There NEEDS to be a crash course on greifers

Two of my Eve towns were griefed, and the line was ended, in less than thirty minutes by the same person. The amount of times that towns are griefed and new players don’t understand how to banish them in a timely manner, or even at all, is absurd. People need to be taught that you can hover over an item to see that its state was changed, ex: a pen of butchered sheep, or that you can banish from empty bear caves. The same greifers continue to go around and ending lines over and over again without a red B to their name because the influx of new players don’t even understand the concept of banishment. It’s so frustrating.

6 Likes

Yes! We need more courses in general!
It adds a certain charm to the game that in the beginning you rely on othef players to teach you things, but with very few people online at times, it takes months to gather all the information that is crucial to not accidentally screw up. And not everybody comes to this forum to get info…

2 Likes

I like how the game has crash course on cooking and steel smithing. However, I definitely think that there should be more tutorials on the game mechanics. Whether its about how to pick a good spot to start a town or how to banish the griefers.

So many new players just don’t understand these things well enough. I have seen kilns built so far away from water source that starting a farm would be impossible. I don’t expect new players to be experts in all things, but this should be at least mentioned in the tutorial.

4 Likes

yea, the only reason i knew how to banish is because of the wiki, the need to do somthing about this.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how many children I’ve lost because they dont know how to get a pie from the stack. At some point I just let them die bc they mess up the town anyway. It’s not their fault, they don’t know the etiquette… But coming to the serves with just a couple of basic skills would make a huge difference.

1 Like

For real. To enter the no children server, you need to play for certain amount of time. Can we have that for the other servers? Like, play through all the tutorials to qualify for the open world. At this point i consider eating pie from stacks advanced knowledge because some legit can’ t figure out how to eat when holding a berry lol.

3 Likes

Y’all do realize that we play in the beginner servers, right??? so we can’t even blame them if they’re new lol This is why I wanna build a town in the regular US server because then you know for a fact, the players that are joining aren’t beginners and you can use better judgment when banishing them.

2 Likes

Yea you’re right, I thought about that too. But I think it’s fair to expect people to finish a tutorial before they begin, especially in a co-op game. I have no problem with new players, I always like to welcome them to the game and help them learn new stuff if they want. It just becomes really hard to manage surviving into the next generation when your kids keep dying without you feeding them. When you can tell they haven’t played the tutorials yet, it’s fair to assume they’re not that interested in figuring it out. Like I said tho, the tutorials could be better too. Having a mandatory playthrough to learn stuff from cooking, eating and feeding to banning can make their first interactions on the server with other people a lot easier.

2 Likes

Yea you’re right! And another thing is they don’t wanna learn because I’ve offered multiple times to teach and they always say no then mess up the village…

So better tutorials would be helpful.

2 Likes

Yeah, the tutorials are actually pretty hard for a beginner. I played the game for a couple hours before I tried the fire tutorial, and for a couple months before I did the smithing one. And that one took me a couple hours to figure out.

I also think there’s a new generation of players who just can’t be assed to try. I’ve had people just popped in and out of afk bc they feel like being distracted while playing. Like, play or don’t. I’ve started banishing certain afk players.

And don’t even get me started on the sudden influx of potato babies.

2 Likes

Omg maybe it’s really a generational thing lol, i’ve seen it more often too. They zone in and zone out, even in the middle of talking or doing tasks. One moment they’re there and responsive, and next thing they are in limbo, holding the most crucial piece of equipment. They will not ask you to be fed or thank you for it because they literally don’t care to reach the next generation. Any criticism is met with “lol it’s just a game”, but if you’re here to half-■■■ everything then what’s the point… As if they’re switching between apps and games every couple of minutes when the attention span is over. But this game doesn’t really work that way :confused:

2 Likes

Om my god, I actually think that’s exactly what’s happening. Honestly, I abandon a town every time someone else puts their like there bc I’m just so fed up. I rarely even ask to be buried anymore. I’m so miffed.

1 Like

If you started playing they I would join you, at this point. I don’t even let babies live 90% of the time, anymore.

1 Like

Honedtly, the way I learned how to banish is seeing the banish button and pressing it to not meet the person again, but I watched a vid about the game and I thought the button and the “banish icon” they had in the vid looked the same. Pieced that together lol. :jigsaw:

1 Like