Investigating new tools against griefers / 荒らし対策新ツールの検討

The griefing problem is on my mind these days (as usual). A while back, I floated some ideas about countering the griefers, but there was pretty hard pushback from some of the players. (you can read the topic here: Help us make griefing harder to do / 荒らし行為を難しくするお手伝い募集).
Now I am back with some new ideas (as always incorporating ideas from forum posts) and want to hear your feedback again. Note that these are pretty major in terms of coding work, so they wouldn’t happen over night. It’s better to reject an idea early rather than after we have put a lot of effort into it.

So, here are some ideas I am interested in exploring:

1. Permanent identifier for players
    In addition to the name given to you as a child, or taken as an Eve, Players would have a unique alphanumeric tag that remains the same in all lives. This way it would be harder for griefers to hide behind anonymity.

2. Action logging
    At a town center, there could be an object that keeps a record over which player has done what, in a radius of for example 100 tiles. Players would be able to examine this log. Combined with a permanent identifier, this would make it impossible for griefers to hide or lie about what they have been doing.
    Note that it is easy to say but hard to design this log in a way where it stores all interesting information, but is still easy to examine. This would require a smart design in order to become useful for real.

3. Banishment in absentia
    One current problem is that in order to banish a griefer, you have to catch them in the act, tap on the character and then use your banish point. If we have some sort of log of who has been visiting and doing things while you were offline, then being able to banish the person through this log would be quite powerful compared to having to catch the griefer in the act.

4. Geographic Banishment
    Being Banished from a town could (in addition to the current punishment) also carry the penalty that the player cannot be born close to that town again for a certain time, measured in real time rather than play time (a week or 30 days, for example). If enough players vote for banishment, the griefer would no longer be able to visit, but would have to spawn or get born in other places. This banishment would overrule Rebirth for the banished player.

5. More frequent Banish Points
    Maybe we need to increase the frequency for players to regenerate their banish points, so they generally have one ready whenever a griefer shows up? Today you get one BP for every two hours of play time. What would be a better frequency?

6. Weight of Banish Points
    A player who has not been banished by anyone, could carry stronger weight in their BPs, whereas a player who has been banished by a lot of others would carry almost no weight in their Banish Points. This way, a band of griefers who have been banished a lot, could not easily overwhelm single “good” players by using banishments.

These are just ideas at this point, so let’s discuss pros and cons about them, shall we?

ーーーーー

近頃荒らし問題について考えを巡らせています(いつもですが)。しばらく前に荒らし対策についていくつかのアイデアを公開しましたが、何人かのプレイヤーの皆さんからなかなかに厳しい反対意見をいただきました(そのトピックはこちらです:Help us make griefing harder to do / 荒らし行為を難しくするお手伝い募集

今またいくつか新しいアイデアを考えましたので(いつも通りフォーラムのご意見を取り入れています)、またフィードバックをいただきたいなと思います。留意点としては、以下のアイデアはコーディングに関わって来ますので、一晩で変更できるようなことではないということです。ですので、行うべきでなければ早めに、多くの作業時間を費やす前に却下したいと考えています。

それでは、こちらに検討したいアイデアをお伝えして行きます:

1. プレイヤーの永久識別
    子供として与えられる名前やイブとしてつける名前の他に、プレイヤーに全ての人生に共通する唯一の英数字を表示する方法です。これによって荒らし行為をする人が匿名性を持つことが難しくなります。

2. アクションログ
    街の中心に、どのプレイヤーが何をしたかを記録するオブジェクトを設置する方法です(例えば100マスの範囲内)。プレイヤーはこのログを調べることができ、永久識別と併せると、荒らし行為をした人がやったことを隠して嘘をつくことができなくなります。
    留意点:言うのは簡単ですが、全ての情報を記録するログをデザインすることはとても難しいです。調べる方はまだ容易なのですが。現実に使いやすいものにするためにはスマートなデザインが必要です。

3. 不在時の追放
    現在問題となっているのは、荒らしを追放するには現行時にキャラクターをタップして捕らえ、それから追放ポイントを使うという仕組みです。もしあなたがオフライン時に誰が街を訪れて何をしていたかを記録できるログのようなものがあって、そのログを通して荒らし行為をした人を追放できれば、現行犯を捕まえるよりはもっと力強い対策になるのではないかと思います。

4. 地理的追放
    街から追放されると(現在の罰則に加えて)その街の近くに一定の時間生まれられなくなり、その時間はプレイ時間ではなく実際の時間で計算される(一週間や30日間など)という方法です。十分な数のプレイヤーが追放に投票すると、荒らし行為をした人はその場所を訪れることができなくなり、その代わりに別の場所に生まれます。この追放は再生に勝ります。

5. 追放ポイント取得頻度の増加
    もしかすると追放ポイント再取得の頻度を上げた方が良いかもしれません。そうすれば荒らし行為をする人が現れた時に常にポイントが一つはある状態になるでしょうか。現在、追放ポイントを再取得するには2時間のプレイ時間が必要です。どのような頻度が適切でしょうか?

6. 追放ポイントの強さ
    誰からも追放されたことのないプレイヤーは普通より強い追放ポイントを持ち、反対にたくさんの人から追放されたことのあるプレイヤーの追放ポイントには効果がほとんどなくなるという方法です。これによって、何度も追放された経歴のある荒らし集団が一人の「善良」なプレイヤーを集中攻撃することが簡単ではなくなります。

今のところ以上はまだアイデア段階ですが、これらの長所と短所についてディスカッションしませんか?

18 Likes

To me idea 1 and 4 do make sense the most. Thanks for coming up with all six ideas!

4 Likes

I recommend numbers 1 and 2.
To avoid the full griefer, run 1.
The downside is that players recognize each other.
The part that there could be more dialogue than progress.
2. Curse even if you can see the past
If you have already used it or have fewer residents,
cannot be deported
But if there’s a lot of residents,
That’s a great plan♥
Plus+
Why is there only a curse button?
Why don’t you have a compliment button?
It would be more fun if I could get a compliment.
And finally, I like all your ideas, and the way you do it♥ thank you♥

9 Likes

There are two community suggestion for a compliment button:

Bless System I
Bless System II

3 Likes

4番と6番のアイディアを支持します。
特に4番の現実の時間というのが良いと思っています。
荒らしプレイヤーは‪ YouAreHope‬に必要無いプレイヤーです。
それは私達プレイヤーだけでなく、運営側にとっても不利益しか与えない存在だと思います。
でしたら、もうそんな人はゲームを辞めてもらいましょう。
30日もゲームが出来なければ、荒らしはゲームそのものを辞めるのではと考えます。
そして、その為にも6番は必要です。
善良なプレイヤーが、荒らしによって追放されてゲームが出来なくなるのは、あってはならないことです。

ただ、アプリを削除して再取得すれば、新たに荒らしがプレイできるというような事になるのでしたら、アカウント登録制にする必要を感じます。

2 Likes

1、2についてはプレイ中、画面上にいつも見える状態ではなく、例えば設定の歯車のような特定のボタンなどを押さないと見れない状態にして欲しいです。

4 Likes

長文になってしまいましたが、日本語で失礼します。

1.プレイヤーの永久識別
匿名性を持っていることにより、今回のプレイでは仲良くできなかった人といつか再会したときに仲良くできる可能性があると私は思っています。

ですので永久識別には賛成ですが、プレイ中にその永久識別は見れなければ嬉しいなと思いました。

しかし、アクションログを調べるためのオブジェクト内で永久識別番号を表示するのは、冤罪を防ぐためには必要だと思いました。

2.アクションログ
大きな掲示板のようなオブジェクトだと分かりやすくていいなと思いました。

荒らしをした人が調べられるのは、冤罪を防げていいと思います。

3.不在時の追放
とても心強いです。
プライベートサーバーは今、リンクのリセットという防衛策がありますが、結局誰が荒らしを行ったのか分からないので、リンクを改めても、不安なままでした。

冤罪もなくなり、不安も減る対策内容だと思います。

4.地理的追放
追放したら、しばらく安心して暮らせそうでいい対策内容ですね!
特に、その街にこだわって荒らしてくる人に効きそうな対策内容だと思います。

1 Like

日本語で書きますね。

1.プレイヤーの永久識別
良い案だと思います。
荒らしを防ぐ為にはプレイ中にも番号を確認できるほうがよいと思います。その場合に少し心配なことが2つ。
①個人に継続した嫌がらせをできること
②集団を形成して他人を排除する、または新規が入りにくい空気ができること。

2.アクションログ
画期的です!罪を擦り付けられることが減るでしょう!
3の案のようにそこから呪うことが出来れば嬉しいです。気づいたときには犯人は死んでいて骨も隠れている事が多いですから。
運営さんが大変過ぎないといいですが…

4.地理的追放
グリーファーの再生マーカーを無効にできるのはとても嬉しいです。
グリーファーが同じ村に生まれ易くならないかが心配です。

5.追放ポイントの取得頻度
サーバーによるので難しいですね。私は1/1hでも良いと思います。
呪いポイントの有無によって頻度が変わるのはどうでしょうか?1でも持っている間は消化するまで貯まらないだとか。

3.不在時の追放
6.追放ポイントの強さ
良い案だとおもいます。

1 Like

1について、ユーザーIDだとそれこそ匿名性が薄れて気軽にプレイできなくなる恐れがあります。これに変わり、可能なら全人生の平均寿命の表示が良いかと思います。これはリセマラーは低い傾向になり、荒らしに関してもやることが無くなれば死ぬ選択をするからです。そして善良なプレイヤーは平均寿命を伸ばそうと慎重なプレイになると思われます。

2については例えばホームマーカーにそのような機能を設け、全ログを記録するのではなく同様の行為の最終ログを記録する。羊全滅や鉄の消費等最終履歴さえあれば誰がやったか明確であり冤罪も防ぎやすくなると思います。この場合個別のユーザーID表示である必要はなく与えられた名前や自分でつけた名前と同時に1の平均寿命を表示することでもし同じ名前で荒らされても別人であることが分かります。

5は現状でいいかと思います。

6はとてもいいと思います。

1 Like

For #1 i feel like while it would be good for stopping griefers it will take away from some factors of the game for example you would always know if your born to a good player or not or new players wont have a fun time when they randomly do realy good from learning something new because every body will still think “oh its that dumb noob” when they see them and treat them like a noob or even run away from them.

But i think it would be a nice touch if user identifiers were used in the action logs so that established towns could combat griefers.

For #2 the action logging i think a good way to examine of someone is griefing would be if a player gets cursed all their actions in the log gets highlighted like the black cursed text. It should also indicate how many active curses they have on them.

It should have tabs based off of actions to with like actions. For example (animals slaughtered/animals fed) (10/2) so it would mean the player slaughtered 10 animals but only fed two animals indicating they culled a large number of animals without feeding very many baby animals.

#3 i think it should be that if you tap the players name in the logs it would bring up only their logs. But players who have active curses on them cant use the logs.

#4 i agree whole heartedly

#5 i honestly would like to be able to banish at least once every life but that could be abused if three griefers teamed and lived just long enough to be able to banish so how about if a player survives to 40 it refreshes their banish tokens while players who cant survive to 40 under normal circumstances would still have to wait untill 2 hours. Of course they shouldn’t be able to use two curses in one life by banishing before and after 40 years

#6 this one is a bit confusing. Are you saying that the non banished players banishment tokens would work like they banished the griefer multiple times? Or are you saying that if a griefer were to banish the innocent player and they banish the griefer back it would out weight the griefers banishment meaning that the banishment on the good player is canceled while the griefer receives a banishment instead?

Actually i think i figured it out did you mean that the more banishments a player receives the less towards a total banishment their tokens count as? For example normally it takes three players to banish a player to death but if those three players have been banished a lot then their tokens combined would only equal 1 banishment total?

2 Likes

追加:
ユーザーidを完全に固定するのではなく、家族ごとにかえるのはどうでしょう?
例:

英語版例:

6 Likes

I belive Dual decade

1 Like

とても良いと思います!
IDが表示される・人に自分の事を覚えられるということで、「一意的な(ユニークな)名前が表示されないから」「特定されないから」という理由で簡単に荒らしを行っていた人は荒らしを躊躇すると思います。
**最終的には荒らしプレイヤーのIDが善良なプレイヤーに記憶され、追放され続けるようになる可能性があります。この可能性が良いことなのか悪いことなのか判断できません。

子どもなしサーバーやプライベートサーバー、海外のサーバー、同時接続プレイヤーが少ないサーバーでは有用に思います。
荒らしで悲しい思いをしているプレイヤーには、3は特に大事なことのように思います。

1~4と一緒に実装されると、とても重い罰になると思います。

1=賛成!
2~6=感想を書きました。とても大切な問題なので、ひどい荒らしに出会った事のない私には賛成も反対も難しかったです。

I Like Suggestions 1-4. I would also suggest to give eves more Ban Power. I would Like to be able to “Claim” a new area with a permanent Home marker. A Eve could start a town there and Others can have permanent Home Markers Like before too. But only the Eve who “claimed” the area as first one is able to banish people with one ban from her area. The people would be banned, but not to donkey town. They wouldn’t be able to come to the area again but can be born or spawned somewhere else. This should prevent innocent people being banished to donkey town by griefer eves. I think it would be good while planting a flower to a marker, a Message would Show up saying that you claimed the area now or If already taken it could just welcome the new citizen to the area. So people know that this area is taken or Not.

5 Likes

I like 1-1 this is need

1 Like

I think 1 and 2 are very good

2 Likes

1のアイディアはこのゲームの持つ一期一会の出会いを阻害してしまうので、もしIDを実装するのであれば自分と運営側のみが把握しておく情報であって欲しいです。
3,4,5,6についてはとても良いアイディアだと思います!

1 Like

I think all six of your suggestions are good, and I especially support those of 1 and 2.
Also, I think number 3 and number 6 must be together.
In some cases, the individual does not move, but the group of people in the gefer activity may form a group and team up or work together to move.
They get together through social media and make plans to attack certain villages or certain people. If numbers 3 and 6 don’t work together, there’s a chance that good users will be deported, so please be sure to consider the benefits.
I think expulsion points are needed at least one point per hour.
If more than one griefer appears in the village, or if one appears in a row, the expulsion point was not sufficient. I ask you to think about these points.

1 Like

日本語で失礼いたします

1.永続的な識別は賛成ですが、プレイ中は識別子を見たくないです。
プレイ中に出会う関係者は(実際は何度も会っていたとしても)その場限り、もう会えない関係であることが ゲームにおける大きな特色になっており、感動につながっていると感じます。
悪質プレイヤーのアカウント削除などの対策をとるために運営側と本人が把握するためなら大賛成です。

2.面白いと思います。荒らし行為を把握できるだけではなく、イベントごとにも流用できると思います。
動作が重くならないか少し心配ですが……

3.グリーファーが集団で投票することもできるようになるのであまり効果的ではないような気がします。
(特に識別子をプレイヤー全員が把握できた場合、グリーファーは良いプレイヤーや新参者を積極的に追放すると思います)

4.賛成です。気になる点が一つあります。もしイヴスパイラルからはずれてグリーファーが生まれるなら、グリーファーイヴが出現する可能性が通常より高くなりませんか?
もしそうなるなら一般プレイヤーは通常のイヴスパイラル上にある家系にのみ生まれるような仕組みが必要ではないでしょうか

5.賛成です。よく追放される人と追放されない人で回復時間に差をつけるのはどうでしょうか(どのくらいの時間が適切かはわかりませんが…)

6.賛成です。

I think it’s a very good idea.
I think 1 and 4 are very attractive.