Private server

I guess I would be up for a “solo collaborative” server. I just need it to be made more clear what that entails. (Ex. Multiple people online at the same time, all spawning to the same area as an eve and keeping their eve spawn if they live till 60?)

I doubt now that I think of it, if we can get definitive numbers as far as cost goes but joint ownership would be cool. If someones opts out of it in the future if joint ownership were to exist the cost would split amongst other owners.

1 Like

Id definitely prefer being able to spawn in the same exact location every time and let the owner have the ability to reset the spawn whenever they’d like.

Like a co-owner or something?

Maybe server settings and commands for the owner?

Ex: /hungerdrain off
Ex: /give (players first and last name) stone hoe

And even more types of commands.

1 Like

so we are going to have to pay to go on private servers?

I think private servers is an extra option,normal servers always open.

I had an idea, run it as a test run to see how many people like solo or private and depending on how many play on it make it like a week or two weeks trial so players can give feedback on the private servers idea. I hope this helped in some way

I’m circling back to this topic with some updated information.

We think we have come up with a smart solution to the wishes you have been voicing. The problem:

• The server should shut down and backup its data when the owner/co-owners are not playing.
  • A group of co-owners should still should be able to access one particular server at any time and play even if the owner isn’t online.
  • Keep cost affordable.

Here’s our idea:

• We make the price for owning a Private Friend Server significantly lower than what it would cost to run a server constantly.
  • When the owner leaves the game, the server will keep running as long as there is at least one player left who also owns a Private Friend Server. Once there are none, the server will shut down after a few minutes (there should always be enough time to get born again before the server shuts down).
  • Players who own a Private Friend Server are able to start up other player’s servers, which they have gotten invitations to.

@Shannon In your case, you and your friend each purchase a 30 day Private Friend Server and invite each other. Then each of you can start any one of the two servers at any time. You can choose to only play on one of them all the time, or switch between them - it’s up to you. You can also choose to invite other friends to one server or both. Together you will still pay a lower price than what it would cost to have one server run at all times, and you also get the backups whenever none of you are playing.

@JeffToDeff In your case, a number of people in your group each buy a 30 day PFS. As long as at least one of them is playing, everyone in your group can play. As an added bonus, the group will have several worlds/servers to play on if you’d like to.

The prices we are looking to try are USD $5 for 30 day PFS and $3 for 30 day Solo Play Server. If people on average are sharing PF servers with several owners, this should work. If almost all server owners play on their own server with 10 non-paying friends each, we would have to adjust the price though. We think it’s worth a shot.

What do you think?

6 Likes

Could you add 10$ for permanent solo server?

3 Likes

i like it! though getting maybe a year-long subscription would be nice to have…
Edit: like buying a year’s worth in one go so you don’t have to repay every month.

1 Like

Yes! That’s a great idea, ty for working with the community, and for keeping us updated!:smiley:
@Christoffer

i am so happy that you come up with this suggestion. I think this will work if the PFS can have multi ownership, and i do think the USD $5 is fair enough to pay for a private server, really thx for updating the details, can’t wait :blush:

I think it’s a great idea, but too early to do now. Right now we are taking a gamble that these prices will work out for us. We are keeping them low in the hope of getting many people interested. I think we need to evaluate the results before we can sell 12 months in one go.

ahh, fair enough, that makes sense. I really hope it takes, private servers sound great!

$0.99 for 7 days and $2.99 for 30 days? Annual for around $35.99?

is the private server coming out soon? :joy:

3 Likes

Yes they are!
We are waiting for translations which are supposed to be complete on Wednesday evening. Then we can build and submit for review.
We have already started up the production environment servers in preparation for the release (they are the ones which will host your private servers).

Testing continuing in the meanwhile, and if we find any serious issues we will of course have to fix them before releasing, but so far it looks pretty good.

10 Likes

Lol thats actualy a very good idea. I would like to experiment with building difrent stuff without having to collect many materials.

Will the font be changed in the final build?

The release has now been packaged and sent to Apple for review. Now we wait…

7 Likes