Newest update make the game crash at the start

Hi, i have downloaded the newest update on the Playstore, and when i boot up the game, i see the Ducal Decade logo and then black screen the game crash and the app close itself. I have tried to restart my phone and uninstall & reinstall the game and it change nothing. Am i the only one in this case?

4 Likes

You are not alone! I have the same problem here and tried the same steps!

4 Likes

Same problem here as well… I hope there will be a fix to that soon.

3 Likes

hi.
I also can’t play.

but I able to start the app till the point I try to get born. then the app collapse /closes. when I start again, I see at my family tree that I’m a baby to someone. but still I can’t enter.

3 Likes

Hi all!
Sorry to hear that you have this problem.
Could you all tell us what operating system your phone has? Android 10, iOS 16, etc…?
GooglePlay does not allow publishing updates that target some older versions anymore, so there is a chance that this causes some incompatibility (but I can’t be sure).
Thanks !

5 Likes

I am on Android 11

1 Like

I am on Android 11 aswell

1 Like

Android 12 For me, it won’t allow me to log into any server

2 Likes

android 9 :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

ios 16.1 and the same is happening to me

2 Likes

@Dejete even after you updating the app?

From your description @Named , your problem doesn’t sound like a crash, is that correct?
It sounds more like you have not updated your app to the latest version, which means that you can’t play on the updated servers. Could you verify?
Thanks!

1 Like

People seem to have mixed two different situations in this thread: 1. Crash (means that the app closes down) 2. No crash, but you can’t pick a server to play on (means that you have not upgraded the app to version 2.25.0)
Which one do you experience?

1 Like
  1. Crash, every time right during “waiting to be born” screen.
    Android 13

Did the update, also updated android and un- and reinstalled the game. Problem remains

I think its the same thong that @Sorah described

2 Likes
  1. Crash (means that the app closes down) i’m on Android 11, the app version is on 2.25.0.230 ( newest update). I have empty the cache, un and reinstalled the game, the app still closes itself after the “waiting to be born” screen
3 Likes

1.Crashes right after “Dual Decade” screen shows. Android 11 .I cannot even pick a server.

3 Likes

I had this problem, to “fix” the crashes right after “Dual Decade” screen you have to empty the cache, un- and reinstalling the game, but you will lose all your emotes and families trees. It worked for me, but it’s not worth it to do since the game is now crashing during the “waiting to be born screen” after i selected a server to join

3 Likes

Crash after the dual decade logo. android 9. i sent a report. im not knowlegeable in code but the details said:
crash
exception class name: java.lang.error
source class: libil2cpp
line number: -2

maybe this info is useless to you! then nevermind, im dumb haha :hugs::crazy_face:

4 Likes

No, that information could actually be valuable in tracking down the reason for the problem. Thank you for supplying it!

3 Likes

Btw, even though it’s still not working for me
@Christoffer i just wanted to say TYSM for still taking care of this game and reacting so fast here in the community. It’s good to know that even though y’all have the new game we don’t need to give up on YAH :heart:

4 Likes