Rant about griefers

I just found my village with all my sheeps dead and items scattered again…It took me one life to clean up the mess :frowning:

Tbh I’m just getting tired of this game…

Why do developers not include any feature to protect good players? And making us pay more to have private server monthly just means to tolerate trolls…This is just encouraging their behaviors…

:confused:

6 Likes

hi bluemango

do you have a suggestion how to improve the system against griefers? it’s kinda hard to come up with stuff griefers can’t exploit. if you have a good idea you can share it. :slight_smile:

I feel like ppl always suggest good ideas on the forum but the game rarely gets updated. I don’t think uploading ideas won’t do anything

2 Likes

Hi Bluemango, I had the same problem and was getting frustrated however there is one solution, which is a walled city, in one walled city with a security system Misty and I developed there has been zero major griefing and almost zero minor griefing as well in the past 3 months. If you are interested I will message you the details about the walled city method, however the downside is that ur bbs won’t get to help build so much. However griefers are inherently more powerful than builders in this game (you can destroy something in much less time than it took to build) so in my opinion the wall system is the only way to play with a lot of random bbs in a non solo town while keeping your town free of griefing.

5 Likes

I had suggested plenty of ideas for how to fix radio griefing months ago however this is still a major problem in the game in non walled cities on the populated server (of course solo cities and low population servers have less of this type of problem). This may be due to a new game coming out soon and in development which is great, however rather than give a lot of suggestions about the old game which will take a long time to be implemented players can better spend their time coming up with systems for stopping griefing in populated towns with the way the game is as of right now. So far the only thing that I have seen that works is the wall system but there could be others. The ban thing does not work, because even when one griefer is banned 8 or more times there seem to be so many griefers on the server that another one comes in just a few hours later. In the wall system no matter how many griefers are inside they cannot do much harm.

7 Likes

Oh Misty who likes making tortilla? I’ve met you guys before :smiley: wow walled city would take so much time…glad you guys are having minor griefing

5 Likes

And yes I agree voting system doesn’t work. They would laugh at you and destroy even more as a revenge for voting.

I’ll try to see if I can do walled suggestion

4 Likes

I can send you a private message with how we set it up if you want?

1 Like

I think I saw it… was it a city that had cubicle rocks around the city?

3 Likes

Yes, however you need to have some number of stone walls as well. So about 10 or even 5 percent can be stone walls.

Also, make sure to go a long distance away from other villages before starting it. You can travel for multiple lives on horse, just bring a shovel and adze so you make a fence and stop. Keep making peace lilies when you are almost dead and eating anti bb pills. Misty and I did not go far enough as one person found the city but due to the walls could not get in. If we were starting over we would go for maybe a dozen lives in one direction to be almost sure that nobody would ever find it from the outside.

Also, other than the walls make a triple layer of locked doors as the entrance.

You can set your lily petal marker right next to the walls so that you are born outside the walls half the time and inside half the time. The three keys can be hidden outside the walls so that if you are born outside you can get in and then close the doors, and if you need to keep the doors open and work on the town you can eat a carrot seed.

Finally, when you do allow bbs inside you need to check the whole area and make sure there are no tools or iron inside that can be used to make tools to grief. Make sure there is no peace lily or key left inside and that the stone walls are not crumbled. Some tools are ok like adze but you never have more than 3 tools because when they break ppl can make scrap iron out of them and with 4 non griefer tools breaking and making 2 scrap metal they can make a smithing hammer and an axe and chop down all of your trees. Some thing that works well for bbs to be able to farm and make fires is making a lot of thread to make stone hatchets and hoes bc those cannot be used to grief.

Someone tried to make a wall city but forgot about this and left some iron and tools in and when they broke the bbs used some of the iron to grief.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

I agree, a wall is the only way we have found to reduce most griefing. It sucks that we cant have all the tools inside, but it also means we can make bigger projects & not have to worry about it being destroyed. Just depends on ur play style :blush:

3 Likes

The developers have done as much as they can to add features that ward against griefers. They also have to make money somehow, especially with the declining amount of players. I certainly don’t think the developers are purposefully encouraging griefers to continue with their bad behavior.

Personally, I would recommend using the already built-in solutions to defend against griefers (banishment, ID system, etc). Many houses and villages have walls around the premises, along with the townspeople carrying weapons and a strict entry process.

Griefing hopefully will not be as big of a problem in the game that is supposed to supersede You Are Hope. :slight_smile:

Wumbo what server is this on? Bc Bluemango plays on the us beginner server and I have never seen this there. Most villages have no walls around the premises at all and there are no weapons or entry processes.

3 Likes

You can see the griefer ID and banish them by holding down on the griefed item. If you banish the griefer they can no longer be born to you, or you to them for awhile. If you get 5 player votes against them you can haven them region banned for 30 days.

If you still have any item left with the griefer’s ID I would be happy to help vote on it.

5 Likes

We are currently working on a big mining update which is taking some time (We want to give the best mining experience :wink::pick:) . However the radio problem has been on my mind and I will try my best to get something added to protect radios :lock: and move radio bases after the mining update.

Unfortunately we can’t stop all griefers but I do wish to encourage people to join the discord and help each other ban griefers. Not only does this help the person who got griefed But it also will help anyone that voted to not get the griefer as a baby for awhile. Meaning their town will be more protected too.

7 Likes

Omg I love that feature. Thanks so much!

It wouldve been great if I read this before :frowning:
I moved the sheep meat to my boxes

1 Like

And we got discord o.o?!
Would love to join

1 Like

@Bluemango here is the link to the official discord: https://discord.gg/HJe3qk6

if you need players to come to your town and curse a griefer ID let us know.

1 Like

Personally i think the cooldown for each banishment should be shorter!

I’ve seen griefers work in groups - one griefer baits everyone’s banishment, subsequently when their friends continue the griefing, nothing can be done because everyone has used up their hourly banishment.

It’s really annoying and i think a very off putting, discouraging new players from enjoying the game

I think that could backfire and be abused maliciously by griefers to bully innocent people.

Get a group of friends or people on Discord to banish the group of griefers. You should be able to find enough people to banish them.