Stuff Hitting the Fan - Jason

4 Likes

Well at least they stuck to directly quoting Jason and didnt insert anything that wasnt actually said. But the whole artical feels a little biased considering it didnt include anything from Christopher’s side.

I wish they included that the Chinese misinformation was caused by a outside third party. But it is what it is.

4 Likes

Where’d you find that?

Yes. That was the important part. Maybe the author didn’t know from dual Decades point of view.

1 Like

Since it looks like the author read the entire thread on the forum to create the article, one has to assume he saw plenty or all of Dual Decade’s responses. The important part ISN’T “misinformation” by an outside third party. It is that Dual Decade didn’t take the care to insure there WAS NO “misinformation”.

3 Likes

But by not including that there was indeed an a third party involvment that caused the misunderstanding they are commiting the same mistake.
They didn’t take the care to insure there WAS NO “misinformation”.
As you put it.

1 Like

I guess you’re right. Man is full of error sometimes. The problem is will one’s gave mercy to those error?

1 Like

They made no misrepresentations in the article. Dual Decade release the game with a third party in China. There absolutely ARE misrepresentations made in that release. Since it IS Dual Decade’s baby they were entirely responsible for making certain no misrepresentations were made - by oversight or deliberately.

It is the Chinese version of the game that sparked Rohrer’s letter. While the previous versions of the mobile game made note that they were unofficial adaptations of Rohrer’s original PC game in the app descriptions and in-game splash screens, Rohrer said that a demo released on Chinese store TapTap last week contained no such notice. (The Chinese App Store version of the game as saved by App Annie auto-translates the game’s subtitle as “genuine licensed game.”)

2 Likes

He asked them to make changes. Unofficial is already in the description. Not approved by himself is the addition he wanted. I can make all kinds of assumptions about the “why” Dual Decade wouldn’t make those changes, apart from what they claim, but I won’t because that’s merely speculation.

The issue, as I see it is the misrepresentations made AND copyright and trademark being made IN China. This is going to blow up. Of that I have no doubt.

2 Likes

Yes i read that to. The problem i see is that it doesnt specifically say it was a third party who translated and managed the marketing for the Chinese release.
Also the whole sections wording seems to imply it was Dual Decade who did it deliberately by saying all the past releases made notes of it being unofficial addaptations.

Deliberately or not, they had a responsibility to make absolutely certain misrepresentations were not made. They didn’t.

1 Like

Here is another thing. They had absolutely no responsibilitys in that regard. Yes it would have been the moraly right thing if they had even been aware of the chance that he wouldnt be attributed as the original games designer.
For example lets say your an adoptive parent. Do you have the responsibility to say the child you are currently raising and caring for was adopted?

What? I don’t even know how to qualify that as being related to this.

They absolutely had a responsibility to ensure misrepresentations were not made. It’s got zero to do with morals and everything to do with their agreement with Jason.

1 Like

No. But are you lying if you’re claiming to be the one who gave birth to that child?
And to also, if someone else is the person making those claims, is it not your responsibility to clear up the confusion?

2 Likes

I may have missed any posts related to that agreement.
Also was it a legally binding agreement? Did it involve signatures or even a handshake?
I dont mean to come across as being offensive or like im attacking your views on the matter. But this whole situation has been about “morals” other wise it would not have blown up like it did.
Legally speaking (as far as im aware) Dual Decade has no repsonsibilitys to Jason. Nor to fufill any such requests.
Im looking at this from a pratical position instead of an emotional one.
Emotionally i agree with that Jason should be attributed for all of his work and shouldnt have to worry about being misrepresented in someone elses adaptations of his masterwork.
And i also agree with Dual Decade not wanting to implament the Demands that would damage their reputation. Such as putting un aproved in their title.

Most of Jasons demands seem to be designed to flip the damage either intentionaly or not. Meaning while it would restore part of his reputation it would damage Dual Decades. Instead of trying to find an apropriate middle ground. Which Jason has no responsibilitys to try to either.

1 Like

Dual Decade made no declaration that they designed the game. And they tried to rectify it when made aware of it.

Did you read the entire thread on Jason’s forum? It’s all laid out there. Many email exchanges, agreements made within. Legally speaking, though also not a lawyer but married to one, those email exchanges constitute agreements. Their agreement to fulfil requests constitute a contract of sorts. I’d recommend reading the entire thread, at the very least just those posts by Jason and Christoffer to develop a fuller, deeper understanding of the entire situation.

1 Like

https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/a-developing-situation-with-jason/3957/46?u=ob0wie83

1 Like

Ill reread it when i have the time.
Do emails truely constitute an contract though?
I mean id have to research it but if so most Americans should be rich by now if that was the case. Considering all the spam and such