Private server

https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/version-2-0-and-private-servers-explained/4930

a questionHow to choose the location of the serverYou know that the player and the server are too far apart and the ping will be very high.Will a low ping server be automatically assigned to the player?

When the server is activated, it will start running in the datacenter that’s geographically closest to the person who activates it. There is one in Tokyo, Japan and one in Newark, USA.

oh okay, no privat server in „frankfurt am main“ for europe?

No, but the latency between Europe and the US east-coast is not high.
If there is a lot of demand, we could add servers in Frankfurt in the future.

I am so glad that I am the first one who get on private server and i purchased a PFS at once.

I test it for one day, and here’s my suggestion:

1. ppl can choose spawn as eve or born as baby before they start the game

cos everyone spawn as owner’s baby is not that good, as this will limit the possibility of the game play. Actually I pay for the server because I would like to have a map with every town connected with roads like what Heidi and I did in EU2, but now everyone spawn as kid, u can’t find a place that is far away from your mum’s town. If ppl pay for their own server, I wish we can have more freedom and more possibilities on it.

2. Laggy when everyone’s on

it’s quite lag when everyone play in the private server, I am the only one who play in my server when I found that I need to spend 6secs to put down a straight branch. I starve and on the private server main screen I saw 102 ppl is on. It was smooth when 50 to 80 is on, I think that mainly because many ppl buy the trial of 7days and make it laggy (the time I found laggy is around 6pm GMT+8)

3. new invitation link each time

the invitation link for one server is always the same. Therefore, ppl who got the link can simply copy and paste it to others or even post it on forum. And you can’t ban anyone who got the link and play in your server, that’s really dangerous if anyone send the link out. Also, if evey player have individual link, and we can see who is playing on the list, that would be perfect.

I enjoy playing in my own server, and I hope it would be better in the future. thx @Christoffer and the devs for the hard work.

6 Likes

ăƒ›ăƒŒăƒ ăƒžăƒŒă‚«ăƒŒă‹ă‚‰ć†ă‚čă‚żăƒŒăƒˆć‡șæ„ă‚‹ă‚ˆă†ă«ăȘるべいいですよね

I have created a dedicated category for feedback and suggestions for private servers. Please continue posting there.
https://forum.onehouronelife.app/c/game-feedback/private-server-feedback

3 Likes