Upcoming Feature: Fertility Medicine / 新しい機能:不妊治療薬

The civilization in You are Hope has now advanced to the stage where there is technology for increasing or decreasing fertility (for female characters - all males are still sterile :sweat_smile:)

It turns out that ground carrot seeds have traditionally been used as a birth control substance. So we will add that to the game. If you eat it, you can’t get children again until you drink some fertility tea.
Edit: Note that you can’t feed this to another player

Yellow fever will also make you infertile, but only for 5 minutes. This effect is stackable. Fertility tea will cure the effect.

There will also be a new fertility tea that you can drink, to restore or increase fertility. This effect is also stackable and will remain until a baby is born. The effect resets after birth (fertility becomes normal). If you want better chances of having more kids you can start drinking fertility tea again after having a baby.

These additions should make it possible for Eves to plan when they want to start families, or for starving families to reduce new births until there is more food available. There will be no reason for leaving a child to starve anymore! :woman_red_haired: :heart: :baby:

You may sometimes have experienced the situation when there is only one fertile woman left in your family, but that player is AFK? For every bowl of fertility tea that you feed such a character, its fertility will increase and the chances of getting the next baby player will improve. :tea: :tea: :tea:

Does this sound like a good addition to the game? Your feedback is welcome!

ーーーーー

あなたは希望です You are Hope の文明は出生を増減させる技術のある段階までやって来ました(女性キャラクターのみで、男性にはまだ出生に関する機能はありませんが :sweat_smile:

にんじんの種が昔からバースコントロール(避妊)に使われてきたことが分かったので、それをゲームにも追加したいと思います。それを食べると、不妊治療茶を飲むまでは子どもが生まれないという仕組みです。

黄熱も不妊を引き起こしますが、5分の間だけとなります。この効果は積み重ね可能です。そして不妊治療茶によってその効果を打ち消すことができます。

新しい不妊治療茶は、出生機能を回復したり増やしたりします。この効果もまた積み重ねが可能で、子どもが生まれるまで続きます。子どもが生まれると効果はリセットされ、出生率はいつもと同様になります。また子どもの生まれる確率を引き上げたい場合は、出産後にまた不妊治療茶を飲んでください。

この新機能はイブにいつ家族をスタートさせるかの計画を立てやすくし、十分な食料ができるまでに家族が飢えて絶えないようにします。育児放棄で子どもを飢えさせる理由がなくなります! :woman_red_haired: :heart: :baby:

村に出産可能な女性が一人だけしかいないのに、その人に中身がいない、という経験はありませんか?そのキャラクターに不妊治療茶を飲ませることで出生率を上げて、状況を好転させてくれるであろう新しいプレイヤーを得るチャンスを上げることも一つの手です。 :tea: :tea: :tea:

この新機能は良い追加だと思いますか?お気軽にフィードバックください!

15 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for making this happen! I am sure this will be a great addition to the game and will prevent babys from being abandoned all the time and makes it more easy for eves to get prepared before getting a baby! That’s great!

4 Likes

That sounds nice! I like the idea of fertility tea, but normal tea would be also nice food. A lot of natural ingredients fit in tea to.

1 Like

Very welcome.
I want a child when I want to use contraception. I think the idea is really good.

1 Like

I love this idea! I am so happy that this idea has been adopted in a better way! Women should be able to decide on their own to give birth! And Fertility Tea make lonely Eve happy!

나는 이 아이디어가 정말 좋아! 이 아이디어가 더 좋은 방식으로 채택되어 정말 기뻐! 여성은 출산을 스스로 결정할 수 있어야 해! 그리고 다산 차는 외로운 이브를 기쁘게 해줄거야!

2 Likes

What is the direction of the update? How long should we be in agricultural life? Is this game the world in Japan? Food and culture of all countries are mixed

これは、荒らし対策が必要ではないでしょうか?
何故なら、人参の種は容易に入手可能で、他人に食べさせる事ができるからです。
不妊治療茶を飲めば回復できるでしょうが、人参の種を取得するくらい簡単なものでないと、種の入手に追いつかないと考えます。

人参の種は自分だけしか食べる事はできないとするのも手だと思いますが、その場合中身が無い女性から子供が生まれるのを防ぎたい時に不便だと思うので、ただ種を食べるだけでなく、もうワンステップ何かをする事で避妊効果が生まれるようにすれば、簡単に荒らしに使われる事は無くなるのではないでしょうか?

5 Likes

このままだと悪手。
避妊荒らし、不妊治療茶隠しの荒らしが発生します。
日本のリセマラと海外の育児放棄を考えての事だとは思いますが、継続的な避妊は不必要と考えます。

実装するとして、避妊は一時的なものとする(5分程度)継続して生みたくない時は食べ続ける必要がある。これにより子供が欲しくない人のフードチェインが途切れ自然と出産の優位性が落ちる。(後述の避妊後のスーパータイムに影響)

また、避妊効果が切れた後の5分は出産の優位性を最上位(スーパータイム)にすることで1人生で2回出産の最大のチャンスを得ることが出来る。
イブが拠点探し中に避妊した為にそのまま生まれず絶滅するという事故も減らせるのではないかと思います。

あとリセマラに対して否定的にならずにある程度容認して、30分同じ親に生まれなくしたりリセマラしやすい環境も必要かと思います。同じ子を産んだだけで暴言を吐かれるのにはうんざりしています。

5 Likes

踏み入れてはいけないジャンルに踏み入ろうとしている気がする・・・。個人的には好きじゃないです。

人参の種は信憑性に欠けますし、小学生のプレイヤーもいる中、薬さえあればどうにでもなるなんて軽々しい考えを植えつけるような危険は侵さないでほしい。

(プレミアムサーバーを除いて)貢献度をポイント制にして、集めたポイントを使用して男女を選べたり、使用できるクラフトが増えるなどの特典が得られるようにした方が良いと思う。(もちろん女性の人数が少ない等、男性が生まれる条件が揃ってない場合は性別は選べず、ポイントは使用されずに次回に持ち越される。)

そもそも女性が何故嫌がられるかの根底を改善しないと意味がないのでは?子供が大きくなるまで他の作業や遠征が出来ないからだというならば、以前に出ていたアイデアのようにおんぶ紐を実装して母親が自由に働ける環境を整えたり、手渡せば赤子が哺乳瓶から自力でミルクを飲めるようにしたら良い。

厳しい環境下で幼い命が消えてゆくのは悲しいことだけど、世代を繋いでいくサバイバルゲームのはずが道を外れて来ている気がする。

厳しい言い方になってしまい申し訳ありません。でもYouAreHopeが好きだからこそこのシステムの実装がゲームを辞めていく人の助長とならない事を願います。

10 Likes

It’s truly good to know that the team is continuously working in various area to make the game better, but i am with Nabechan as far as this update is concerned. I feel motivating good player, rather than restricting griefer, is more important and i dont see that this update can be a good motive

7 Likes

All right! I totally agree with this idea!
If Griefer ruins the town, Eve needs time to fix it.

3 Likes

I added a clarification about the carrot seed powder to the original post:
Note that you can’t feed this to another player

6 Likes

今までにもおんぶ紐、ベビーカー等のご要望をたくさんいただいており、その上で恐縮なのですが、ここで一度明言しておかなければならないことは、このゲームのシステム上、母親が一定時期子どもを抱っこする以外にプレイヤーを「運ぶ」という動作は現状不可能だということです。今まで実現できていないことにはそのような理由があります。その点だけここで補足させてください。

1 Like

初めて書き込みしますが、避妊、不妊という大変難しいテーマに踏み込んで来ましたね。
これについては鍋ちゃんさんと同じ意見です。
このゲームは、まだ妊娠や出産についての正しい知識が身についていない幼い子ども達もプレイしていることを忘れないでください。
そもそも、母から突然ポンと子どもが生まれるという、ゲームならではの設定、はっきりとした非現実感が、このゲームではわりと重要なポイントだと私は思っています。そこに避妊物質や不妊治療という、より現実的な設定を追加するのは、ゲームのイメージやバランスを崩すことになるのではないかと考えます。自分の持つ倫理観とゲームが合わなくなる可能性もあります。
うまく説明できませんが、現実離れしているからこそ沢山の人が気軽に遊ぶことが出来ているような気がするのです。

リセマラや育児放棄やその他色々な問題を踏まえて、沢山考えて出してくれた案だと思います。
でも、ゲームのもともとの世界観ですとか、初心を思い出してほしいです。より便利にすることが全てではないはずです。

おんぶ紐やベビーカーがシステム上無理なことは把握しました。
となると、やはりなんらかの条件をつけて生まれる前に性別を選べるようにするのが最善だと思います。

プレイヤーの皆さんが、どうしてこのゲームが好きなのか、何を求めてこのゲームをしているのかを、聞いてみるのがいいかもしれませんね。

7 Likes

Birth control is freedom, but I don’t know what the problem is.
You can use it if you want.
You don’t have to use it if you don’t need it.
When we go to save iron, when we go to save land, etc… It takes a lot of time to prepare.
In that sense, when you drink mushrooms and wine on your PC,
You act like you’re hallucinating, don’t you?
Isn’t the PC version also very realistic?:smile:
It’s a paid game.
I don’t think there’s any damage to young children.
Let’s just accept the game as a game.:slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Please note that this is not in any sense equivalent to birth control in real life. IRL, birth control prevents pregnancies and limits the number of babies. In this game there are no pregnancies and the number of babies born is always equal to the number of players who join. This mechanism only distributes players to other families. It doesn’t prevent them from being born. New players and young people (who don’t read this forum) will not even know that it exists, but hopefully they will experience playing more of their lives with other players who actually welcome them.

Likewise, fertility tea does not exist in reality (at least not any that has a strong effect). It’s just a way to say: “Yes, I would very much like another player to join me”.

3 Likes

Maybe due to the Japanese words used in translated version of Christopher’s comment have given negative impression that birth control, avoiding or controling pregnancy is just as easy as eating a carrot seed, which many parents don’t wish their kids to have.
It maybe easy to accept if it’s just that you eat carrot seed when you don’t want baby and drink tea when you wish to have one, without using words like birth control or fertility tea. But I’m not sure if this would have changed what was felt by them…
I, all of sudden, recalled one of my female colleagues who had been going to fertility hospital to have a baby, but recently gave up. Oops, i also started mixing reality and the game😂

Ooops, i started writing this before Christopher’s comment just above this…

1 Like

i love this idea!!!i love you!!!!

1 Like

Lol. Imagine your only daughter kept eating carrots seed her entire youth. That would be pain in the ■■■.

1 Like

But the only daughter could also let the baby’s die because she don’t wants them. The players get angry because getting abandoned. They will be born to other families which wants them or become a eve. It’s less frustrating for everyone.