Rebirth, Rekindling, and the Importance of Helping Others / 転生、復興と助け合いの大切さ

This I can understand, that’s easy.

In order for me to be able to improve the game for all, while not causing you to loose your town, I need to know the following:

1. How do you make sure that you don’t loose your towns today?
  2. How would the changes make it impossible for you to keep the towns?

Scenarios like: “today I avoid A, by doing B, but with that change, I won’t be able to avoid A anymore.”
If you can give me that information, I can see if it’s either: still possible for you to do B after the change, or see to it that you can instead do C to avoid A.
Hope this makes sense?

1 Like

@MY_BBY
If you have enough FPs you can return as Eve. You gain FPs by either: being a successful Eve who starts a nice family, or being an adult in any family which successfully raises at least one child to adulthood.

Once you have gained some FP by helping others this way, you are free to spend them by Rekindling your favorite family - even one who has no other members than yourself.

1 Like

They can ruin my town before I had a chance to kill them, and taking the risks of being killed.

That’s exactly how it is today too, provided you act the same way against them in both scenarios , is it not? (If it isn’t, you need to explain why, please)

1 Like

I have a walled town and do not keep random bbys. My town has been in peace for a long time.

Keep doing this while you play around your town. When you feel like it, try a life in a normal family, and gain some FP. Then go back to your town using the FP and without having to do a suicide marathon. Maybe we can add an option of being infertile, so you don’t even have to starve any kids while you’re in your town…

Would this solve the issue?

6 Likes

I have my own private server (also 10er for fking 68 days)but now i play with River in eu2.
and I don’t think you understand our problem at all. It is safer when two Eve playing together in one place, If she is dead i can still ring the bell for her. our biggest problem is we don’t want to lose our town and in the future I hope everyone can treat it like a home but this is impossible like 100%impossible. There will always be strange children they dont do any work and they arewill eat all your berries or kill all your sheep or curse you with no reason.This new mechanism makes us unable to resist. If we kill a griefer, he will curse me in turn.To be honest, the biggest problem with this game are griefers and not some abandoned children.
I just want to say that whether you spend money on it or not, you always have the right to do what you want on the public server.And now you have completely driven us away, why? Just because we are afraid of griefers and not raising any children?

If u want to change servers, I will give u some suggestion.

• Servers have to reset each week.
  • Every eve should be bron between 100 lattices.
  • Items should be renewing (like irons).
    -The map should be limited.

I think above advices that can prevent solo eve and suicide baby. Also, nobody will build walls or architectures. If items renew evey day, then plays would not worry about griefers and newbies. By the way, you can update a weapon which will only kill other eve’s kids. LOL.

1 Like

Is everyone ok with the suggestion from @MY_BBY?

Would it be better if we changed things that way?

1 Like

So the FP is universal in all servers?

On all public servers at least. Not sure if they would be needed at all on private ones.

Then it sounds more reasonable, except for the burial part. If you die in farm field you would left no bones.

i dont see the gain of a reset every week. what will be reset?

1 Like

hahahah me neither…why should they reset the
Server every week??lol

1 Like

Another thing: with the new system, would the eve spawn spiral be farther away than it is now? There is no point of spawning near a “dead town” cause it might not be dead after all.

I can’t agree with you more

I think the biggest concern is some of the easy ways griefers can destroy the town and the unreasonable solutions players come up with for them. For example a griefer hides a lot of tools in town so a player that means well chops down every tree thinking it will help keep them visible.

Unlike in ohol its a bit more dificult to find tools since they arnt outlined by mousing over them.

I think that one of the main reasons a lot of players choose solo even though they might not realise it is because of how other members of the family reacts to griefers.

They either ignore the griefer or they react in such a way that they end up causing more damage then the griefers themselves had.

While it seems possible to solo at first glance the problem is that babys could rekindle the solo town for example. So i dont think babies should be able to rekindle if they die before a certain age.

As for being reborn into a family i believe that its going to be a good system but heres some sugestions.

1. Being burried gives extra points instead of being a requirement. (An exeption would be if the player only has to be buried once in the family and subsequent lives do not have to be burried. Then it would be fine in my opinion to make it a requirament to rekindle but not be reborn)

2. Each banisment point makes you require more fp to be reborn and to rekindle unless the player was fully banished then they are lineage banned.

3. Banishment should be family lineage specific instead of server wide and perminant. For example lets say i make a Mandrake lineage. Someone gets cursed in generation 1 they dont play for a few days then gets cursed in generation 24 and rekindles the family in genration 30 or something then gets cursed again they should be perminantly lineage banned.
    (There of course should be exeptions such as if the player who cursed the griefer gets lineage baned then all their banishments on other players become invalid)

4. Relates to 3. There should be a teir of banishment after being lineage banished that spans all servers. Perhaps after being lineage banished 3 times players are forced to only spawn as eves or rekindle or be reborn to their own family lines they have created. If they get lineage baned 3 more times then they can only have other banished players born to them. This cycle repeats until eventually they have to spend multiple lives as a lone eve unable to even rekindle until they spend enough time in alone in the wilderness.

1 Like

It seems like what most people want is a easy way of identifying who spawns to them as well as being able to control if they spawn to them again. I suggest forced usernames and limited username availability (no 2 can be the same) would be great if everyone spawns with that as their first name. Then a banned list for who you don’t want birthing to you can be made with those users.

Mind you I would still like an in-game currency of some sort to track progress.

I didn’t suggest this before because I wasn’t certain what direction the game could be allowed to go but if were going to keep jumping through hoops with cursing and the fp system it might be simpler.

6 Likes

I think a major part of this game is naming your children though. If we force usernames then players wouldnt be able to name their children.

Oh it could be that their usernames become their first name if they are not named and would be a middle name if they are named.

3 Likes

I’d be fine with it if the username appeared in the family tree section in parenthesis near the last player you tapped to check out. It dosnt have to appear immediately in game for me I guess if its not possible to get it in there.

3 Likes