Help us make griefing harder to do / 荒らし行為を難しくするお手伝い募集

(Update: this idea is now on hold for an indefinite time, see https://forum.onehouronelife.app/t/help-us-make-griefing-harder-to-do/5981/60)

Griefing = playing the game with the goal of making it less enjoyable for others.

This is a problem that’s been with us from the very beginning. It’s easier to destroy than to build and this gives the griefer an advantage over the regular player. The griefers enjoy this advantage, probably because it gives them a false feeling of superiority.

The problem is that it is realistic that it’s easier to destroy than to build. It’s hard to create checks and balances for griefing which are not fundamentally unrealistic and thus risk making the game feel worse.

I have put a lot of effort into designing a system which would actively combat griefing. This became very complex and it turned out that it would require changing the whole food system and transition system. Implementing it would essentially change the game into another game entirely. It would of course be similar, but it wouldn’t be the same game anymore. So we can’t do that. :pensive:

Recently, griefers have made use of the new ruins feature to create even more messes and sabotaging even more for constructive players. This is profoundly sad.

So I am thinking that it may be time to make an experiment of introducing an unrealistic mechanism with the goal of making it much harder to grief efficiently, and thereby removing the “feeling of superiority” from the acts of griefing. Essentially make it boring to grief.

This is tricky stuff, so I would like to test it with players before making it a part of the normal game mode. So I intend to discuss it here first, then implement it on a few servers, so people can choose if they want to participate or not.

The idea is to identify the possible actions that are likely to be used to grief, and force a cooldown on those actions, so you can’t do them repeatedly in quick succession. For example: killing sheep, cutting down trees, sewing backpacks. These are all sensible things to do, but you don’t have to do them 10 times in 10 seconds - unless you are griefing.

This would create an artificial obstacle for all players, but it would slow griefers down much much more than normal players, and deprive them of their sense of superiority. It would become boring to grief substantially.

So, I’m looking to you players for two things:

1. Do you have any direct feedback about this mechanism? For example: which actions do you think should be on the list to get a cooldown?
  2. Would you volunteer to play test the special version on specific servers, and give us feedback about how it feels, if it is better that the normal mode or not, etc?

(Please stick firmly to the subject in this thread, thanks)

ーーーーー

荒らし行為=他のプレイヤーがゲームを楽しめなくする目的でゲームをプレイすること。

この問題はゲームがリリースされた当初から存在しています。何かを作り上げるより壊すことの方が簡単ですから、通常にプレイされている方より荒らしプレイヤーが優位に立ってしまいます。もしかするとそれが彼らに偽りの優越感を与えてしまっていて、彼らはその立場を楽しんでいるのかもしれません。

問題は何かを作り上げるより壊すことの方が簡単なのは現実的なことで、根本的に非現実的ではないチェック法やバランスを作ることはとても難しく、それらによりゲームのおもしろさを失う危険性があるということです。

荒らし行為と効果的に戦うシステムのデザインには多くの労力を費やしてきましたが、システムはとても複雑化し、フードシステムや変化システムの根本的な改革が必要であるという結論に至りました。その実装はゲームを全く違うゲームに変えてしまうでしょう。もちろん似たものではありますが、同じゲームではなくなってしまいます。我々はそうはしたくありません。 :pensive:

今回、荒らしプレイヤーは新しい遺跡の機能を悪用して、建設的なプレイヤーの作品を破壊し始めています。本当に悲しいことです。

そういうわけで、ここで荒らし行為を効果的に難しくし、荒らし行為による「優越感」をなくす非現実的なメカニズムを導入する実験を試みる時が来たのかなと思っています。荒らしをつまらなくするのです。

これはなかなかややこしいことなので、実際のゲームに導入する前にプレイヤーの皆さんとテストしたいと思います。そこでまずここでそれについて論じて、その後いくつかのサーバーに実装し、参加したいかどうかを選んでいただく形にしようと考えています。

アイデアとしては、荒らし行為に利用されやすい行動を識別し、それらの行動に強制的なクールダウンを設け、短時間にその行動を繰り返し行えないようする、というものです。例えば:羊を殺害する、木を切り倒す、リュックサックを縫う、など。それらの行為は正当なものですが、10秒間に10回もする必要のないことです、荒らしプレイヤーでなければ。

これはすべてのプレイヤーに不自然な障害を作り上げてしまいますが、通常にプレイされている方よりも荒らしプレイヤーの行動を格段に遅くすることができるでしょう。そしてそれが優越感を奪うことにつながるのです。荒らし行為が実質的につまらなくなります。

そこでプレイヤーの皆さんにお聞きしたい二つのことは:

1. このメカニズムについて何か直接的なフィードバックはありますか?例えば:どの行動がクルーダウン対象リストに追加されるべきだと思いますか?
  2. この特別なバージョンに対応したサーバーでテストプレイのボランティアをしたい方はいらっしゃいますか?そしてその使用感はどうだったか、これまでの通常ゲームより良かったか悪かったか、などのフィードバックをいただけますか?

(このスレッドでは表題からできるだけ逸れないようにお願い致します。)

14 Likes

the swamp, snowland and desert trees are not that important so they shouldn’t be affected by this rule.

i guess we don’t have to make more than 2 axes or 2 pickaxes per lifetime.

i never had to make more than 3 arrows in 5 hours of playtime.

i never had to make two knifes in a lifetime.

i never had to eat pie and other home made food when my food bar is almost full.

i never had to build a wall or other objects you can’t go through in front of a door.

i never had to destroy more than 4 walls or one oven base in 5 hours of playtime. but sometimes building stuff is also griefing i.e. building walls where there shouldn‘t be a wall or blocking the way with other material.

i wish we could drain a ditch so its not filled with water anymore. because ditches are also used for griefing.

6 Likes

Using more than 2 different horse every 5 hours feels right. I usually stick to the same horse I’ve been using unless someone else takes it. Then there’s the scenario where I retrieve a lost horse. So 2 different horses allowed every 5 hours.

Starting 8 fires every 15 minutes. So they can’t just spread out all of the kindling and burn it all at once.

Moving more than 2 different bellows within a life shouldn’t be allowed so they can’t kill a smithy instantly and 2 spares protect it.

Crafting one set of all different clothing every hour. There’s no reason to make more than what you yourself will need in a life but so you can still make clothing for others, it just has to be a different material.

Cutting down 10 straight branch trees every hour. Those are really the only trees that matter and are bunched together.

I’d be willing to help play test it! I usually play without clothing but everything else I can give a shot.

5 Likes

Change the box to be disjointed instead of destroying the box with an ax Axes are so versatile that you need to use another tool to remove the box (saw,adze)

Newcomen tower is also impossible to remove In some cases it may be necessary to remove Because the griefer uses the tower to make it impossible to use important facilities(waterpump,oilpit)

There is no need to wake up more than 3 bears in a game. Wake Up Bear requires a limit or cooldown

5 Likes

It’s too vague to say that you shouldn’t move the bellows. Also, a good player may move the bellows some distance for cake and honey

1 Like

Picking up puppies from the moms should be ten minutes or more delays. Or at least the puppies of the dogs that only give birth to their breed like the beagels, pitbulls, etc.

Chopping boxes, removing doors, and breaking signs should be something like 10 minutes between them if possible to reduce the possible damage of a griefer (tho most people use slegldges now for storage)

Aplying locks maybe. Riping up wooden floors and roads are major ones. Tho it doesnt take long to fix those it is one of the most targeted things.

1 Like

I agree that there should be a limit on bear releasing but its restricting for players who hunt bears for clothes. Id say four or five bears so that bear hunters can gain trust in order to have another player follow and release bears for them.

The bellows might be harsh for a dedicated smith though. Griefer comes by and removes the bellows.
Player removes bellows to make charcoal for newcoman. Griefer respawning just to remove the bellows.

Wed run out of good players to replace the bellows on the kiln. Half way through a smiths life

8 posts were split to a new topic: Conversation not directly related to new proposed mechanic

荒らし対策に真剣に取り組んでくれてありがとうございます。
あなたがききたい事とは違うかもしれませんが私の意見を言います。

クールタイム導入よりも、取り外せないアイテム(ポンプビームキットをつけたニューコメンタワーやベルタワー)を無くすことや、壊されたものを補修する手段を作って頂きたいです。
荒らしで一番困ることは、復旧ができないことをされることです。(油田をニューコメンタワーで囲まれるなど)

私は荒らしをしようと思ったこともない善良プレイヤーなのでグリーファーの気持ちは解りませんが、すぐに直されるのはつまらないでしょう?

10 Likes

クールタイムを導入するならば、以下が思い付いた事です。

①屠殺:羊や豚の屠殺は5秒に一回、もしくは10秒に一回。餌の準備、肉や骨の処理などの作業をすれば良いのでこれくらいなら困りません。

②ニューコメンタワー:60分に1回以上作ったとこがありません。

③ベルタワー:60分に一段以上作ったことがありません。

④熊:10分に一回くらいでしょうか?ラグや服に使うとしてもそこまで重要ではありません。

⑤殺人:殺人をしたことがないです。60分に一回もできれば良いと思います。グリーファーならば自分がクールタイム中でも、他の村人に殺して貰えばよいでしょう。
ナイフや弓に制限を設けるのは不便だと思います。特にナイフはゴムや食べ物など用途が多いです。

⑥木こり:木の種類にもよります。沼地の木などは薪にするため10秒に10本切ることもよくあります。木を切るのが好きという人もいるのでなんとも言えません。他の人の意見も聞きたいです。

5 Likes

今までの意見に追加して鍵をつけること(鍵を使って扉を開けるなどではなく)は1人生に1回で良いと思います。
また、雪だるまを使って物を取れなくすることが多いので雪だるまを1人生に2〜3個程度だけ作れるようにしてほしいです。

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: (Split topic) Conversation not directly related to new proposed mechanic

A post was merged into an existing topic: (Split topic) Conversation not directly related to new proposed mechanic

I would do that when i was doing food bonus.:joy:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: (Split topic) Conversation not directly related to new proposed mechanic

2 posts were split to a new topic: (Split topic) Kazi Nami anti grief Sugestion

okay. but then you wouldn’t eat pie direct after you had pie, right?

so i change it to: when my food bar is almost full i don’t have to eat multiple slices of pie in a row. (or same other home made food in a row).

2 Likes

追加です。

フェンスキット

保管用においてある2本の棒を荒らしによってフェンスキットに変えられることが多いです。
しかし、フェンスキットは動物を飼育するためなどの柵として一度にたくさん作ることもあるので、30秒に一つ作れる程度が良いと思います。
これに関してはもう少し議論が必要だと思います。

大きな強火

たきつけを一気に消費するためにしていることがよく見られます。
大きな強火からしか作成できないアイテムが存在しないため、1人生に1回で良いと思います。
(というよりも、消してしまっても問題ないと思います。)

これに参加してみたいです。

初期の村やとても発展した村では鍛冶をしていると1つの人生で4~5つ作ることもあるので、1人生あたりそれぞれ1つの制限が良いと思います。