US 2: Connecting villages

You will almost always find a previous eve/persons grave each time you spawn as an eve near you now, always look for that first. If your unlucky enough to find nothing then just keep an eye out for these:

Capture%218-11-03-16-19-31-1

I have been making a bunch of stone arrows that lead to villages in US 2. Nothing excessivly far yet, at most it’s a minute out from the village. I’m trying to map US 2 so that the work we do won’t be in vain. If we want to advance past iron tools it’s essential that we need to start building when we can consistantly recognize places so that we may safely store tools and food. I can’t map anything yet until I start recognising where I am, and that hasn’t happened yet.

To start off though I’ll show off a few pics of a village and another village I connected with stone arrows.

If you see this arrow to the left,keep heading up. That arrows is to get back to the previous village.

I piled all of the valubles in one spot just to clean things up. This is the start of the other villages arrows.

6 Likes

Nice! I’ve left an arrow here and there from time to time but I like your arrows best! This should be adopted as the arrow “standard”.

2 Likes

I tried mapping, it does not work out. The best we can hope for is to just create roads between all existing villages to try to keep spawns within there.

If we built roads between major villages then these would act like nets for all players passing through. As long as there is a village on either side of the road then we could finally develop some proper cities. Unfortunately finding two villages in one lifetime is really hard. Perhaps we could make colony villages from larger settlements and then aim to connect those up. Arrows are also a good method of town creation too. Perhaps if we planted bushes along the sides then people could sustain themselves while travelling to these settlements.

2 Likes

As difficult as it is, we also need to start prioritizing bells. If we can get a few up. We can start building roads towards the bell (if you’re in a larger town of course, no need for tiny villages) this would be so beneficial. And I’ve seen several started but not in the last 2-3 towns w/ tools to do so.

1 Like

Bells are the key, I agree, yet they are also dangerous. They can cause a town to be overwhelmed with griefers and just generally more mouths to feed. I would suggest building the bell tower some distance away from the village, ringing it and then surrounding it with armed guards. Whenever someone comes along they will need to pass muster before being shown the way to the actual settlement. That way those with curses or lack of experience (if resources are short) will not be let through.

1 Like

I doubt somebody is willing to spend their lifetime standing in one spot

True, but it wouldn’t be for long. Only for whenever the bell is ringing. Someone would use a cart to bring supplies and new guards to the sight. Besides, it might be more interesting than simply farming carrots or something. At least you will probay see some action and get a cool bow. If nothing else, you could plant a farm there as well so it can produce something at least.