์„ ํƒํ•˜๊ธฐ๋ฅผ ์ง„์ •์œผ๋กœ ๋ฐ”๋ผ๋Š” ๋ฌธ์ œ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์šฐ๋ฆฌ๋Š” ์Šฌํ””์— ์ž ๊ธด ์‚ฌ๋žŒ์—๊ฒŒ ๋ฌด์–ธ๊ฐ€๋ฅผ ์ค˜์•ผํ•ฉ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋ฐฐํ‹€ ๋กœ์–„ ์„œ๋ฒ„์ผ๊นŒ์š”?

I think the difference is Americans have the culture of freedom vs Japanese have the culture of not causing trouble to others.

Griefers arenโ€™t the majority in American players but unfortunately some are, and Iโ€™ve also seen griefers that speak Japanese. Guess it just stands out more when most English speakers that visit Japanese servers are griefers, non griefers are probably too concerned of causing trouble to go to other language servers to explore.

Itโ€™s sad and I hope thereโ€™s no misunderstanding between different language players , but I understand why people will be concerned with people who donโ€™t speak their language. Thatโ€™s why I try to learn some basics in Japanese and Korean to play on those servers.

7 Likes

Agreed! Like you, iโ€™ve also seen japanese griefers that take griefing to a whole new level and have very advanced griefing tactics, but the majority of griefers are non-japanese players. I agree its a cultural difference. In US servers i observe that people play more selfishly - they dont mind taking resources from others and they do things that only benefit themselves. The result is a town that may look pretty but is scarce on basic resources like wood. In japan servers, people always do things for the benefit of others. Iโ€™ve seen players dedicate their lives to gathering wood into huge piles or making lots of rope, all for others to use freely.

I think a lot of the english speaking players dont follow the established systems in the japanese server, and dont bother to learn it. For example taking bowls from the forging area to fill with noodles could translate into a griefing act because you cant empty a bowl with noodles. They remain in the bowl until you complete the whole act of making the noodles which can be quite complicated for a beginner.

Also, from my observations the english speaking griefers are not very experienced (they always try to kill people in a beginner server lol) so they might just be beginners not understanding the impact of their actions? Thereโ€™s also a small minority that spams racist garbage, or demands that everyone speak english - those are the worst people.

For these reasons, japanese players are sometimes wary of english speaking players. But not all the time! They are mostly friendly from what i observe.

Personally iโ€™ve also learnt some basic japanese like you. Its horrible and far from fluent but iโ€™ve never been cursed in a jap server even though i play on it daily. Some tips are to do things that contribute to others instead of yourself, dont hijack other playersโ€™ resources and respect the systems in place.

5 Likes

I actually really like playing on the JP server because it is more cooperative but sometimes I get JP players banishing me just because I donโ€™t speak Japanese. Itโ€™s frustrating and comes off as xenophobic but I get it. Google translate works surprising well in real time for text in game. When there is someone that speaks English it really helps to ease communication.

We arenโ€™t all bad!

2 Likes

Definitely! I dont think its xenophobia - people are suspicious of actions, not language. Most of the time japanese players are very friendly to anyone, regardless of language.

Maybe you did something that may have been perceived griefing, without realising it? from what i observe, people are extra wary, but use their banishments very sparingly. For me, i will usually say โ€œstopโ€ in japanese first, then in english, then take the tool away from them, THEN banish and warn the others if they still dont respond or stop.

Maybe you can do tasks that are helpful to everyone? I think that would make people trust you instantly. Like make bowls/plates, make milkweed, compost etc. Most english speaking players i see tend to not wanna do anything, and just hang around the nursery eating food.

2 Likes

I also like to play on Japanese servers. Because people are friendly and work together unlike on other servers especially the US Beginners oneโ€ฆ Itโ€™s really sad that so many griefers are around!

2 Likes

I donโ€™t like playing on Japanese servers because theyโ€™re all soo self centered they would use their banish token if someone has a Banish point even tho they didnโ€™t do anything really shoes off their cold blooded heads so if u have banish points donโ€™t okay a jp server they will just banish u anyways i play american servers because theyโ€™re self taughted

How is that self-centered? Doesnt that just show they are just being cautious? having a B next to your name would be a huge red flag.

If you are constantly getting banished, surely you are doing something perceived by many people as harmful.

If your wish is to continue doing as you please without facing consequences, I would say you are the self-centered one.

PLEASEE i literally have lots of screenshots of family chronicles saying they toss their b2 children on a bear and a mother who had a b1 that didnโ€™t feed her children because she has b Oh amd and I also had one screenshot of a family not feeding her children and calling it animal instead of a person so do u still think thatโ€™s a humane behaviour or not these B points not only separate and humiliate the one that has banish points but it can also not lead them to not play the game anymore i hope the game hides the Banish points and changes it Iโ€™m currently on b1 yesterday but then i came back to a jp server and had 1 banish points now its just sad how jp people wouldnโ€™t like one kind of their own and wonโ€™t accept them just because they a have a label of โ€˜Bโ€™

a lot of generalization over here! i dont think you can put that many people in one catagorie.

2 Likes

Japanese are probably the least self centered because everything they do is usually for other peopleโ€™s benefit (planting milkweed for other players to use, making backpack and giving them to kids instead of keeping for themselves)They are just trying to be cautious about griefers.

I agree that itโ€™s debatable if a B1 should get a second chance. But calling a group of people self centered isnโ€™t helping this cause, please be careful with the use of wording.

2 Likes

I apologise and deeply sorry for calling japanese people self centered i get my temptations off hands sometimes sorry for my agressiveness,
:heart:

I play JP servers a lot. I use my other phone to use Google translate in real time to see what they are saying.

Some player are definitely xenophobic and get mad when you speak English but not all. Even if you donโ€™t speak the language if you are a productive member of society you are usually fine.

The worst part is when you are being accused of being a griefer (because you speak English) and canโ€™t defend yourself and then they get a mob going telling people to banish you. Itโ€™s only happen to me a couple times.

1 Like

I donโ€™t play on the Japanese server, I stay in English which is already a little difficult for me because itโ€™s not my native language but I already learn Japanese I donโ€™t understand anything so I donโ€™t even play on the server

1 Like