Rebirth, Rekindling, and the Importance of Helping Others / 転生、復興と助け合いの大切さ

@WRY.A Town looks truly awesome. It’s fine if you wish to play solo for the most part. But in the previous system, the only way you can do that is by frequently starving children. So we created the private servers, for people to play solo or in small groups without making the game worse for others.

On public servers, it seems people who like to build great towns fear unknown players more than they hope for help and companionship. I am trying to change the system so that the opposite could become true.

I have yet to understand what it is in my suggested design which you think will “on average” make the game worse. But I did post it so that people could point out flaws. I don’t understand which flaw you are pointing at though? Could you make it more specific through examples or something?

Thanks for getting involved. I appreciate it and I am just trying to get as much value as possible out of your point of view.

1 Like

when you die, if the ground is very crowded, you will lose the body(:skull:).

If you are killed, you can’t go back with a small number of family members.

@Maengish
That’s 1 generation you have created as an Eve, so that’s 1FP. Also, you have raised 1 person to adulthood (age 14), so that would have been an additional FP for that, except it’s the same person in this case.

Or it might be that for balancing reasons, we need to make it 10FP for 1 generation, so we can have rewards that are smaller than the reward for one generation.

2 Likes

This would have to be solved, as one of the “Supporting Feature” I mentioned. Thanks for pointing it out!

I mean something like someone cutting down trees that you planted even if they didn’t mean to grief. Or let your farm die just because there are more than enough food. I’ve started families several times to know that it happens often. They threw away tools and hides crowns. Most of the time people are not griefers, and we just think differently. With players that I know, they would respect my work and this kind of things never happened.

1 Like

@WRY.A
Being able to get reborn in a family where you have played with most players before, should make the situation you mention less likely to happen than it is now though. And when a new player joins, there are more of you who can take the time to explain to the newbie. So it looks like an improvement to me?

転生、復興と助け合いの大切さ

ここで、出生と転生のメカニズムをどう変更して、他者への思いやりある行動をどのように測定(ポイントシステム)するのか、私(クリストファー)の考えをシェアしたいと思います。この目的は:

• リセットマラソンをする人の理由をなくす。
  • 荒らし行為をする人の力を減らす。
  • あなたの村/家族がよく分からない赤子(荒らし)を育ててしまうリスクを減らす。
  • あなたの好きな村/家系に戻るチャンスを与える。
  • 滅んでしまった村/家系が復興できるようにする。
  • 子孫に有益なことができたという達成感を与える。思いやりの多いプレイヤーほど高いスコアを得られる。

このデザインはただいま進行中です。お気軽にフィードバックをください。それでは始めます…

スコア

• あなたの家族にいる子どもが大人になるまで育つことを手助けした分だけポイントを得られます。今のところこれをFP(ファミリーポイント)と言うことにしましょう。FPを得るためには母親である必要はありません。
  • イブとして生まれ新しい家系を作った時、新しい世代ができ、その子どもたちが大人になるたびにFPを得ます。それはその家系が初めて絶えてしまう時まで続きます。
  • FPは転生か復興(以下参照)を選んだ時に消費されますが、それとは別に永久的に総合スコアを記憶し、総合スコアは減りません。

転生

もし前回生まれた家系に再度生まれたければ、FPを使うことでそれが可能になります。そして以下の場合に限ります:

• その家系に子どもを産める女性がいる。
  • 自分がその家族に追放されていない。
  • その家族があなたの転生を積極的に望んでいる。これは亡くなったプレイヤーの骨をきちんとしたお墓に埋めることで示される。もし誰かが荒らしであったり、一緒にプレイして気持ちの良い感じではなかった時は、その骨を埋めないことによって自分の家系に戻れなくすることができる。

リセットマラソンをした場合は絶対に同じ家系に転生することはできません。その家系に戻りたいと願う子孫を持つこと、それが新しい形です。UI的には、家系図から転生ボタンを使って戻ることになります(実際のボタンの日本語名は別のものである可能性があります)。

家系を復興する(イブ転生)

これまでのイブ転生のコンディション(イブで60歳まで行きる必要があることと、子どもを産める女性がサーバーに3人以下でないと発動しないこと)は削除され、荒らしの殺人行為によってイブ転生を阻止されるということがなくなります。実際、我々はこの新しいシステムを転生とは呼ばず「復興」と呼びます。

以下の場合、家系を復興させることができます:

• 全ての家族が死んでしまった、または子どもを産める女性も女の赤子もいなくなった。
  • 自分がその家族に追放されていない。
  • 自分がその家族にお墓に埋めてもらった、または自分がその家系の最後の一人である(もう誰も埋めてくれる人がいない)。

復興とはあなたが子どもを産める若い女性として家系に現れることを意味し、家系図でのあなたの位置は、直前に存在していた世代の次の列になります。イブという形ではありません。同じ名字を引き継ぎますが、残りの名前は自分でつけます。UI的には、家系図から復興ボタンを使って戻ることになります(実際のボタンの日本語名は別のものである可能性があります)。

復興は転生よりも多くのFPを使用するので、滅びてから復興するよりは、家系を長く保つことの方が良いでしょう。参加人数の少ないサーバーでは、復興が24時間以上家系を保つ唯一の方法になるかもしれません。大きな家系よりも小さな家系の方がより少ないFPで復興できるようにします。それによって小さな家系も高い技術の段階まで達し、より良い街を作るチャンスを得られます。

新しい家系に生まれる

以前の家系への転生も復興も望まない場合、通常の生まれるボタンを使います。それにより、まだ一度も生まれたことのない家系に配置されます。ここで私の考えるリセットマラソン抑止のアイデアは、オブザーバーモードにより10秒間あなたの母親になるべきプレイヤーを見せ、そこに生まれるかパスして次の母親を見るかを選ぶというものです。つまり、自分が母親の場合、あなたの子どもはあなたの元に生まれることを選んだということになります。全ての現存する母親をパスした場合にはイブで生まれます。あるいは、生まれることにクールダウンタイムを設けて、生まれるボタンは90秒程度に一度しか押せないようにすれば、リセットマラソンを抑制することに繋がるのではと思います。

サポート機能

このデザインをただ追加して、その他のことを全て同じままにしてしまうと、プレイヤーにとって何かしら難点が生じるかもしれません。例えば:転生を可能にするためにプレイヤーの骨を埋めなければならないので、どこか遠出した自然の中で亡くなってしまった誰かを家族が探し出す術が必要になって来ます(例えばその場所を示す特別なコンパスなど)。そのような方法も追加する予定です。

5 Likes

I am one of the few Eves who have a big family and insist on raising children. I think I have a certain voice. But during this time, I feel exhausted. When you have more things, there was a big fight in my home last week. My children killed all my sheep. They even wanted to kill me with their bows and arrows. They brought my carriage with the key of the door lock to the unknown place. I think even if the mechanism was modified, griefer. Behavior still exists. Eve, who I know have beautiful home, are all very good person. Not having children really gives many players a bad impression, but when they go to other families, they are often willing to help their mothers. Our family had been established long before the appearance of private clothes. Neighbors helped each other and established deep friendship. If you have any suggestions, we would like to try our best to improve, and you are very welcome to join us. It must take a long time for you to think about this mechanism Chris,but on behalf of Eve players who in ep2 and us,I hope you can think about it for us a little more. We really really love our home .:pensive:

Can I reply to a Chinese version?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

今天我想分享一下我关于改变出生和重生机制的想法,并增加一个测量玩家对他人付出的机制(一个点数系统,如果大家愿意)我对此的目标是:

• 消除人们进行马拉松式自杀的原因
  • 减少破坏者对玩家的影响
  • 降低抚养陌生婴儿对城镇/家庭的风险
  • 给玩家回到最喜欢的家庭/城镇的机会
  • 有恢复已经死亡的家庭/城镇的可能
  • 当你做有益于后代的事情时,给你一种成就感。更有帮助的玩家将获得更高的分数。

评分

• 每帮助一个孩子成长到成年(是14岁),您将获得积分,我们称之为FP(家庭积分)。你不是孩子母亲也能得到FP。
  • 如果你作为一个夏娃产生并创建一个新的家庭,每一个后代成年都会给你提供FP,直到家庭所有人死亡。
  • 当你选择rebirth(重新出生)或Rekindle(唤醒过去的家庭)(见下文)时会使用FP,但是我们也会保留一个不会减少的永久分数

重新出生

如果你希望在你以前出生过的家庭中重新出生,你可以使用你的FP,只要:

• 那个家庭里还有一个可以生育的女性。
  • 你没有被家人驱逐。
  • 家人积极的希望你能回到他们身边。这是通过将死去的家庭成员埋在适当的坟墓中来完成的。如果某人捣乱或与他人相处得不愉快,不埋葬那个人,这样他们就不能再回到这个家庭。

马拉松式的自杀永远不能让你在去过的家庭重生。你想以后代的身份回到他们身边只能使用重新出生。
关于用户界面,您可以在相应的家谱界面中使用按钮重新出生。

重新唤醒一个家庭(重生)

夏娃重生的旧条件(在服务器上活到60岁,最多3个生育妇女)将被删除。破坏者再也无法通过杀死你来破坏你重生的能力。事实上,我们不会将此行动称为重生,而是“Rekindling”(我决定擅自翻译成唤醒)。
如果出现以下情况,您将可以重新唤醒一个家庭:

• 这个家庭已经死亡,或者没有生育的妇女或女孩。
  • 你没有被家人驱逐。
  • 你被家人埋葬了,或者你是最后一个死去的家庭成员之一(当时没有人可以埋葬你)。

唤醒家族会使你在家谱中成为一个年轻的可生育女性,而你在家谱中的位置将是你之前最后一代人之后的下一行。当你这样做时,你不会被视为夏娃。您将再次获得相同的姓氏,但可以选择自己的姓名。
用户界面,您可以使用家谱中的按钮重新点燃家庭。

唤醒家庭会消耗更多的FP而不是重生,所以使一个家庭保持可以生育总是好的,而不是消失然后重新唤醒。在人口较少的服务器上,唤醒可能是让家庭保持24小时以上的唯一方式。我们将使唤醒小家庭的FP成本低于大家庭的FP成本,因此小家庭也将有机会在技术树中达到高位并建立美好的城市。

在新家庭中开始生活
如果您不希望重新出生或重新启动以前的一个家庭,您可以使用正常的播放按钮。这会让你进入一个你以前没有出生的家庭。
为避免婴儿自杀,我在这里有一个想法向你展示,出生前可以对母亲进入观察者模式10秒钟,让你选择出生或跳到下一个可生育的母亲。所以作为一个母亲,你知道你的孩子想让你成为母亲。如果你跳过所有可用的母亲,你将成为一个夏娃。
或者,我们可以有一个冷却计时器来生出,让你不能每90秒左右出生一次以上。这也会阻止我认为的自杀式马拉松。

支持功能
如果我们只是实现了这个设计并且其他一切都保持不变,那么对于玩家来说会有一些困难。例如:由于玩家必须被埋葬才有资格重生,因此必须有一个确定的方法让家人找到在荒野中死亡的人的遗体(例如,一个特殊的指南针向你展示道路) 。我们也会添加这样的手段。

@leiyz
Thanks, your efforts are much appreciated!

@974975893 I feel as if we are speaking past each other here. Let me try to paint the picture of your situation as I understand and then you can correct me if I am wrong?

1. You have built a place you like - your home. You do not wish to lose it.

2. The current way to keep coming back to this place is to a) respawn as Eve, by doing a baby suicide marathon until you become Eve; b) live to 60; c) Since there is a risk that someone can kill you, it’s safest if you don’t play with others and that you let children starve; d) you can never take a break from your “home” play, because then you could lose your way to come back.

Correct, or did I misunderstand?

Now I wish to replace the Eve respawn logic. Among other things, I want a solution which

1. doesn’t give any reward for suiciding
  2. gives you a reward for raising children (but doesn’t punish you if you don’t)
  3. doesn’t demand that you survive to 60, so you don’t have to fear children or other players will take away your chance to “respawn”
  4. allows you to play in different families, but still allows you to go back to your home afterwards

It seems everyone would be a winner, including you? Help me understand why you don’t think that would be the case? Thanks.

1 Like

What about times when there are only few players? If it does happen, I’m the one left to clean up the mess cause random players are not as invested as I am like I said. It wouldn’t be fair to let me face that kind of situations. Someone threw away (or lost idk) a key to a wooden box and I couldn’t open it ever since cause it would be troublesome to try out all lock&key combinations. Those players, like me, who dedicate to build large developed towns with high tech should not to deal with all these. We’ve already came up with design to prevent respawning inside our town, lock picking and blocking doors. With the new system we are basically inviting potential chaos into our towns. I’ve met people like Amber, Charlotte, Heidi in eu2, and I would love to raise them as kids but definitely not random players. Can’t take the chance. They can cut down tree in just one second and it take me two generations to plant one.

@WRY.A
How do you solve that today?

What do you mean? Solve what?

This:

What is your current solution to this?

I honestly don’t know. I’d prefer the eve spawn mechanism now unless with the new system I can have control of whether a player can stay in my town even if I raise them up.

Can u keep the exsisting servers and create some new servers for corporation things. The point is, we don’t want to lose our towns which we dedicated so much.

I don’t see how that changes though?

Today: you can choose to starve or raise a child. You can choose to help or kill a grown player.

With the change: you can choose to starve or raise a child. If you raise, you gain an FP. You can choose to help or kill a grown player.

There are many other things that change, but not the thing you seem to worry about? What am I not seeing, that you want me to see here?

i agree@River

If I don’t have a baby, I can not reborn a eve?

1 Like