Newest update make the game crash at the start

From the reports so far it seems safe to say that the crash problem is only happening on Android (@Dejete had not updated their app). It’s only on a small percentage of devices, but it’s clear that it happens on several different versions of android.
We only added content in this update (no code changes), but we were forced to switch Unity versions in order to publish to GooglePlay, because of changed google requirements. This makes it tricky, because we will not be able to find the cause in our own changes.
We will do our best, but there will be a lot of trial and error involved, possibly including publishing patches with changes that might fix the problem, but are not guaranteed to do so.
I hope you can be patient in the meanwhile, and also help us by testing any new version we push out and reporting if the problem either goes away or changes in any way.
Thanks!

6 Likes

hi, I did all the ways, but I still can’t log in. I play with redmi 9 (android)

3 Likes

Just some very little additional information:
I just realized that my game does not completely crash. Whenever i would be born (right when it should switch from “waiting to be born” screen to actual game) i’m brought back to my home screen, but the app is still running in the background (“three bar” menu), but when i try to reopen it, it just reboots. The last time i could even hear the sound of someone picking an item up - but then again home screen…

5 Likes

We are about to push out a new release for android, trying to solve the crash issues mentioned in this thread.
As I wrote before, we can’t be sure that it’s successful. We have changed things in how the build is made, and the API target version, but since the error doesn’t show on any of the devices we have at our disposal, we can’t verify if the new release fixes the problem.
So please try it out and report back. If it doesn’t work, then we have to find other things to try during next week.

Thank you for your patience!

7 Likes

@Christoffer Thank you so much for trying your best to save Android user from the crash issues , and for your fast reaction here :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Sadly the newest update 2.25.1 have still not fixed the crash issues for me. The enter a tutorial game is the only thing that work . When i try to join a server (even the tutorial servers like learning how to do a fire, ect…) the app close itself on the “waiting to be born” screen and it’s still doing the same thing like @PenelopeVanEvenstein mentioned :

3 Likes

The issue still persists for me as well.Btw thank you for your hard work.

3 Likes

DISCLAIMER 1 : Try setting your device’s main language to English before trying the following; this might be enough to make the game playable.

DISCLAIMER 2: If you do any of the following, only do it on your own risk; i’ve got no idea what effects any of this has on your phone!

@Christoffer (maybe you as the more tech savy person can tell me if following was ok to do, bc i don’t know if anything of it might have been risky or damaging to my phone lol)

@all

Guys, we can fix it on our end:
i basically did what this video said:

Sorry, english isn’t my main language and i don’t know any tech stuff, so following tips might be somewhat inaccurate:

On my android-version the way to enter the “developer options” was different - had to tap the “build-number” in “settings”-“about phone”-“software-information” multiple times to enter.

And not all the options activated in the video were available for me, but i chose what was - think i might have tapped “reset notification importance” once - but since - as i said - i don’t know tech stuff aka what this really did, maybe you should try it without that step and only do it too, when it still doesn’t work after restarting the phone!

Yea, hope y’all be hope again now! Imma be gone for at least the next 45 minutes :wink: GL fam!

2 Likes

Ok i can play now… it only crashes every time i end observer mode?! :smiley:

2 Likes

i did everything as in the video you posted but it’s still doesn’t fixed it

3 Likes

Damn :frowning: i’m sorry

2 Likes

Have u tried the “reset notification importance” thing - it was an extra blue button for me, not something to swtch on or off. I think i did that on top of the video bc some “switches” that i didn’t have from the video had something about “notifications” in the titles…

1 Like

Didn’t worked for me

3 Likes

I have found something interesting: English is not my main language so I have my smartphone set into my native language which’s French :baguette_bread: .And when I try to launch the app with my mobile set in the french :baguette_bread: language, the app will close itself right after the Dual Decade logo. However, If I go to my smartphone’s languages settings and changed it into English (uk or us), the game will start perfectly fine without any crashes. So if you @all have still crashing issues try to change your device into English languages, it have fixed the problem for me😀

3 Likes

OMG!!!That language trik actually fixed it for me. Thank you soo much :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes

:baguette_bread::hugs::baguette_bread:thanks for try out.

with changing my mobile language settings into (UK) English it works for me, too. I’m able to enter the game(tryed different server)

but that also means my whole mobile works in English.

that’s a bother as I have to change the language forth and back, when ever I play. because I’m not use my Mobil in English version(starting with the unusual keyboard​:sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:)
it’s not difficult done, tho.(still takes 10 klicks​:sleepy::laughing:)

to be able to enter(playing) the game - the language need to be the main one. it doesn’t work when I have English as second option.

5 Likes

I can’t enter the game, waiting for the birth and then crashes (I updated the game)

3 Likes

Try to change your mobile device’s main languages into English (UK or USA both work). It seem to fix that issue.

2 Likes

Sounds like a localization issue. What is everyone’s primary language on their device? @YouAreHopeFan @Nowallaesthetic @Chosa666 @Dejete @PenelopeVanEvenstein @Sasha

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I managed to enter the game and it turns out to play😃

3 Likes

@ThoughtJunky my primary language is french :baguette_bread:

2 Likes