Which Mother Gets the Baby? / 誰が母親になるの?

There has been some imbalances in the algorithm for picking a mother to a new player. We are making some balancing changes in version 2.10.0, and I thought it might be interesting for some of you to know how the new algorithm will work. It can help you to increase or decrease your chances of becoming a mother in the game, depending on what you do.

1. Women will be fertile between ages 15-40. The lower age limit is raised from 14 to 15. Since Eve’s spawn at age 14, they will no longer have children during their first play minute.
  2. There is a minimum time between two babies for the same woman. This “birth cool-down” is currently 2 minutes.
  3. Eves under age 18 will have lower chances to get babies than normal. The probability factor is x1/4 at age 15, x1/2 at age 16, and x3/4 at age 17.
    Together with #1 this will give new Eves a better chance of finding a good spot to settle before getting a lot of children, but there will still be some random variation.
  4. Normal Eves (not reborn ones) from 18 years age, will have a factor x3 until their first baby is born and then x2 until they get a second baby. This is to give a better chance for new families to survive after the Eve dies. We also have to compensate a bit for #3.
  5. Women from 18 years age, will have a x2 factor until they have their first baby. (It seems fair that women with no babies should have a higher chance)
  6. All women will get a factor between x1 and x2 depending on how high Yum bonus they have. The woman with the highest Yum bonus on the server will have a factor of x2 and the lowest will get factor x1.
    So increase your Yum if you want children and keep it low if you don’t want any for the moment.
  7. There will be a probability factor of x1/2 for women living in Reborn families (where the Eve was reborn in a developed area). It is easier for these families to survive and have more females with good Yum bonus, so it seems important to modify their chances, or they might get too many of the babies. In release 2.9.0, these women could not get normal babies at all (only reborn babies) so this is still a change to their benefit.

These factors are all multiplied together to determine the total chance for each woman to get a baby. The actual mother is determined randomly, but a higher total factor means a higher chance overall.

Note about Rebirth:
When you are being Reborn, only women in the range of 100 tiles from your Rebirth Position (which you set yourself any time you create a Rebirth Marker), will be eligible to be your mother. Other women are not considered. If that leaves no eligible women, you will become an Eve instead.

And by the way, in version 2.10.0 women who are starving (food <= 4) will not get babies until they eat something first. We already prevent wounded and sick women from getting babies since an earlier release.

Now that you know about all these factors, it will be easier for you to offer feedback if you think that one of them is too strong or weak (after we release v2.10.0).

ーーーーー

これまで新しいプレイヤーの母親の決定についてのアルゴリズムに少しバランスの悪さがありました。バージョン2.10.0にてそのバランスの変更を予定しており、ここで皆さんにその新しいアルゴリズムがどのように働くかをご説明したいと思います。どのような状態になるかによって、あなたが母親になるかどうかの可能性が増えたり減ったりします。

1. 女性キャラクターは15〜40歳の間、子どもを産める状態になります。最少年齢を14歳から15歳に引き上げました。イブは14歳で誕生するため、最初の1分間に子どもができないようにする目的です。
  2. 一人の女性に子どもの生まれる間隔の最短時間「出産クールダウン」は今のところ2分となっています。
  3. 18歳以下のイブに子どもの生まれる確率は普通より低くなります。その確率は15歳の時=普通の4分の1、16歳の時=普通の2分の1、17歳の時=普通の4分の3です。
    一つ目の項目と伴って、これからのイブはたくさん子どもが生まれる前にもっと拠点探しに集中することができますが、まだランダムな変動もあります。
  4. 普通のイブ(再生ではない)は18歳以降、最初の子どもが生まれる確率が3倍、その次の子どもが生まれる確率は2倍になります。これはイブの死後に家族が生き残りやすくするためです。そして三つ目の項目の結果を少し補う必要もあります。
  5. 18歳以上の女性は最初の子どもが生まれる確率が2倍になります(子どものいない女性のために確率を上げることは公平と考えました)。
  6. 全ての女性はおいしいボーナス(フードチェイン)のスコアによって出産確率に1倍から2倍の変動があります。そのサーバーで一番高いスコアを保持する女性は2倍、一番低いスコアの女性は1倍になります。
    つまり、子どもが欲しい場合はスコアを高くすれば効果的ですし、今は子どもに来て欲しくないという時はボーナスをつけない方が良いということです。
  7. 再生によってできた家族にいる女性の出産確率は2分の1になります(そのイブが発展した街に再生した場合)。再生家族は存続が容易で、女性もおいしいボーナスを高く保ちやすいため、確率を変化させることは必要と思われますし、そうしないと子どもがとてもたくさん生まれてしまう可能性があります。バージョン2.9.0では再生女性には普通の子どもが生まれない(再生マーカーが起動した人しか生まれない)設定でした。その状態の改善も見込んでいます。

これらの因子は折り重なって、それぞれの女性に子どものできる総合的な確率を決定します。誰が母親になるかはランダムに決まりますが、因子が増えるほどやはり全体的に確率は高くなります。

再生についての備考:
再生する時、あなたの再生場所(自分で再生マーカーを設置したところ)から100マス以内の女性のみがあなたの母親の対象となります。その他の女性はなり得ません。もし100マス以内に女性がいない場合、あなたはイブとして再生します。

また、バージョン2.10.0から、餓死しそうな女性(フードメーターが4以下)は、何か食べるまで子どもを産めません。傷を負った女性、また病気の女性が子どもを産めない仕様はすでに早い段階で設定してあります。

以上の通り、新しいバランスをお知らせしましたので、バージョン2.10.0のリリース後フィードバックをくださる場合に、どれが強すぎるか、または弱すぎるかを簡単にご指摘いただけるかと存じます。

10 Likes

I like that eves get a minute of no babies. It will give players who dont like playing as eve a chance to suicide without feeling guilty for abandoning babys .

The lower chances for babys for women younger then eighteen might effect the survivability of camps that are in early development. I mean that stage right after the eve hits 40 since a lot of times its not until the third or fourth generation that players seem to survive past their 20s.

Although now thinking more about it, it wouldn’t effect the chances of players spawning as eves it would just distribute the players more evenly. So on low population servers it shouldn’t make much of a difference but on the japanese servers i guess eve camps would rely more heavily on the skilled players to survive the early stages.

5 Likes

出生率とかは正直どうでも…それよか脳死の問題を解決してほしい。ほとんどどの村も脳死を使って村を存続させてるんだよ…それで最後まで(脳死が乳枯れるまで)育てる気がない村が多すぎて赤ちゃんで餓死が多発してるし。昔の通信切りで即骨になってしまう時代が1番良かったです。
脳死(動かないプレイヤー)は一定時間経つとAIに変わるとか出来ないでしょうか…女性AIは枯れるまで託児所と思われる場所で乳母をしていて枯れて以降は自動的に餓死するようにするとか、そのプレイヤーをタッチするとAIですという表記もほしいAIだから返事とかなさそうだし話しても聞かないから荒らしだろとか思われちゃいそうだし

後もう1つ意見を。フードチェインと母親プレイヤーが適温にいるかで赤ちゃんが生まれやすくなるのは昔から知ってることだから今更感あるけどフードチェインを黄熱病で悪用して+100とかやって放置する荒らしプレイヤーに対したらばんばんざいですね笑。そこらも少し考えたほうがいいと思いますよ

Update: This new logic is now in use on the servers.
Feedback is welcome, as always. If some factor seems to need adjustment, we will make further changes until it feels just right.

3 Likes

The rebirth marker has bug now. I rebirth as a child, but my position is far away from my rebirth marker. I walk 10+ min towards my rebirth marker. Please check it.
@Christoffer

Which server was this on, @Annie?

@Christoffer
Singapore server

Thanks for the report. We have found the cause and are going to release a fix today.
Great job, @Annie. Appreciate it a lot!